Foster Kitty Needs Purrs

Old April 17th 04, 01:46 AM
JoJo

Default Foster Kitty Needs Purrs

Hi gang. I've had a rough week. First off on Tuesday my father passed out
on the floor. I'm thinking he had a heart attack, immediately call 911.
Long story short - one heart med he was on caused him to have heart palps so
he took three nitro tablets - that mixed w/the heart meds caused his blood
pressure to drop, which is why he passed out. Thankfully he came home
Wednesday, clean bill of health and off heart meds).

Wednesday afternoon, one of my dogs bit one of my foster kittens. This is
the FIRST time she has ever done anything like this. I think the kitten
snuck up on her and startled her, she immediately turned around and snapped,
getting a mouthful of kitten.

I noticed the kitten's face was bloody, called the shelter, called my vet,
and immediately flew off to the vet (luck would have it I get stuck behind
some idiot doing 25 in 45 zone and stopping at a GREEN light. I made it to
the vet unscathed (although I do admit once I lost the slow idiot I was
doing 65 in 45 zone). Kitten has fractrued jaw and vet says is blind in
right eye. (vet does not think he will regain sight in that eye).

I brought him home today, vet feels jaw will heal well without surgery. You
can tell the little guy isn't up to snuff, although he is eating well (soft
diet only), just not as energetic. I feel absolutely awful that this
happened (obviously if I would have thought something like this would happen
I would have kept kittens and dogs seperate). I was beside myself on
Wednesday - combination of dad and kitten just really got to me. I was
hyperventillating on the way home from the vet I was so upset.

But kitten needs lots of purrs and prayers please so he heals well and can
move on to a good home after this ordeal. I think I need your purrs too - I
feel guilty as hell over this. (Dog is still in residence - shelter said it
was an accident don't go doing something stupid like getting rid of dog,
especially if she's never done before (she's 8 years old).

Thanks and purrs to all!

--
JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Old April 17th 04, 02:06 AM
lrulan

We will purr and pray and light candles that the little one is none the
worse for wear. Accidents do happen, and I'm sure the d*g didn't mean it to
happen the way it did. We hope the kitty heals soon. Hugs all around.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old April 17th 04, 02:16 AM
JP Hobbs

JoJo I'm so so sorry for you and the kitten,lots of Purrs for you both
Glad to hear your dad is fine now that would have given you a real scare.
Hope things improve from here on in

Old April 17th 04, 02:34 AM
Cheryl

"JoJo" dumped this in
on 16 Apr 2004:

But kitten needs lots of purrs and prayers please so he heals well and
can move on to a good home after this ordeal. I think I need your
purrs too - I feel guilty as hell over this. (Dog is still in
residence - shelter said it was an accident don't go doing something
stupid like getting rid of dog, especially if she's never done before
(she's 8 years old).

Purrs being sent to all. I hope your Dad and kitten will be ok. You too!

--
Cheryl

Old April 17th 04, 02:39 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , JoJo at
wrote on 4/16/04 7:46 PM:

[...]

Awww. Purrs to the kitty and you. How old is the kitty? We had a cat growing
up who was quite small (under all the hair. Never weighed more than six
lbs.) and was queen of everyone, dogs and cats. One day though, there was a
food mix up or something, and our dog, Babe who was THE gentlest soul of all
and had actually helped mother this cats kittens, did the same thing, turned
and snapped. I know it was just meant to be a snap, but unfortunately, she
got cat ballou and broke her jaw. It was truly the only bad tempered thing
she EVER did. It was truly not intended. Cat Ballou healed fine and they
continued fine ever after. I hope that your story can turn out as well. I
really feel for you with this all happening together. Keep us posted.

Karen

Old April 17th 04, 02:50 AM
JoJo

First - thank you ALL for the purrs!

Karen, kitten is about 6-7 weeks. Poor little guy, first day venturing the
big downstairs and look what happens. And like you - food was involved.
Dad was eating lunch, had an audience. Angel normally growls if anyone gets
too close, but that's it. I think she was so intent on watching dad, and
kitten didn't know any better, end of story.

I am happy cat ballou did well for you and forgave the dog! I'm hoping
Yertle (that's what I'm naming him - remember Dr. Suess post?) will not be
traumatized by dogs for life. Keeping him away from them at moment, until
he's a little less fearful (shakes a lot when scared).

Again, thank you all for purrs, prayers, candles and kind words!

JoJo