Attn: Catnipped

Old May 9th 05, 03:13 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Default Attn: Catnipped

Seems that either you or Othello should have studied this info:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/straycats.html
:-)

How are the girls taking their new brother?

Old May 9th 05, 03:24 AM
Catnipped

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
Seems that either you or Othello should have studied this info:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/straycats.html
:-)

How are the girls taking their new brother?

LOL!

The girls are not allowed to see him or get near him until he gets a clean
bill of health. He feels very warm to me, but his eyes look clear and he
has no coughing or wheezing, so maybe it's my imagination, but still I won't
take any chances with my babies!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 05, 03:36 AM
Jo Firey

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
Seems that either you or Othello should have studied this info:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/straycats.html
:-)

How are the girls taking their new brother?

LOL!

The girls are not allowed to see him or get near him until he gets a clean
bill of health. He feels very warm to me, but his eyes look clear and he
has no coughing or wheezing, so maybe it's my imagination, but still I
won't
take any chances with my babies!

Vet always looks at me funny when I claim I can tell if they have a fever
just by holding them. But I'm never wrong.

It may just be from stress from the fleas though. Its cheaper to have the
vet clear one than to treat four as well.

Hope he is healthy. Is he as coal black as the pictures? He will be so
gorgeous when he fills out.

Jo

Old May 9th 05, 03:37 AM
Catnipped

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Yep, jet black - with just a few white hairs on the inside of his ears and
nowhere else.

I wish I had one of those ear thermometers. I really do think he has a
fever. He was sitting in my chair and when I moved him and sat down I could
feel the heat on my butt!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 05, 09:44 AM
wafflycat

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
Seems that either you or Othello should have studied this info:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/straycats.html
:-)

How are the girls taking their new brother?

LOL!

The girls are not allowed to see him or get near him until he gets a clean
bill of health. He feels very warm to me, but his eyes look clear and he
has no coughing or wheezing, so maybe it's my imagination, but still I
won't
take any chances with my babies!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Francis was a stray kitten I took in. He too was covered in fleas. He also
had a serious infestation of ear mites (and no ear drums left as a result).
I'm not kidding when I say that after a liberal dousing of Frontline I
combed over 50 dead fleas off him :-( I went through the bit of getting in
contact with local police, vets & shelters, notifying that I'd found this
kitten if anyone reported their kitten missing. I was glad he wasn't claimed
as I was reluctant to be in a position of handing him over to someone who
had obviously cared so little for his welfare & health. He also purred
constantly when shown even a smidgen of affection :-)

Basically, the flea infestation had made him very weak and run down. The ear
mite infestation didn't help, but the fleas were literally draining him of
life :-( It took nearly a year of TLC to get him up to full-health &
fitness, but it was worth it. He turned into the sweetest-natured cat ever.

If you keep the kitten, great, but I do understand completely if you can't.
They are a long-term committment that requires money, not just love.

Cheers, helen s

Old May 9th 05, 12:20 PM
Gabey8

[[If you keep the kitten, great, but I do understand completely if you
can't.
They are a long-term committment that requires money, not just love.]]

Agreed on both counts. But at least we know that NOW the little guy has
found some people who'll make SURE he has a good home, be it with them or
with another family. He won't be left to fend for himself the way his
previous humans, whoever they were, might have done. (GRRRRRR on people
who dump pets.) Either way, this little cutie is in good shape. )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old May 9th 05, 12:25 PM
William Hamblen

On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:37:36 -0500, "Catnipped"
wrote:

I wish I had one of those ear thermometers. I really do think he has a
fever. He was sitting in my chair and when I moved him and sat down I could
feel the heat on my butt!

Do those things work on cats? I once tried an ear thermometer for
people on my Spotsie [0], just to see how it would do, and got a 98.1
F reading, which is obviously low for a cat. Cats hate things to be
put inside their ears almost as much as they hate things to be put
inside their other end.

[0] I didn't name her.
Old May 9th 05, 02:59 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:13:26 -0700, Seanette Blaylock
yodeled:

Seems that either you or Othello should have studied this info:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/straycats.html
:-)

I think Othello did!

Theresa
Old May 9th 05, 06:10 PM
Christine Burel

He looks soooo cute! So, many purrs for a good vet visit from TED!
Christine
"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

Old May 10th 05, 02:57 PM
Adrian

wrote:

I wish I had one of those ear thermometers. I really do think he
has a fever. He was sitting in my chair and when I moved him and
sat down I could feel the heat on my butt!

Do those things work on cats? I once tried an ear thermometer for
people on my Spotsie [0], just to see how it would do, and got a 98.1
F reading, which is obviously low for a cat. Cats hate things to be
put inside their ears almost as much as they hate things to be put
inside their other end.

[0] I didn't name her.

That's where my Baggy is lucky, he has the new type of microchip where
the vet can take his temperature by scanning him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.