BabyCat Update

Old July 3rd 05, 07:12 PM

Default BabyCat Update

Babycat has now officially given up her bottle. Not willingly. She
still crawls up and starts biting my face, that's the signal she wants
the bottle. I let her have the bottle way too long, even after she was
eating kitten food real well.
But by my estimates she is six weeks old now and roly-poly fat. Friday
she got her first big-girl shots and deworming. The booster is in 3
weeks, then she will have some immunity and be ready to go back to the
shelter. Sniff. I think 9-10 weeks is probably old enough.
I found a really good sale on premium kitten food, nearly half price. I
bought six cases of it. I figure I will send a few cases with her. I
also bought her an Alpine scratcher, some toys. I had bought a new
kitten-sized litterbox which I don't need here, either. Maybe I should
send a box of the litter she's used to, also. I'm looking for a pattern
for a cat bed and am going to make her a tent, so she'll have familiar
sleeping things.
She is getting to have a quite a dowry.

Sherry

Old July 3rd 05, 07:48 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Aww! I wish I could have her!!

Old July 3rd 05, 08:17 PM

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Oh, man. I wish you could too. I'm going to be particular about who
gets this cat. It's different when you get all emotionally attached to
them than it is just adopting them out from the shelter. Not that both
don't equally deserve the best home possible, but it's somehow just
different.

Sherry

Old July 3rd 05, 08:20 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If I adopted a cat from you, I would insist you come for a visit and
check out the kitty's new digs. Really, she is so beautiful. But I
think my husband is right when he says two is all we can handle
right now--if only because I go away for a week at a time several
times a year and I do not trust him to remember all the medicines
and to keep the boxes right and to give them lots of attention. He
would not mean to neglect, but he would forget.

Old July 3rd 05, 09:39 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

LOL! And very high expectations of a new meowmie!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 4th 05, 02:31 AM
Pat

You want that kitten to stay with you. I can tell.

Old July 4th 05, 05:30 AM

Pat wrote:
You want that kitten to stay with you. I can tell.

ARRGGH. I can't keep her. I've hit cat critical mass around here.
Besides, she's really getting on everybody's nerves. Yoda is chewing
the fur off his front leg. I'm not sure I can offer to foster any more.
He's getting too old and crochety.
Not that I haven't enjoyed her, I really have.
Sherry

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 01:03 AM
Latest Crackles Update (appt moved up) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 12th 04 01:37 PM
Update on Abby the Lazarus cat :-) AJ Cat health & behaviour 46 February 2nd 04 01:36 AM
Update on Tiffany & New Pictures. Flippy Cat anecdotes 21 February 1st 04 05:52 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM