So many feathers, so much fur

Old May 27th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default So many feathers, so much fur

I borrowed "So Many Feathers" (DVD) again from the library for the kitties.
Well, at least for Baby Eyes, who until now had been the only one of this
clowder interested in watching TV. But I now have six (6) furbabies crowded
around the TV watching the birdie show. Only Abelard is keeping a distance,
but he is watching from his bed.

We highly recommend this DVD.

Old May 27th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

~~We highly recommend this DVD.~~

I'll have to see if I can find this anywhere. I don't know where Fleez
gets his love of bird watching, since during the one and only chance he
ever had to encounter a bird he turned into a big, black chicken
himself. grin

Cheers,
Azy!

"I can honestly say that your question, though worthy of answering, is
/the/ absolute worst compilation of words ever delivered to my inbox. "
~Mr. Fleez.

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

Old May 27th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
I borrowed "So Many Feathers" (DVD) again from the library for the

kitties.
Well, at least for Baby Eyes, who until now had been the only one of this
clowder interested in watching TV. But I now have six (6) furbabies

crowded
around the TV watching the birdie show. Only Abelard is keeping a

distance,
but he is watching from his bed.

We highly recommend this DVD.

What a cute little story! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to give
that a go. :~)

kili

Old May 27th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Azy" wrote

I'll have to see if I can find this anywhere.

Check your library, or try
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000DN5VYO

Old May 27th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
I borrowed "So Many Feathers" (DVD) again from the library for the
kitties. Well, at least for Baby Eyes, who until now had been the
only one of this clowder interested in watching TV. But I now have
six (6) furbabies crowded around the TV watching the birdie show.
Only Abelard is keeping a distance, but he is watching from his bed.

We highly recommend this DVD.

Persia pays absolutely no attention to the television; I don't think she
even knows it's there. She watches "reality TV" via my sliding glass doors
to the patio where the bird feeder and bird bath is. But it's cute that
your clowder will watch a DVD

Jill

Old May 27th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote

Persia pays absolutely no attention to the television; I don't think she
even knows it's there. She watches "reality TV" via my sliding glass
doors
to the patio where the bird feeder and bird bath is. But it's cute that
your clowder will watch a DVD

How much would you be willing to bet that if you put on this DVD and made
sure Persia saw a glimpse of it, she would not suddenly develop interest in
the TV?

Old May 27th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

Persia pays absolutely no attention to the television; I don't think
she even knows it's there. She watches "reality TV" via my sliding
glass doors
to the patio where the bird feeder and bird bath is. But it's cute
that your clowder will watch a DVD

How much would you be willing to bet that if you put on this DVD and
made sure Persia saw a glimpse of it, she would not suddenly develop
interest in the TV?

Considering I have no money to bet, nothing. But I promise, she doesn't
even know the TV is there. My little parrot, on the other hand, goes
completely into chirp mode when she hears birds on TV commercials

Jill

Old May 27th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

Persia pays absolutely no attention to the television; I don't think
she even knows it's there. She watches "reality TV" via my sliding
glass doors
to the patio where the bird feeder and bird bath is. But it's cute
that your clowder will watch a DVD

How much would you be willing to bet that if you put on this DVD and
made sure Persia saw a glimpse of it, she would not suddenly develop
interest in the TV?

Considering I have no money to bet, nothing. But I promise, she doesn't
even know the TV is there. My little parrot, on the other hand, goes
completely into chirp mode when she hears birds on TV commercials

Jill

Birds! Our parakeets were mostly quiet most of the time. However it didn't
take them long to learn that most of the family seemed to wander in and sit
down about eight pm. Right where we could watch them. So they would always
proceed to put on a show. Complete with loud sound effects. They couldn't
see the TV and they were right next to it, but they could sure hear it.

Jo

Old May 27th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

[...]

I'd raised parakeets off and on since 1966. When they get going, boy do
they! But that squawking they do at times is enough to get on your last
nerve! My lovebird chirps and trills but she doesn't squawk. I made a good
choice with this bird

This is Peaches:

http://tinyurl.com/fmmde

Jill

Old May 27th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Persia pays absolutely no attention to the television; I don't think she
even knows it's there. She watches "reality TV" via my sliding glass doors
to the patio where the bird feeder and bird bath is. But it's cute that
your clowder will watch a DVD

I just caught four cats watching Babylon 5 with the human clowder. I
bought them "video catnip" and they hated it. So I donated it to our
TED and they play it for their patients and worried hoomins.

Pam S.