Stupid, Stupid Mommy!!

Old July 16th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default Stupid, Stupid Mommy!!

Note to self: In a small bathroom, move the bare feet AWAY from the
edge of the tub when the Princess Rita wants to get out of the tub
before the shower starts.

She landed, in a panic, with her back paw on the top of my foot, then
pushed off and ran.
Without my glasses, I couldn't see a thing, so my thought process went
something like this:
'Oh dear, that's gonna hurt.'
'Ow, that hurts!'
'YOWCH!'

Well, I hopped in the shower and scrubbed everything down with soap
and water, then went into the bedroom to dry off. Put on my glasses
and looked down, and there was a large amount of blood on the top of
my foot, and it HURT a whole lot. *sigh* You'd think I'd learn to
stay out of her way, y'know? I've got some lovely long deep scratches
right on the top of my foot. It's gonna leave a lovely mark. Good
thing I'm not a foot model, huh?

It's patched up with lots of antibacterial ointment and bandages, and
I can actually get a shoe on today, so I don't think it's infected,
but as a diabetic, I'm going to watch very carefully. I have an appt
with my endo tomorrow anyway, so it'll get seen by someone medical.

Jane
- owned and operated (and damaged) by Princess Rita

Old July 16th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:08:08 -0700, Jane wrote:

[...]

Are you bothered (as I am) with itching as the scratch heals? MLB

Old July 16th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Jane wrote:
Note to self: In a small bathroom, move the bare feet AWAY from the
edge of the tub when the Princess Rita wants to get out of the tub
before the shower starts.

She landed, in a panic, with her back paw on the top of my foot, then
pushed off and ran.

That sounds like a deep scratch! Buster's given me one foot scratch
like that when I passed the cat dancer too close to myself when I was
playing with him, and he made a sharp turn pushing off the top of my
foot! He came from the shelter with his claws good and clipped
though, so it wasn't bad - it just made a welt, not draw blood.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to clip those claws myself someday,
hopefully soon, as it's been over a month since his back claws have
been clipped, and being a bit of a kitten, he does like to squirm out
of my arms when he suddenly sees something interesting (although he
usually does it with claws retracted). So far, I've only managed to
get two of Buster's sharper front claws, and several of Dot's front
claws. I haven't gotten any of their back claws yet, although they're
slower to grow back, so it's okay for now. I check them periodically,
and I memorize which of their claws are the sharpest, so that I can
accurately target them when they're sleepy.

Old July 16th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Jul 16, 1:24 pm, mlbriggs wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:08:08 -0700, Jane wrote:
y'know? I've got some lovely long deep scratches right on the top of my

foot. It's gonna leave a lovely mark. Good thing I'm not a foot model,
huh?

It's patched up with lots of antibacterial ointment and bandages, and I
can actually get a shoe on today, so I don't think it's infected, but as a
diabetic, I'm going to watch very carefully. I have an appt with my endo
tomorrow anyway, so it'll get seen by someone medical.

Jane
- owned and operated (and damaged) by Princess Rita

Are you bothered (as I am) with itching as the scratch heals? MLB

I'm looking forward to that (NOT!) in a few days. Right now it just
feels
a little bruised and sore.

Jane

Old July 16th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jane wrote:

On Jul 16, 1:24 pm, mlbriggs wrote:

Are you bothered (as I am) with itching as the scratch heals? MLB

I'm looking forward to that (NOT!) in a few days. Right now it just
feels a little bruised and sore.

For me, the itching starts almost immediately, or within 5 or 10 minutes
of getting scratched. One thing that does wonders for that is to put some
hydrogen peroxide on it immediately after the scratch. That really seems
to stop the itching in its tracks.

Joyce
Old July 16th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jane wrote:

[...]

Lots of healing purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

OT - Argh - Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!! Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 59 July 23rd 06 10:23 PM
How stupid am I? Susan M Cat anecdotes 8 March 31st 05 02:32 PM
IGNORE Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ okafretu jmcquown Cat anecdotes 4 November 7th 04 11:40 PM
stupid, stupid neighbor -L. : Cat health & behaviour 51 August 30th 04 05:21 AM
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid People! (long) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 93 June 15th 04 06:35 AM