Ut-oh my Toes!!!! Izzit too soon?

Old October 27th 03, 02:56 AM
Stacey

Mebbee Lucy anna Lenny awr sendin deze tu nu kittiez tu yoor meowmie. I
meen, whut iz da chanss ov TU Meezer kittiez showin up so fastfast lyke dat,
so soon aftur Lucy anna Lenny wentid tu da Bridj?

Sebastian anna Zoe

"onlyTwoSeemsSoFewCats" wrote in message
Unca Cory wrote:

Anti Johanna, jist whut in da hek iz da matfur wif yurownself??? Yu HAZ
gonned loony-toonz!!! Bringin' mor kitteez intu dat howse... whut abowt
da kitteez yooz allreddy gottid?! Whut iffin wun ur bof uf doze

katzenz,
wike mineownself, wantid tu be an ONLYKITTY???!! Whut den?! Yu wuld

Oh, Mr. Onyx, we'ze wuzzen't tellin' on Meowmie cus of DAT... da Sprout!
an' me (me espeshly) like offer kitties. I wuz a barn baby before I got
a OneTrooHome, an' liffing wif onlee *ONE* offur kitty is the leest I
*effer* liffed wif! I effen like trooder kitties - effury time dere wuz
a visitor, effen a meen nasty unhappy kitty visitor, I tried to be best
frens.

Meowmie finks if da Sprout! had growed up a onlee kitty she mite haf bin
like dat, but she wuz raised by Mr. Lenny, Ms. Lucy an' mineownself from
when a baby, so she just finks dere's lots of kitties effurwhere too.

We wuz wantin advices if dis mite not be best for Meowmie, so soon...
but she's feelin' more sure of it now. And da guy-hoomin has
kinda...well, 'resigned' to it. He's not convinced *HE* wants more
kitties, but he's kinda convinced it's hopeless where it comes to
meowmie and kitties.

Tell Unca Cory tu, frum Meomie an' us - we'ze *KNOWS* dat noo Meezers is
not Lenny and Lucy and dey is diffrent. Dis is Okay. Dey wud not come
heer to replace Lenny and Lucy, but dey wud come heer in tribewt to da
legacy whut wuz built by Meezers. Lenny and Lucy were hard-luck
meezers, thought maybe "too old" to find a new home, left at a shelter
for months. What bedder honour, now they is gone, than tu share the
home they helped build wif too mor who mite be owt in da cold - or wurse
- if dey did not find a new TrooHome?

Iffn' yew can't tell, Meowmie has becum set on dis, and we'ze got all
dat fingers (an' my Toes!) crossed dat TED Bonnie sez dey gets a cleen
bill o' helthy and can come home.

Panda ov Waitin-for-Noo-Meezers-Toes! ('member, I'm a Honoraree Meezer,

tu!)

--- Onyx, wannabe onlykitty, absolutely indignant...

UB ~ NEVER MIND ONYX. He thinks he's crabby 'cuz of Java, my brother's
cat, takin' over his house. I think as long as you know and understand
right from the get-go that these kitties aren't Lucy and Lenny, and

never
will be carbon copies of them - and may never end up sleeping in your
room no matter what you may *want* them to do (and it sounds to me like
you DO understand that, FTR) - that you should consider taking them.
You've had 4 cats. You can afford them. They need homes. You have a
home that is in need of some extra kitty love. What's the problem (oh
yeah, the other cats... well, as much as Onyx likes to *think* he hates
Java, my mom tells me that they sleep in pretty close proximity to each
other without any problems or fights or anything... but don't tell Onyx

told you that!)?

Old October 27th 03, 03:18 AM
onlyTwoSeemsSoFewCats

Stacey wrote:
Mebbee Lucy anna Lenny awr sendin deze tu nu kittiez tu yoor meowmie. I
meen, whut iz da chanss ov TU Meezer kittiez showin up so fastfast lyke dat,
so soon aftur Lucy anna Lenny wentid tu da Bridj?

Sebastian anna Zoe

We'ze fot ov 'zackly dat. Mr. Lenny probly noo Ms. Lucy wuz coming
soon, and I'll bet too if a Meezer-person arrived at da Bridj wifout her
Meezers, he wud heer about dat tu. Iz nize to fink maybe Lenny, an'
Lucy wen she got dere, cud tell Meowie and Bluey's last person dat dey
were sendin Meowmie tu find dem so dey cud have a noo TrooHome.

Meowmie finks "fate" is much more than just coincydinces....

Panda-ov-Bast-is-Watching-Toes

Old October 27th 03, 04:10 PM
Samuel \Houdini\ Kitten

I agree! Nofing happens by accident. Fur instance, mineown purrpaw was
working at de place where he finded me because he was *supposed* to. Dat
wasn't an accident. I'z sure of dat.

Sammy Kitten

Old October 28th 03, 10:11 PM
ChildFree23

My mom had the same reaction when she met Lilith Kitten for the first time.
She waited until the TED she worked for was ready to release her, and just
brought her home. She's been with us ever since.

If it feels right, GO FOR IT!

Meowmie Debby

"onlyTwoSeemsSoFewCats"
wrote in message ...
MEOWMIE *ahem*... Meowmie notes: I am not generally impulsive,
sentimental or rash... except with cats...

Two days before Lucy died, my vet took custody of a 7-year old pair of
Meezers whose person had just died days before. The family and friends
couldn't keep them, and the old lady was a client of my TED's and TED
Bonnie had adopted one of her cats years back, so they brought them to
her. I couldn't think about it while Lucy was dying, but since she's
been gone, I can't stop thinking about them, so I went to meet them today.

I wonder that it's too soon... and I know I cannot replace Lenny and
Lucy... but these two are *gorgeous* in their own right, even though
right now they are anxious and stressed. It didn't slow the purring
down one little bit.

TED is as excellent with people as with cats, and wouldn't let me run
off with them right there, but she's going to do a whole health workup
on them and let me come back and see them. There are some signs of
stress (understandably) and a couple of apparent cigarette burns
(sadly... accidents, we're sure, but sad), and the two of them are
four-wheel declawed, also sadly but their last person apparently had a
bleeding disorder, and it's a long-done thing. I'd never declaw, but
wouldn't turn them away because they were.

Their names are "Meowie" and "Bluey", a seal-point male and blue-point
female respectively.

So, I have my doubts, my anxieties, medical exams and an unfortunately
reluctant second opinion with whom I cohabitate to deal with still...
but I can't stop thinking how *quiet* it is with only two cats
chattering at me. I cried last night, not just because Lucy was gone
but because Panda and Sprout were both in bed with Adam, and I realized
that in 11 years, I had not been at home without at least one cat in the
same room. Having more cats increases the odds that ONE of them will
want to pay attention to me once in a while.

So it seems I am doing some thinking of what is next in my life....

/MEOWMIE

Velvet Toes LMarks Cat anecdotes 66 November 9th 04 09:16 PM
Too Many Toes or Feet Wulfdog Cat anecdotes 33 May 30th 04 03:22 AM