Census. Please respond.

Old June 7th 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

Default Census. Please respond.

CURRENT CATS

Name: JULIET (Littermate of Romeo)
Gender: Female
Breed: DLH
Colour: Tabby & White
Age: 14
Source of cat: I was looking to adopt a cat, and a friend from Uni told me
that her mother's cat had two kittens. I only wanted one kitten but I ended
up taking both.

Name: CHLOE
Gender: Female
Breed: DSH
Colour: Spotted Tabby
Age: 7
Source of cat: At my local Vet one day, whilst purchasing cat food, the Vet
nurse was holding a kitten. She explained that a mamacat and 4 kittens had
been left in a cardboard box outside the Vet that morning. I showed the
kitten to my house mate who was waiting for me in the car, and he suggested
that we get the kitten for Mia.

Name: JETSON
Gender: Male
Breed: DSH
Colour: Tabby & White
Age: 6*
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and found him sleeping on the bed. He
decided to stay. :-)

Name: CRICKET(Littermate of Gin Gin)
Gender: Male
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black & White, kind of Tuxedo.
Age: 1
Source of cat: Used to live with my neighbour, but found a better home with
me. :-)

Name: GIN GIN (Littermate of Cricket)
Gender: Female
Breed: DSH
Colour: Grey & White, kind of Tuxedo.
Age: 1
Source of cat: Used to live with my neighbour, but found a better home with
me. :-)

RAINBOW BRIDGE CATS

Whe RB
Name: ROMEO (Littermate of Juliet)
Gender: Male
Breed: DLH
Colour: Black
Source of cat: I was looking to adopt a cat, and a friend from Uni told me
that her mother's cat had two kittens. I only wanted one kitten but I ended
up taking both.
Age if went to RB: 12
Cause of going to RB (if known): AFAIK, Vital Organ Shutdown

Whe RB
Name: TIFFANY (aka Tiffy)
Gender: Female
Breed: Persian
Colour: Pure White, with odd-colour eyes: one blue, one gold.
Source of cat: A lady from my mailing list sent me a message asking that I
help her find a home for Tiffany, a cat who had been abandoned at a
Melbourne Vet. Mia and I adopted her. Tiffy lived with us for 3.5 years
before going to RB.
Age if went to RB: 12
Cause of going to RB (if known): Chronic Renal Failure

Whe RB
Name: GOOFY
Gender: Male
Breed: DSH
Colour: White & Tabby
Source of cat: In Greece in 1985, a friend found this kitten at the back of
an industrial estate and brought him home for me. Goofy lived with me for 3
years before I had to go back to Australia to live. My best friend who lived
upstairs from me adopted Goofy and gave him a fantastic life.
Age if went to RB: I believe Goofy lived to be 19 years old.

Whe RB
Names: My childhood cats: Sylvester, Felix, BOF, and all the others that I
cannot remember right now. I loved you all, and I wish I had taken better
care of you.
Breed: All moggies.
Colour: Black, 2 x Tabby & White, 2 x Ginger, B&W Tuxedo, and others.

ABOUT ME

Name: FLIPPY
Gender: Female
Your age: Prefer not to say (blushing...)
Birthday month: May
Location (state, country): Melbourne, Australia
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 5
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 5
How long have you been with RPCA?: 10+ years
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: Looking around on Usenet.
My website: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Old June 7th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Current cats.

Name: Snoopy
Gender: female
Breed: DSH
Colour: White with black patches
Age: 18 years 3 months
Source of cat: Former neighbour

Name: Baghhera
Gender: male
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black
Age: 4 years 11 months
Source of cat: Adopted via a friend who runs a boarding cattery.

Name: Shadow
Gender: male
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black
Age: 6 years approx.
Source of cat: Ex feral, moved in recently

Gender: Male
Your age: 50-54
Birthday month: March
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 3
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 3
How long have you been with RPCA?: 12 years or so

Old June 7th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Current cats
Name: Puschel
Gender: female
Breed: Persian
Colour: brown-black-gold tortoishel
Age: 16*
Source of cat: was abandoned by her first human
~ ~ ~
Name: She
Gender: female
Breed: ESH
Colour: brown tabby with red spots
Age: 14
Source of cat: adopted from a friend
~ ~ ~
Name: Owl
Gender: male
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver tabby
Age: 7
Source of cat: adopted from a friend
~ ~ ~
Name: Bandit
Gender: male
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver tabby
Age: 7
Source of cat: son of Chiara
~ ~ ~
Name: Lady Mortisha
Gender: female
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver tabby
Age: 7
Source of cat: daughter of Chiara
~ ~ ~
Name: Dax
Gender: male
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver-shaded color point
Age: 7
Source of cat: adopted from a friend
~ ~ ~
Name: Chiara
Gender: female
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver-shaded color point
Age: 10
Source of cat: adopted from a friend
~ ~ ~
Name: Cottonball
Gender: male
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver-shaded color point
Age: 7
Source of cat: son of Chiara
~ ~ ~
Name: Rasputin
Gender: male
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver-shaded color point
Age: 7
Source of cat: son of Chiara
~ ~ ~
Name: Smoke
Gender: male
Breed: Persian
Colour: silver-shaded color point
Age: 7
Source of cat: son of Chiara
~ ~ ~
Name: Sirikit
Gender: female
Breed: Persian
Colour: seal-point
Age: 7
Source of cat: adopted from a friend

~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe RB
Name: Tientje I
Gender: male
Breed: ESH
Colour: black with a little white spot on his throat
Source of cat: adopted from a shelter
Age if went to RB: 19,5
Cause of going to RB (if known): CRF
~ ~ ~
Whe RB
Name: Tientje II
Gender: male
Breed: ESH
Colour: black with a little white spot on his throat
Source of cat: adopted from a shelter
Age if went to RB: 14
Cause of going to RB (if known): frightened to death
~ ~ ~
Whe RB
Name: Pim
Gender: male
Breed: ESH
Colour: tuxedo
Source of cat: adopted from a shelter
Age if went to RB: 21,5
Cause of going to RB (if known): died of old age

~ ~ ~
About us:

Gender: female
Your age: 50
Birthday month: December
Location (state, country): Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 11
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 11
How long have you been with RPCA?: 2001
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: searching newsgroups
~ ~ ~
Gender: male
Your age: 50
Birthday month: August
Location (state, country): Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 11
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 11
How long have you been with RPCA?: 2001
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: searching newsgroups
~ ~ ~

Purrs to you from
Inge & Volker and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old June 7th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
rb

Yowie wrote:
As has been pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in RPCA.

Current cats:

Andy
Male
DLH
gray tabby
7 1/2
abandoned in apartment complex. He sat there as I approached let me pick
him up and take him into my apartment.

Mary
Female
DSH
Black
5?
Dumped or wandered into apartment complex; taken in by apartment manager
when she had two kittens. I adopted her from the manager after her
kittens were given to a rescue society - both of her kittens were
adopted together into the same family.

~ ~ ~
RB/lost/missing

Boots
RB
Female
DSH
Tuxedo with four white paws.
Adopted from pet store.
unknown as she went missing one day when I was fifteen
see above line

~ ~ ~

Male
40-49
Dec
USA
2
2
about seven years.
while perusing cat related newsgroups
Old June 7th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Victor Martinez wrote:
Yowie wrote:
Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Is it ok to email you an excel spreadsheet? It seems more practical.

Thats a great idea! But, just in case, could you also send the file in a
comma delimited version (.csv) so that if I hav the wrong version of Excel,
I can still open it.

And, of course, mind the spam trap.

Yowie

Old June 7th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote

| Name: Licorice (aka Licky, Mr. Licks)
| snip
| Source of cat: I fostered him for a rescue group, something I should
| never do again.

This makes no sense. If you were to foster Licky for a rescue group again,
he would have gone there from you, so why not just keep him in the first
place?

Old June 8th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
Thats a great idea! But, just in case, could you also send the file in a
comma delimited version (.csv) so that if I hav the wrong version of Excel,
I can still open it.

It's off, both in csv and in "old" excel.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 8th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Is it ok to email you an excel spreadsheet? It seems more practical.

Thats a great idea! But, just in case, could you also send the file in a
comma delimited version (.csv) so that if I hav the wrong version of Excel,
I can still open it.

Geeks!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 8th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

wrote

Name: Licorice (aka Licky, Mr. Licks)
Source of cat: I fostered him for a rescue group, something I should
never do again.

This makes no sense. If you were to foster Licky for a rescue group again,
he would have gone there from you, so why not just keep him in the first
place?

Eh? Frankly, I don't follow what you're saying either.

I meant that I shouldn't foster cats from a rescue group, as I have
this tendency to want to keep them.

You'll notice that I don't heed my own advice, though.