My mom's apartment is really bad for the cat...need some help.

Old January 15th 04, 06:32 PM
Cat Protector

Go ahead and pick on me all you want. I never posted anything of that nature
on the rec.cats.misc newsgroup. Of course you seem to find any excuse to
bring me down including destorting the truth. It is amazing what this
newsgroup has become. I remember a long time ago we could deal without the
Sherry's, Karen M's, and every other nasty poster and help cats. I think you
resort to name calling and picking on others because you have no facts or
other information to back up your claims. You also don't like it when people
stand up to you so you either back down and play the victim in order to get
sympathy and support or simply do whatever you can to make those who don't
agree with you look like bad people.

To Sherry and all the rest, I have to wonder if you also plan on invading
other newsgroups with your crap? For those interested I have found a news
board for those cat lovers who truly want to help others without the need
for name calling and the flame wars that seem to be happening here. You can
find it on the catfancy.com Web Site. At least there you can discuss cats
without dealing with some of the egos and put downs you get here. Best of
all, people actually act like adults there instead of fighting like little
children. I am not sure that will fit well with some people here though
because you still prefer to resort to name calling and being obnoxious in
order to make yourselves look better. For the cat lovers who truly believe
in helping cats, head on over to the Cat Fancy board. You can find it at
http://www.catfancy.com/anforum/. There are plenty of cat lovers there who
don't resort to picking on others but instead would rather be friendly and
help cats and their humans.

There have been a few here on this newsgroup who have not sat in judgment of
others but have actually helped with useful information or other means.
Candace being one of them. Maybe you self obsorbed, rude and obnoxious
people could learn something from her. Lodi Girl has also been another who
has done plenty to help others and cats in her community as well just like
Candace has. The best thing of all they have not had to resort to name
calling or put-downs of others to drive their point home. Egos need to be
set aside for helping cats. You don't have to like a person on here but you
can at least be civil and help the cat or give actual useful advice. This
group used to be a nice place to come to get advice about cats but some here
have decided that if you don't agree with them totally then you are a rotten
person. What a shame.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Karen M." wrote in message
om...
itty (Sherry ) wrote in message

I never listen to Sherry. All she does is try to look high and mighty.

Then
if someone stands up to her then they are labled the bad guy. I would

think
she would be looking out for the best interest of the cat but I guess

she
must too be an advocate of smoking.

Does this mean I'm disqualified from the "Win A Date with Nohl Rosen"

contest
you advertised on rec.pets.cats.misc.

Sherry

Yes, and you're also disqualified from the "Win An Hour with Nohl
Rosen in a Smoke-Free Hotel Room" contest as well....

Old January 15th 04, 06:51 PM
Cat Protector

Obesity I have heard may also be hereditary. Smoking is not. I think kicking
the habit is usually the best route for all concerned.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
wrote in message

Bad example. Nobody died from second hand obesity unless their partner
rolled over in the bed :-)

I do agree that the smoking is not going to go away in the OP's
situation and minimizing the harm is the bets option.

-mhd

Old January 15th 04, 06:53 PM
Cat Protector

I already posted that information with a link to that .pdf file. As for
abortion, I am pro-choice but what does abortion have to do with the topic
at hand.?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tree Line" wrote in message
om...
"Cat Protector" wrote in message

If this were a human child who was to live a life of having to breathe
second hand smoke every day of their life would you still draw the same
conclusion? I saw the OP do nothing but make excuses for his mom even

when
someone suggested she smoke outside. I never said people quite overnight

but
still you either do or you don't. But with air purifiers, it is not

greatly
effective against constant cigarette smoke. I provide the facts on that

one
as well as the harm second hand smoke does to cats.

I'll bite. What exactly are your references that air purifiers don't work?

A specific reference? When I responded, contrary to your rather parochial
and ignorant response, looked up at least Consumer Reports which has had
extensive reviews of air purifiers and leads to follow.

Are you aware that HEPA is an actual government standard?

Are you aware in your dimness that HEPA is used in hospital operating

rooms?
Are you aware that they don't smoke in operating rooms?

I bet you are one of those abortion activists too?
Are you aware that over-population is the greatest threat to us,
bring poverty, crime, and ignorance?

Hmmm?