GW: "what my cats have killed" blog

Old April 14th 05, 06:31 PM
Gabey8

Default GW: "what my cats have killed" blog

I am stuck between saying, "UGH!" and laughing, in a "what a warped sense
of humor someone has!" sort of way, at this concept. Someone just posted a
link to this blog, titled "What my cats have killed", in a message board
that I read.

Bigtime gross warning, as it shows images, including some graphic ones, of
ex-rodents and ex-rabbits that the blogger's felines have carried into the
house.

http://whatmycatshavekilled.blogspot.com/

How do people even THINK to compile things like this?

But I have to say that the kitties themselves, whose photos also appear in
posts in this blog, are beauties. And, apparently, their hunting skills
are top-notch.

This'll be a must-read for any kitties on here who are interested in
comparing hunting techniques. ;o) The rest of us will probably be more
interested in skimming through the photos of the hunt results, and
admiring the handsome mighty-hunter felines.

Donna, and the kitties who only kill feather-wand toys and toy mousies,
Captain and Stanley

Old April 14th 05, 06:46 PM
KittyLady

Gabey,
That reminds me of a story my sister told me. My sister is absolutly
terrified of a mouse, to the point that she can move from the room the
mouse is in to another without ever touching the floor. One night she
wokeup to a rusling in her bed. She said she switched on the lamp and
there was Solomon (RB) playing with his newest catch. A live mouse.
Needless to say she did not talk to me for a few weeks after I laughed
about it.
Skritches,
KittyLady

Old April 14th 05, 06:58 PM
Jo Firey

I must admit that the last thing I considered doing with the Monday offering
was photographing it.!

I was just ever so grateful the killing part was done on the tile rather
than the carpet.

Jo
lkaboutpets.com...

Old April 14th 05, 08:39 PM
Tara K.

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

I know I should be making shocked and horrified noises, but having lived
with a number of very enthusiastic mousers (including Dana, of
"MouseAgeddon" fame), I laughed until the tears rolled down my face. I think
it was the self-satisfied, well-fed look on his cat's faces that really set
me off.

I think the guy who made that site is part cat. It's the only possible
explanation.

TK

Old April 14th 05, 08:50 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...

SNIP

--

Chablis has proven herself to be quite the hunter. So far, she hasn't
left 'gifts' around for me. She's actually eating what she catches...

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat
En Vino Veritas

Old April 14th 05, 09:32 PM
Kreisleriana

On 14 Apr 2005 10:46:57 -0700, "KittyLady"
yodeled:

Gabey,
That reminds me of a story my sister told me. My sister is absolutly
terrified of a mouse, to the point that she can move from the room the
mouse is in to another without ever touching the floor. One night she
wokeup to a rusling in her bed. She said she switched on the lamp and
there was Solomon (RB) playing with his newest catch. A live mouse.
Needless to say she did not talk to me for a few weeks after I laughed
about it.
Skritches,
KittyLady

Oh, there are those among us who've had such little gifts dropped into
our beds. :P Stinky let one loose on me, and I think Marina's Frank
gave her an extra-fresh breakfast in bed, too, one morning, didn't he?

Theresa
Old April 14th 05, 09:39 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:31:17 -0400, "Gabey8"
yodeled:

[...]

WOW! Look at that rabbit!!!!!!! Those guys are ambitious!

I very rarely ever see blood or guts-- Stinky makes very clean kills,
probably why I can clean up after them without getting too upset or
grossed out. The worst thing I ever encountered was a
partially-digested mouse that he --- well, that he just didn't finish
digesting. :P -- and it took me awhile to figure out what the mess
was.

Jeez, WTF IS some of that stuff??!!

Theresa
Old April 14th 05, 09:48 PM
CatNipped

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On 14 Apr 2005 10:46:57 -0700, "KittyLady"
yodeled:

Gabey,
That reminds me of a story my sister told me. My sister is absolutly
terrified of a mouse, to the point that she can move from the room the
mouse is in to another without ever touching the floor. One night she
wokeup to a rusling in her bed. She said she switched on the lamp and
there was Solomon (RB) playing with his newest catch. A live mouse.
Needless to say she did not talk to me for a few weeks after I laughed
about it.
Skritches,
KittyLady

Oh, there are those among us who've had such little gifts dropped into
our beds. :P Stinky let one loose on me, and I think Marina's Frank
gave her an extra-fresh breakfast in bed, too, one morning, didn't he?

Prissy Sissy With The Sassy Tail (RB) left the hind half of a mouse in my
slipper once! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Theresa

Old April 14th 05, 09:52 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Stinky did that too, very recently. But we're talking extra-
extra-fresh, here-- as in still moving-- quickly!!!!!!!! :P

Theresa
Old April 15th 05, 03:17 AM
Tara K.

[...]

Well, I spotted a kidney, a large intestine, and I think there was
definitely a spleen in there somewhere . . . . oh, that was a rhetorical
question, right?

TK

PS I used to do hawk rehab, you kind of get used to that kind of stuff -
apologies to any rodent lovers out there.