RW Intrusions (not about monkey grass! :))

Old May 9th 04, 12:33 AM

Default RW Intrusions (not about monkey grass! :))

Steve Touchstone wrote:

She told me she told me they were strictly indoor kitties, and
they would be staying there, because their shots weren't up to date
and it would be a major hazzle to take them with her. A sister in law
would be living there and taking care of the cats.

What a horrible, irresponsible person. Sweet deal for the sister-in-law,
not so sweet for the one in Germany. I guess your employer didn't have
anyone else to ask?

The owner's un-neutered female had had a litter of kittens, a miracle
litter as flakey SIL swears it had never been let outside.

Actually, I think it was pretty irresponsible of the owner to leave
a fertile female with a housesitter. The cat would be going into heat,
which would drive the housesitter crazy (not to mention the cat) and
would be a real challenge to keep indoors, as we all know! I wonder
why she didn't have her spayed before leaving for Germany?

Mom, kittens, and neutered tom Rocky lookalike, had been turned over
to the local shelter.

She brought the home owner's *pets* to the animal shelter?? I can see
turning over the kittens, but why the mom and the neutered male? I'll
say the cats' owner will be mighty angry about that.

Only one of the owner's pets was left, banished from
the house, living on the screen back porch.

Poor thing! How dare this woman do this to someone else's cats?
(Especially someone who trusted her to take good care of them, and
let her live in her home?)

As it is I'll probably never get paid for the work I've already done.

Why do you say that? You don't think the woman who's in Germany will
pay you when she gets back? She's not the flaky one, and it's her yard.
But I don't blame you for dropping them anyway. It all sounds very
unpleasant.

Your other kitty experiences do sound much nicer, especially the brave
one who doesn't run away from powered lawn equipment!

Joyce