My vet says Willi needs a biopsy

Old May 8th 04, 06:46 PM
MJohns7861

Default My vet says Willi needs a biopsy

Came back from the vet this morning. My intention was to bring my 10 year old
indoor black and white tuxedo cat Willi in for his shots. Instead they found a
almost golf ball size lump on the upper side of his neck. Given Willi's mostly
black medium length hair I guess I had not noticed. X-rays were inclusive and
fuzzy and the vet recommended once she speaks to the vet surgeon she would like
to set up a time for Willi to come in for a biopsy on Monday or Tuesday.

The vet tried to be optimistic in that it could be malignant. She pointed out
that Willi's lungs were clear which gave her a sign of optimism but ultimately
a biopsy would have to answer this tough question.

Needless to say I am quite shaken up by this news. Willi has been my buddy
since I adopted him off the street since he 8 weeks old and been through some
of the toughest times of my life with me. It's tough. Really tough thinking
about this right now. I just hope and pray I get some good news next week.

Anyway, as I enter this stage and drop Willi off for his biopsy next week - was
wondering if anyone could enlighten and share their wisdom with me to this
process and questions I need to ask the vet as this happens.

Magnus
Old May 8th 04, 07:28 PM
Annie Wxill

"MJohns7861" wrote in message
Anyway, as I enter this stage and drop Willi off for his biopsy next

week - was
wondering if anyone could enlighten and share their wisdom with me to this
process and questions I need to ask the vet as this happens.

Magnus

Sorry to hear that you and Willi are going through this. You are in my
thoughts and prayers that everything will turn out O.K.
Annie

Old May 8th 04, 09:34 PM
MJohns7861

I can add that they thought it might be an abcess and tried to put a needle in
it to drain it. The lump was rock hard and that did not work leading the vet to
believe it is something else.

Certainly will keep the group posted on what I find out this coming week.

Magnus