Breaking in my smoker

Old August 6th 05, 02:38 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Breaking in my smoker

So last week I finally bit the bullet a bought a grill/smoker combo.
We've been without a grill for ages, so it was about time. Considering
here in Central Texas we can bbq year-round, it's really silly not to
have a grill. So, last weekend I put the grill part together and grilled
some fish.
Last night I made a simple brine to marinate a pork butt and 4 baby back
rib racks overnight. This morning I got up very early to assemble the
smoke box that attaches to the big grill. Meat is now smoking with
mesquite wood, it should be ready to eat in about 10 hours or so.
Bring lots of napkins.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 6th 05, 02:41 PM
Philip

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
So last week I finally bit the bullet a bought a grill/smoker combo. We've
been without a grill for ages, so it was about time. Considering here in
Central Texas we can bbq year-round, it's really silly not to have a
grill. So, last weekend I put the grill part together and grilled some
fish.
Last night I made a simple brine to marinate a pork butt and 4 baby back
rib racks overnight. This morning I got up very early to assemble the
smoke box that attaches to the big grill. Meat is now smoking with
mesquite wood, it should be ready to eat in about 10 hours or so.
Bring lots of napkins.

--
Victor M. Martinez

Well .... if you're in Abileen, I can get there in about 22 hrs driving
time.

Old August 6th 05, 05:27 PM
W. Leong

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
So last week I finally bit the bullet a bought a grill/smoker combo. We've
been without a grill for ages, so it was about time. Considering here in
Central Texas we can bbq year-round, it's really silly not to have a
grill. So, last weekend I put the grill part together and grilled some
fish.
Last night I made a simple brine to marinate a pork butt and 4 baby back
rib racks overnight. This morning I got up very early to assemble the
smoke box that attaches to the big grill. Meat is now smoking with
mesquite wood, it should be ready to eat in about 10 hours or so.
Bring lots of napkins.

I love mesquite smoked meat. It was a long time since I had some at Lone
Star. Yum!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 6th 05, 10:37 PM
CATherine

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:38:03 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

So last week I finally bit the bullet a bought a grill/smoker combo.
We've been without a grill for ages, so it was about time. Considering
here in Central Texas we can bbq year-round, it's really silly not to
have a grill. So, last weekend I put the grill part together and grilled
some fish.
Last night I made a simple brine to marinate a pork butt and 4 baby back
rib racks overnight. This morning I got up very early to assemble the
smoke box that attaches to the big grill. Meat is now smoking with
mesquite wood, it should be ready to eat in about 10 hours or so.
Bring lots of napkins.

Drool!! As late as it is, I can't drive that fast so I am contacting
Roadrunner's Acme company for a quick rocket to jet on down there in
time for mesquite smoked meat, my absolute favorite! ;-D

--
CATherine
Old August 6th 05, 11:19 PM
John F. Eldredge

wrote:

So last week I finally bit the bullet a bought a grill/smoker combo.
We've been without a grill for ages, so it was about time. Considering
here in Central Texas we can bbq year-round, it's really silly not to
have a grill. So, last weekend I put the grill part together and grilled
some fish.
Last night I made a simple brine to marinate a pork butt and 4 baby back
rib racks overnight. This morning I got up very early to assemble the
smoke box that attaches to the big grill. Meat is now smoking with
mesquite wood, it should be ready to eat in about 10 hours or so.
Bring lots of napkins.

Drool!! As late as it is, I can't drive that fast so I am contacting
Roadrunner's Acme company for a quick rocket to jet on down there in
time for mesquite smoked meat, my absolute favorite! ;-D

Just make sure that you don't get one of Wile E. Coyote's rockets by
mistake; they invariably malfunction, or else he runs into an
inconveniently-placed rock outcrop.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 7th 05, 01:16 AM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
So last week I finally bit the bullet a bought a grill/smoker combo.
We've been without a grill for ages, so it was about time. Considering
here in Central Texas we can bbq year-round, it's really silly not to
have a grill. So, last weekend I put the grill part together and
grilled some fish.
Last night I made a simple brine to marinate a pork butt and 4 baby
back rib racks overnight. This morning I got up very early to
assemble the smoke box that attaches to the big grill. Meat is now
smoking with mesquite wood, it should be ready to eat in about 10
hours or so. Bring lots of napkins.

Your next mission (should you choose to accept it): hickory smoked standing
rib roast (prime rib). I'll take my slab rare, please!

Jill

Old August 7th 05, 02:26 AM
Wayne Mitchell

Victor Martinez wrote:

We've been without a grill for ages

Oh my God, Victor! In Texas? Can't you be deported for that?

--

Wayne M.
Old August 7th 05, 04:39 AM
Victor Martinez

Wayne Mitchell wrote:
Oh my God, Victor! In Texas? Can't you be deported for that?

Shhh!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he