Bloodwork mystery -- follow-up

Old May 11th 04, 07:51 PM
DG511

Default Bloodwork mystery -- follow-up

A few weeks ago, I posted about my 9-year-old cat, Eddie, who was supposed to
have dental work. However, the preliminary bloodwork showed a low white blood
cell count and an elevated calcium level. The vet said that about half the
time, this was inconsequential, and the other half of the time, it was the
first sign of a problem. I posted here and several people passed along some
very helpful information, and asked me to report back once we redid the
bloodwork.

Well, we did the blookwork again yesterday. I just heard from my vet, and she
was very pleased. Eddie's white count was perfectly normal. His calcium was
10.9, with 10.8 being the top of the normal range, and she thought that was
good compared to where it was a few weeks ago. Tomorrow, he gets his teeth
cleaned, finally.

So everything seems to be fine. Thanks to those who responded to my initial
post.

Daria

Timing is everything
Old May 11th 04, 08:09 PM