The Impossible Dream

Old May 29th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Impossible Dream

I was just outside seeing if I could coax Jake and Molly into coming inside
for the night.

It's a really nice evening, and if I were a cat I wouldn't want to come in.

I found Jake in the plum tree considering jumping onto the roof. (He can't
figure out how to get back down but that never seems to stop him)

And I found Molly on the roof, at the far corner by the garage. Crouching
at the very corner. And trying to catch hummingbirds in mid flight!

There is a feeder suspended from that corner that we can see inside from the
house and the birds are filling up for the night as it is almost dusk. And
she is sitting on the very edge of the roof trying to grab them in mid air.

I'm not at all worried for the birds. She doesn't have a prayer. And not
too worried for her as she knows how to get off the roof and if she falls
she will just land on the Rubbermaid garbage cans.

But what an overinflated sense of her own abilities she has.

Jo

Old May 29th 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-29, Jo Firey penned:

But what an overinflated sense of her own abilities she has.

Hey, if only we were all so confident in our own abilities!

If you aim high and miss, you'll still achieve more than if you aim
low.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Having a Bad Dream? (Kitty Sensitivity) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 February 27th 06 11:04 PM
do not dream familiarly while you're answering above a durable plate [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 01:24 PM
Terrible Dream Susan M Cat anecdotes 15 February 23rd 05 01:57 AM
A *weird* cat dream Dan M Cat anecdotes 18 January 12th 05 09:12 PM
unpleasant dream, nice awakening JB Cat anecdotes 0 December 23rd 04 03:10 PM