Tony status update - not good

Old May 8th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Tony status update - not good

On Tue, 06 May 2008 05:36:14 -0700, Bridget wrote:

I am having Tony PTS in about two hours. He is hungry but won't eat. He
is unhappy and not drinking. The doctor said I could do SubQ fluids and
have him for longer, but that is not how I want him - I don't want him
to have one thing after another happen to him when I can let him have
peace. He has given me a lifetime of himself, I am not going to drag out
a few more days from him if I know it is at a sacrifice to him. IT is
his time to go. And I have to be selfless about this. But oh, it is so
hard.

I hurt so bad I am just sobbing. I wish I could grab him and hold him,
but he doesn't want to be held right now. Another sign he should be
allowed to go quietly.

I will post again later after everything is over.

Thanks for all your letters of support

I am sorry to hear this. I had to have one of my cats, Katie, put to
sleep back five years ago, after I found that she had an advanced case of
cancer. There are times that this is the best thing to do.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from