Dulce Mae is my hero

Old May 29th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Dulce Mae is my hero

LOL! Three cheers for brave Dulcie Mae!

Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Time for the sometimes annual vacuuming of the carpet (grin).

I started unwinding the cord of the Dyson (which vacuum I highly
recommend, btw), and Buster starts giving me worried looks. Little
Feet prepares to run. Little Boy gives me an odd "What are you doing?"
look.

I start up the vacuum, and Little Feet runs from the living room into
the bedroom. Buster hightails it to the top of the chest freezer down
the hall. Little Boy tries to get traction in mid air, doing his best
Bugs Bunny imitation (head two feet ahead of his hindquarters, and a
cloud of dust). I don't see Dulce Mae.

On into the bedroom. Little Feet feels safe on the bed, and just
watches me. Until I pick up the vacuum to get to the obstructed side
of the room. He joins Buster on the freezer. Little Boy's head pokes
briefly around the corner at the end of the hallway. I still don't see
Dulce Mae.

Down the hall, and near the freezer I go. Cats on the freezer are
panicking and trying to find a way off the freezer without being eaten
by the vacuum.

Finally, I see Dulce Mae. She comes charging down the hall, pushes me
back from the vacuum, and runs up to the vacuum. She administers three
sharp slaps to the machine, cusses at it for a moment, then comes back
and rubs against my legs, looking very smug. I believe she gave sharp
looks to the three boy cats while she was at it.

When I picked her up and thanked her for protecting me, she started
purring.

She may be terrified of cars, but she takes no guff from uppity
household appliances (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark