My (Not So) Little Cathlete

Old September 29th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default My (Not So) Little Cathlete

One of these days there's going to be a disaster in my very own bedroom
(no jokes, please. that's already been covered every which way but
loose). All it will take is Archer to gain a few more ounces.

Laying in my bed I hear a distant thu-thunk, thu-thunk, getting louder
and louder, closer and closer... thu-THUNK, thu-THUNK, ominously
closer... THU-THUNK, THU-THUNK. Out of the corner of my eye I see an
orange streak, flashing across my floor, jumping and barely putting a
paw on the top 2' cat post to launch itself across the room to land,
precariously, on the top of the 5' cat tree.

Upon contact the tree sways sooooo close to the flat screen hanging on
the wall, sways back again the other way, back and forth and then,
before the swaying stops he leaps from there to my bed causing a
circular motion of the tree. It sways back towards the TV, to the bed,
to the smaller cat post, to the double glass French doors, and back to
the TV.

The tree landing on the bed would be the least destructive outcome, but
since when have I ever got by with the least destructive outcome.
Landing on the smaller cat post would not be too expensively disastrous,
it would take out my standing mirror. However, the doors or the TV
would be a very big financial ouch.

But gosh, he loves that tree so much, and I couldn't allow him to launch
himself into the air with no spot to land, that would cause an orange
smear on my wall!

It's a good thing the tall tree has a very, very large base - in truth I
don't think it will ever fall over, but it certainly does cause my heart
to pitter-patter watching it sway inches away from some desperate
housewives. Well, *something* needs to cause my heart to pitter-patter! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 29th 11, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:56:59 PM UTC-4, CatNipped wrote:

It's a good thing the tall tree has a very, very large base - in truth I
don't think it will ever fall over, but it certainly does cause my heart
to pitter-patter watching it sway inches away from some desperate
housewives. Well, *something* needs to cause my heart to pitter-patter! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Rita does the same thing. When the tree was new, she knocked it over at least twice. Now she seems to know exactly how much force to use to *not* knock it over, which is a good thing, because it's right next to my delicate flat-screen tv!
The smaller cat trees don't fare so well. They've been knocked over several times.

And yes, I have THREE cat trees for ONE cat. What's your point? *laugh*

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old September 29th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Rita does the same thing. When the tree was new, she knocked it over at
least twice. Now she seems to know exactly how much force to use to *not*
knock it over, which is a good thing, because it's right next to my
delicate flat-screen tv!
The smaller cat trees don't fare so well. They've been knocked over
several times.

And yes, I have THREE cat trees for ONE cat. What's your point? *laugh*

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Worst thing goofy ever did was get his claw somehow stuck in something
hanging from the top of a 2 part dresser
he pulled the whole thing over to the ground making a huge crashing sound
and let out the high pitched cat meow scream. he wasnt hurt rhough.

Old September 30th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/29/2011 3:09 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In , CatNipped
wrote:
[...]

I know it's not funny when you think some disaster is about to unfold in
front of you but I can just imagine the look on your face as you watch his
athletic prowess.

Judith

Oh it's hilarious! I don't really think it will actually tip over, it's
even withstood the two of them, almost 40 pounds of muscle and fur,
careening around it, jumping, one after the other, then jumping back
down to run back up the stairs again. It just looks like a looooooooong
orinj-stripey streak flashing through the house. ;