OT - New Diet

Old February 24th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - New Diet

Anybody here ever try the Asai Berry / Advanced Cleanse diet? Just like
every new diet fad, this one offers testimonies of fantastic weight loss
with no diet or exercise (makes me really skeptical right there), but I've
about run out of ideas to get DH to lose some weight (he is dangerously
overweight, smokes, and does no exercise - even walking up a single flight
of stairs has him out of breath and shaky).

This is a link to a supposedly "expose" about it, but in actuality is just
one big ad for it.
http://health-foxnews.com/health/art...81/?id=current.

Let me know what you think.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 24th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
Anybody here ever try the Asai Berry / Advanced Cleanse diet? Just like
every new diet fad, this one offers testimonies of fantastic weight loss
with no diet or exercise (makes me really skeptical right there), but I've
about run out of ideas to get DH to lose some weight (he is dangerously
overweight, smokes, and does no exercise - even walking up a single flight
of stairs has him out of breath and shaky).

This is a link to a supposedly "expose" about it, but in actuality is just
one big ad for it.
http://health-foxnews.com/health/art...81/?id=current.

Let me know what you think.

From what I have read about it, the users get their exercise running to
the bathroom! Perhaps Matthew could tell you what he is doing. Best
wishes. MLB
Old February 24th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"MLB" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Anybody here ever try the Asai Berry / Advanced Cleanse diet? Just like
every new diet fad, this one offers testimonies of fantastic weight loss
with no diet or exercise (makes me really skeptical right there), but
I've about run out of ideas to get DH to lose some weight (he is
dangerously overweight, smokes, and does no exercise - even walking up a
single flight of stairs has him out of breath and shaky).

This is a link to a supposedly "expose" about it, but in actuality is
just one big ad for it.
http://health-foxnews.com/health/art...81/?id=current.

Let me know what you think.

From what I have read about it, the users get their exercise running to
the bathroom! Perhaps Matthew could tell you what he is doing. Best
wishes. MLB

Lori that diet is a fad it will never have long lasting results. None of
them ever do. the best one I was ever on was when Stacker 2 that had the
ephedrine in it till it was outlawed. I lost a ton of weight on it.

I am in the process of getting the lap band done. It will be many many
months before the surgery than it will be a couple years before the weight
is gone. It is a long term procedure. But you have to be in the right
frame of mind to have it done. This is not like having lip suction done for
superficial benefits.

I am sorry there is no true quick fix weight loss. Trust me I have tried
them all. That is why I finally am seeking professional help. I am glad I
did I was diagnosed with lacking the chemical that makes me feel full. A
widely recognized problem in obese people. I can go to a all you can eat
place gorge myself not fill full realize what I have done and it makes me
sick.

As for him being the way you described YOU can't do anything till he wants
to do something. Sounds like he might going through depression. I just saw
a shrink the other day and she recommended wellbutrin( still can't spell
that right)

AS for walking up the stairs and being shaky. He might have a undiagnosed
heart condition that you may want to have checked out.

As for diet what I am doing my best to do which is very hard since food is
more addicting than alcohol or smoking. Good thing is it has been as of
2/19 it has been 13 years since I have had a smoke or drink.

Lori no fast or fried food. If you have to eat out be sensible get a
grilled chicken salad or if you do a burger instead of fries get something
like apple slices. It will be hard to break if someone is used to grabbing
a quick bite. I know it is my down fall right now. Come home at 4am from
driving and what is open not much who wants to cook at 4am. I try to stock
pile steak and shake coupons. I grab a grilled chicken salad and diet coke
but I hate to say it McDonald wines out and I grab a burger and fry. I got
to get it through my head I need to stop. It is hard when you see food all
over the place. So I know the pain and addiction that there is.

Get rid of white flour products in your meals go to wheat or corn products
that will help reduce cholesterol and the triglycerides. Add vitamins to
the diet among those add fish oil tablets and cinnamon supplements; been
proven to help control sugar levels. Try adding chicken or turkey fillers
to a meat portion. If you need to do a diet Atkins is about the best you
can do. But I seriously suggest If you can see a nutrionist get your doctor
involved they will help

Smaller portion controls are easier to be done. Instead of a large plate.
Use a smaller plate to make the portions look bigger. Add food that files
you up. Add vegetables. If you are doing the cooking and shopping you are
in charge if he gripes say there you go get your butt up and cook but if
you do you clean. This will be about as bad as fighting about finances.

Try smaller meals through out the day. Have the weight supplement drinks
added. When I am hungry I eat a couple apples to fill up which again is a
recognized weight control

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/nat...-apples-ga.htm

Old February 24th 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

the only thing that ever helped me is weight watchers... which if he won't
do it is not a help... but if you are the one cooking you can go to the
site, and get recipe ideas on how to cook good food healthier, Lee

Old February 24th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i have always thought this is why they tell me to drink water, i burn
calories going to the bathroom, Lee
"MLB" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Anybody here ever try the Asai Berry / Advanced Cleanse diet? Just like
every new diet fad, this one offers testimonies of fantastic weight loss
with no diet or exercise (makes me really skeptical right there), but
I've about run out of ideas to get DH to lose some weight (he is
dangerously overweight, smokes, and does no exercise - even walking up a
single flight of stairs has him out of breath and shaky).

This is a link to a supposedly "expose" about it, but in actuality is
just one big ad for it.
http://health-foxnews.com/health/art...81/?id=current.

Let me know what you think.

From what I have read about it, the users get their exercise running to

Old February 24th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:
Anybody here ever try the Asai Berry / Advanced Cleanse diet? Just like
every new diet fad, this one offers testimonies of fantastic weight loss
with no diet or exercise (makes me really skeptical right there),

I tend to be cautions about any ingestible substance that claims to
"cleanse" my system! (IIRC, there are any number of herbal teas that
make the same claim.) Most of them are simply some sort of
laxative/purge, which may "cleanse" your system okay, but most likely at
the expense of proper nourishment, if taken regularly. (People with
Bulimia use such things, along with voluntary vomiting, to prevent
gaining weight, but that's considered an illness, not a weight-loss
method.) Fortunately, constipation has never been a problem for me, but
IMO that would be the only legitimate reason for using a product like that.

Old February 24th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

CatNipped wrote:
Anybody here ever try the Asai Berry / Advanced Cleanse diet? Just like
every new diet fad, this one offers testimonies of fantastic weight loss
with no diet or exercise (makes me really skeptical right there),

I tend to be cautions about any ingestible substance that claims to
"cleanse" my system!

Acai berry is digestible. It's a fruit.

Not to say that diets consisting of just one food, or just a few foods,
are safe, even if the food itself is nutritious. I remember grapefruit
diets, meat-only diets, all sorts of weird, unbalanced ways of eating that
are dangerous and don't produce any substantial or lasting weight loss.

Joyce

--
Taxes: Money you complain about giving the government, to pay for
services whose absence you would complain about.
Old February 24th 10, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Best cleansing product Caster Oil drink a bottle of that there will be
nothing left inside but has a bad side effect dehydration ;-)

m...

Old February 24th 10, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Anybody here ever try the Asai Berry / Advanced Cleanse diet? Just like
every new diet fad, this one offers testimonies of fantastic weight loss
with no diet or exercise (makes me really skeptical right there), but
I've about run out of ideas to get DH to lose some weight (he is
dangerously overweight, smokes, and does no exercise - even walking up a
single flight of stairs has him out of breath and shaky).

This is a link to a supposedly "expose" about it, but in actuality is
just one big ad for it.
http://health-foxnews.com/health/art...81/?id=current.

Let me know what you think.

From what I have read about it, the users get their exercise running to
the bathroom! Perhaps Matthew could tell you what he is doing. Best
wishes. MLB

Wait a sec... I thought Catnipped just posted about how thin she is and that
her clothes hang off her frame? Why on earth would she be considering a
diet?!

Jill

Diet. Z Cat health & behaviour 0 May 23rd 07 11:50 PM
Diet. Z Cat health & behaviour 0 May 16th 07 03:34 AM
Diet. Z Cat health & behaviour 0 March 30th 07 03:03 PM
Cat on a diet [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 16 December 22nd 05 02:48 AM
try not to look a diet Linda Cat health & behaviour 0 September 13th 05 03:01 PM