Am I completety mad (OT)

Old April 29th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Am I completety mad (OT)

A while back when I was looking at a website for something else I saw
they had a vancancy that looked intresting so I applied....

Had the interview this morning...it went so well I was pretty sure I
had it, they called back less than 2 hours later and offered me the
job!

I accepted..even though I had decided not to.....

See it's the same money, a bit nearer home but it won't have any PA
stuff in it..it's back to being a typing skivy on the whole,the
avoidance of which is why I am looking for a new job....It is a
sideways move..okay into an area I am more interested in but how long
will I be interested when I have been a battery typist for a few
months? and the intial speciality isn't what I want to do althought
there will be options to take other stuff (If I do well I could
achieve my lifelong ambition of doing all the PM's!!!!)

But after I said it wouldn't be the right move even told the guy I
wasn't sure I ended up saying okay yes I'll take it! He uttered
flattering words like how out if 7 candidates I was head and shoulders
above the rest, I mean they asked all of them what AMSPAR stood for
and they all has AMSPAR but I was the only onre who knew what it stood
for and they were so nice we ended the interview having a friendly
chat about things unrelated to work and

The killer....one of them showed me pictures of herr owners and I
showed her pictures of mine...which meant half way through the typing
test Bev called me ;cos I put my phone back on

I am now waitimg to see the money on hand and not dure if I have done
the right thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fablous Furballs
Old April 29th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I am now waitimg to see the money on hand and not dure if I have done
the right thing

Lesley

Slave of the Fablous Furballs

Sometimes the things we do with little to no premeditation turn out to be
the best moves we make! The fact that one of the interviewers was
carrying photos of her feline owners is a very auspicious sign.

We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed that this turns out to be one of
the good ones.

Dan
Old April 29th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

It sounds as though it could be a good move, with lots of potential. Also,
if you'll be working with cat people, that is a definite plus, right?
Closer to home is good, too.

I hope you retain your interest long enough for it to work into something
even more interesting.

Joy

Old April 29th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Lesley, we will purr and pray that everything turns
out great all around. Remember, when God closes
a door, He always opens a window.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 29th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Maybe it is an age thing but A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Maybes are nice but don't put food in the cat dish. Maybe this is where you
need to start you climb again.

Old April 29th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
[...]

Of course you're completely mad, that's why we love you. Purrs that the new
job works out for you, I've got a feeling it will. If it's nearer home then
it's less travelling time, more time to spend with the fabulous furballs,
and Dave, :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 29th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

With gas prices the way they are today, it's probably going to save you
quite a bit by being nearer your job.

Congratulations, and we're sending purrs that the new job works out well.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 30th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Lesley" wrote in message
A while back when I was looking at a website for something else I saw
they had a vancancy that looked intresting so I applied....

Had the interview this morning...it went so well I was pretty sure I
had it, they called back less than 2 hours later and offered me the
job!

I accepted..even though I had decided not to.....

Won't play the "yes but" game. Just as long as they'll let Wamsee 2 be part
of your office, I'd take the job. Shorter commuting time, same pay, not
having to work with "that woman" and something you're interested in. Yeah,
I'd take it.

Pam S.

Old April 30th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

tanadashoes wrote:
Just as long as they'll let Wamsee 2 be part
of your office, I'd take the job.

I won't have an office so I won't have anywhere to put Wamsee 2

Shorter commuting time,

Only 10 minutes or so

same pay,
Big considerations but it might be a cut in pay- if it is then I can't take
it. It depends how they band me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs