The more I see of people...

Old May 5th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

Default The more I see of people...,

"Daniel Mahoney"
Some stuff got out of my post. Not important anyway. It boiled down
to wit that people don't ask me to explain myself very much; LOL
i wonder why.
BTW *who* is this Sarah celeb who people can't stand to see with
animals...and why? Does she have anything to do with that bald dude
who eats bugs and disgusting fauna late at night. she seems to be
completely off hopitus' radar screen. I sense no loss.

She's a pop singer. Her music isn't too bad, but the commercial shows a
lot of photos of sad-looking animals, scared animals, and animals who
have been treated for injuries. Definitely too much for me to be able to
watch.

I agree, I can't watch it eitherm and Sarah has a beautiful voice,
but her music is too sad for me to listen to. Thanx for the link
Hug
Kyla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_McLaughlin

Old May 5th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

Yeah, it's a heartbreaking ad, for sure .
Hug
Kyla
"Stormmee"
I guess I feel fortunate that I don't know about this Sara commercial, and
honestly Pam, why waste a bullet? Lee
tanadashoes
bastXXXette

Has anyone else had an interaction like this, where someone judged
you because you can stand to see human suffering in fiction, but not
animal suffering? What did you say to the other person?

My idiot sister (actually half sister, which comforts me for some strange
reason) once told me that those who love animals don't love their

children.
She said that was because they spent all their attention on the animals

and
didn't have enough for children. I disagreed with her, even pointing out
that they had a cat and a dog at the time. She let me know that she

didn't
like the animals and had them there only because the kids needed to learn

take care of something and besides the cat was there to catch mice (which
idiot sister is terrified of). There are many reasons she is known as my
idiot sister.

I love watching crime TV, but can't handle NCIS or CSI where they show
autopsy and gratuitous gore scenes. I also have a problem with the Sarah
McLaughlin video with animals endangered. Some people need lead therapy.

Pam S.

Old May 6th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am a bit odd on this point, when I was a young child, third or fourth
grad, I saw someone get killed, and another person forever damaged, even now
in writing this I can hear the bones crunch and the gurgling breath... my
brother saw the same thing he was five and sees perfectly and was closer...
it made me realize time is short, it made me a bit hard on the exterior, but
inside if anyone is nice or kind it melts me... and frankly that is usually
an animal, Lee
wrote in message
Adrian wrote:

I don't mind violence against people when it's fiction but if it's

based on
a true story then I can't watch. Whether it's real or make believe I

cannot
stand *any* cruelty to animals.

That's pretty much how I feel. There are some exceptions. I can't
watch fictional depictions of an execution. If someone's about to be
executed, I have to either look away, or if I can, change the channel.
It just feels totally different to me from depictions of murder. Maybe
it's the cold, ritualistic aspect of execution that creeps me out.
shudder Also, I can't watch torture scenes. See? I'm almost
normal.

But for some reason, cruelty to animals *stays in my head*, for
years and years afterward. I've been known to get upset about a movie
I saw 15 years earlier.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Old May 6th 08, 10:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

The woman speaks the truth... I hate to shop, these two are on my very short
list of stores I will actually enter, when I go it is torture, because DH
likes to shop, I honestly always insist on a cigarette before we go in and
have been known to carry a sandwich or apple in with me because between the
two of them its like a day at Disney, without that hideous ride, Lee
Granby wrote in message
I could spend hours in big lots and, if whoever takes me there wants to,

we
usually do. I do a lot of craft things and that place is super for that
sort of thing. I could also spend hours in linens N Things too so it

isn't
the price, it is the "stuff".
"hopitus" wrote in message
On May 4, 3:19 pm, wrote:
Adrian wrote:

[...]

Heh.....no, you are totally normal, Joyce, if we all thought alike
we'd be
robots like the Cybers on BattleStar Galactica. I am normal, too,just
not like you.
Here's an example of what I mean...just came back from Big Lots near
downtown MileHigh, one of my fave browsing bargain spots near where
one of my relatives lives. While sitting in my truck carefully
extracting
a card from my wallet inside a cloth shopping bag, I noticed an older
man eyeing the new arrival vehicles near me...saw him run over and
wave something in face of a woman to my right getting out of her SUV
who sidestepped him and rushed into the store. I thought, 'Ooookaaay,
here we go, then." Slamming open my driver door and almost knocking
the dude over, I hopped out (yes, hopitus hops!) with a big golf
umbrella
in my right (concealed by the door) hand only to be confronted by his
startled but determined pitch for $. I waved the 'brella and said
something'
unrepeatable here and stomped into store. I stood just inside the
glass
door where he could see me to see if he was going to make for my
truck.
He didn't. Instead he had some little blond cowering inside her car's
open window in less than a minute, LOL.Britney is not the only one who
knows how to handle an umbrella. The law does not prohibit carrying
unregistered concealed umbrellas in your vehicle. I hardly ever post
anything here that I "hate' except the weather here, but bums hitting
on
me for $ is a big one, and that 'hood is notorious for them. I

Old May 6th 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

thing is I like them all, I haven't met much music I don't like and BTW if
you ever get a chance to see him go, well worth the money... it was about
six hours of good stuff, Lee
hopitus wrote in message
On May 4, 11:16 am, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Some stuff got out of my post. Not important anyway. It boiled down
to wit that people don't ask me to explain myself very much; LOL
i wonder why.
BTW *who* is this Sarah celeb who people can't stand to see with
animals...and why? Does she have anything to do with that bald dude
who eats bugs and disgusting fauna late at night. she seems to be
completely off hopitus' radar screen. I sense no loss.

She's a pop singer. Her music isn't too bad, but the commercial shows a
lot of photos of sad-looking animals, scared animals, and animals who
have been treated for injuries. Definitely too much for me to be able to
watch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_McLaughlin

Well, thank you, Pam, Dan, you've explained it all. They don't show
that
commercial on the stations that show CSI, all I see is lonely
beautiful
(oxymoron) girls urging you to call some phone scam and meet your
one and only by doing that - ROFL - or a wimpylooking male pushing
'male enhancement" pills they'll send you for free. Another ROFL.
I still sense no loss, to each his/her own taste in music. And if you
don't care for Eminem and Shakira.....okay by me.

Old May 7th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Granby wrote:
Ummm, yeah, you are right. I think the only store you even half way like is
Sams Club!

I top you all-I've been to Lakeside Thurrock...once...never again

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 7th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Stormmee wrote:
thing is I like them all, I haven't met much music I don't like and BTW if
you ever get a chance to see him go, well worth the money... it was about
six hours of good stuff, Lee

Well, thank you, Pam, Dan, you've explained it all. They don't show
that
commercial on the stations that show CSI, all I see is lonely
beautiful
(oxymoron) girls urging you to call some phone scam and meet your
one and only by doing that - ROFL - or a wimpylooking male pushing
'male enhancement" pills they'll send you for free. Another ROFL.
I still sense no loss, to each his/her own taste in music. And if you
don't care for Eminem and Shakira.....okay by me.

So far as I'm concerned, ANYONE may listen to ANY music they like - just
so they keep the volume low enough so I don't have to hear it, too! ;-)