What cat toys do yours like?

Old May 28th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default What cat toys do yours like?

jmcquown wrote:

Okay, we can skip over the boxes, bags, baskets and milk bottle caps We
all know cats love those things.

They all love the thockies. I take old socks sew a catfish or other
type face onto them, put some nip into them then sew the end closed with
yarn so that I can open it up and add more nip upon occasion. Qui Gun
Kit gets fanatic about his favorite thockie and will steal it from the
other cats. It is funny watching him running down the hall with a black
thockie dragging behind him and another cat in hot pursuit.

They adore those little tiny mousies that come in packages of 6 or a
dozen. They think that those are great fun and they are helping out by
killing the mouse infestation.

The red-eyed monster isn't as popular, as most have figured out what it
is and where it comes from, but Stoner (Qui Gun Kit) still gets excited
by it and his enthusiasm does infect the others.

String is very popular, which makes cross stitching an exercise of
ingenuity as well as peril.

Their favorite toys of all, I think, are each other. I've been the
speedway for the kitty 500 enough times that I shouldn't be surprised
when I have new bruises the next morning.

Pam S.
Old May 28th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Vino also has a catnip mousie with velcro on the bottom that he goes
nuts over. But he loves it way more if I move it around for him and try
to pull it away while he's gnawing on it. If I don't play with it with
him, he loses interest soon.
He also likes those little furry mice, he will bat those around quite a
bit and sometimes plays fetch.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

jmcquown wrote:
Okay, we can skip over the boxes, bags, baskets and milk bottle caps
We all know cats love those things.

What about other toys? Persia doesn't like things that roll, like
jingle balls. She does love those crinkly mylar balls but that's
because they make that crackling sound.

Her other fav's are soft catnip toys. She has a catnip "mousie"
(Victor has the same one for his cats) - it has a velcro bottom and I
fill it with fresh catnip every month or so. She bunny-kicks it,
tosses it; hugs it, licks it into submission and sometimes goes to
sleep with her head on it like it's a pillow

She also really likes these two (also catnip filled) plush toys that
her boyfurend, Weebles, sent to her. I caught her tossing both of
those around and chasing them just today

She loves her crackle-sack. She has abandoned sleeping with me in
favour of sleeping on her crackle sack. That's after she's pounced
on it a few times after tossing her soft toys around. (I'm feeling a
little left out here!)

She used to love the laser pointer - she'd go mad over it: "Where's
the dot! Where's the dot!" and chase it all around. Now she's just
sort of interested for a few minutes and then doesn't care anymore
because she knows she's not going to catch it. Of course, she is
getting older. By my reckoning she's at least 8 years old.

What sort of toys do your cats enjoy?

Jill

Old May 28th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Licky loves his green foam ball. The thing is filthy and seriously
chewed up, but he still brings it to me every day and meows for me
to throw it. When he chases it, he looks like a serious predator - he
runs low to the ground, races right up to it and bats at it, or else
picks it up in his mouth. If I throw it toward the kitchen, he will
slip and slide as he tries to stop, when he gets to the ball. I can
hear kitty toenails scrambling all over the linoleum, it's hilarious!

Roxy, by comparison, also chases it, but then will suddenly veer in
a different direction, such as toward the scratching post, and start
scratching excitedly. To her, it's just a fun chasing game. She has
no clue about hunting or capturing. Her favorite toy is actually the
stick that I poke in and out from under the rug.

Smudge's favorite toy is the great outdoors!

Joyce
Old May 29th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Newspapers! Especially if I'm holding one trying to read it-- POUNCE
in the middle of the crease, and the paper's on the floor. Goody! I'm
gonna crawl under it and jump on the next kitty that walks by.

Little fur mousies-- popular until the dog chews them, at which point
they lose their furriness.

"Hajiki", which are a Japanese toy, kind of like a glass marble that
has been heated and squashed flat. Great for knocking out of the bowl
I keep them in for "pretty", dropping off the top of the television,
and batting around the floor like a hockey puck.

Necklaces, especially if they're attached to a hoomin neck.

Ribbons. Pens. Boxes and schoolbags.

Boxes and more boxes. And oh, did I mention boxes?

Cantate

Old May 29th 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

We have these little word magnets on the fridge, the kind you get at bookstores
to cater to your inner poet as you go grazing in the middle of the night. Roxie,
who reigns from the fridgetop, likes to pull random words from the side to the
top. "Cat psychedelic miasma cold cigarette." I want to know what's growing in
the catnip patch.

She also has invented a new game involving a catnip bag. She will take the bag
and amack it down on the floor a couple of times, pick it up, raise it over her
head, and toss it into one of Louie's sneakers; and she'll dig it back out and
begin a new round. We believe it has potential for both physical fitness and
marketing. We're thinking of adapting it for human use and calling it
"basketball." Where does she get this stuff? I think Louie watched bits of one
or two games when it was a slow point in the Stanley Cup playoffs, and she's
picking it up just from his getting bored during commercials?

Stosh likes the plastic caps from milk bottles and toilet paper. At least I
think he still likes TP. He did a while back, stopped, and now we're finding
rolls of Cottonelle waving a white flag after being beaten into submission. The
weirdest favorite is my hair. He loves to swing on it like Tarzan, all sixteen
pounds of him.

Brandy likes to beat on my yarn, as does Stosh; she also likes to swat at the
cords for opening the curtains. Her favorite of all, though, is wrestling.

Odessa is a total niphead and spends most of her time with a nipsack.

All of our babies love ping-pong balls, and wiffle golf balls--you get them 24
to a pack in any sporting goods department and they're inexpensive, and they
make great noise when they bounce. They also have little holes in them, making
them easy for the cats to carry around and stash away. We've been wondering
where ours have disappeared to. I think someday I'll do some cleaning (yeah
right) and I'll have this mountain of wiffle golf balls fall on me like tribbles
on Captain Kirk.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old May 29th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article , jmcquown
wrote:

Okay, we can skip over the boxes, bags, baskets and milk bottle caps We
all know cats love those things.

What sort of toys do your cats enjoy?

Jill

My two, Rhia and Amy, are littermates and Siamese, but with different
favourites for toys. Neither of them are catnip-sensitive, which takes
some of the fun out of the standard commercial toys for them. Rhia
likes balls and anything that rolls and is the football (soccer for
those on t'other side of the pond) player. Her real passion is balls of
silver foil. She loves to carry these in her mouth to the top of the
stairs then bat them downstairs with a paw and try to run down and
catch them before they get to the bottom. She usually succeeds. She
also likes to pop them into the toes of my unworn shoes then try to
fish them out again. The first time I say her do this I thought she'd
dropped it in there by mistake and couldn't get it out, so I tipped it
out for her. She promply put it back and gave me a look the clearly
said "Don't you dare ruin my game again!"

Amy likes anything light and fluffy that she can throw. I've never seen
a cat throw like her. Sometimes it's the ususal take it in her mouth
and throw it with a flick of her head, but her favourinte technique is
to take it in her front paw, go up on her hind legs and swing her whole
body like a hammer thrower. She'll send things flying clear across the
room like this and seems to hit me with them so often that I'm sure she
must be aiming for me! Her favourites for this are some catnip mice
with leather tails that she's almost totally destroyed, regrettably I
haven't been able to find any more of them; they were sold by the
little local Co-Op grocery shop that had a rack with a few cat and dog
toys next to the pet food. When they re-organised the store and got rid
of the rack I bought the entire stock of about half a dozen of these
before they were returned to the warehouse, but I've run out of them
now.

John (servant to Rhia and Amy)

Fat Cat toys P C Cat anecdotes 10 January 20th 06 12:05 AM
Safe glue for cat toys? [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 October 31st 05 08:45 PM
Help with Lattice Balls? Rhino Cat health & behaviour 14 October 28th 05 10:58 PM
Warning about dangle toys attached to scratching posts MaryL Cat anecdotes 7 August 3rd 05 06:22 AM
Gem Gets Real Toys Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 6 August 28th 03 05:38 AM