I Shan't Eat It

Old May 7th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default I Shan't Eat It

Kumani's Princess Particular routine is getting out of hand.

This morning Dylan opened a can of salmon food and a can of chicken
food.

Kumani wandered around crying, making sad noises because she got
salmon and that's not good enough. She will only eat Grilled Chicken
(marinated or pate are not acceptable).

Dylan quickly swapped it from chicken.

Then she went out in the hall, crying and circling.

Dylan moved the bowl out into the hall.

Then she ate it.

"I want chicken, or I shan't eat it."
"I want it in the low bowl, or I shan't eat it."
"I want it in the hall, or I shan't eat it."

"Do it, or I shan't eat anything at all!"

And we do it. Because she HAS starved herself. And she cries
pathetically, like we're monstrous beasts who are neglecting a poor,
starving little kitten, just because SHE is so much of a princess that
she'd rather starve herself than eat something that isn't precisely
how she likes it!

Adding insult to injury, about 10 minutes later she threw up a
hairball--and soft food--all over the bedroom floor.

--Fil
who buys a 12-can case of Fancy Feast, 4 of which are Grilled Chicken,
plus 4 individual cans of Grilled Chicken to ensure enough for our
little Princess!

Old May 8th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Enfilade"
[...]

Mosey is like that, but he has a funny tummy and can't eat fishy cat food,
and only likes certain kinds of beefy canned food. He throws his dry food
up tho.
PUUUUUUURS
Kyla

Old May 8th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Enfilade wrote:
Kumani's Princess Particular routine is getting out of hand.

With my own Princess Particular here, my sympathies are on your side.
Miranda has to have fresh meat, on a plate, not in a bowl, and she only
eats a small bite of food at a time. Then she goes away and I have to
move her food out of Caliban's reach, until Her Highness is ready for
her next nibble.

Old May 8th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
"Enfilade"
[...]

Wierd. Mistletoe can't get enough of the dry food and it stays down.
Give her moist (don't remember the brand but it's good stuff - got it at
the vet's) and it comes back up the wrong way.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old May 8th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Enfilade" wrote in message
[...]

Been there, done that! In the mornings Sammy will follow me upstairs and
watch while I prepare the cats' food. As soon as I've put the food down she
runs downstairs and I have to follow her, pick up her heavy @$$ and *carry*
her back upstairs to set her down in front of her food bowls before she will
deign to eat. Our furry masters have us all well trained, don't they?! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 8th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Marina" wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:
Kumani's Princess Particular routine is getting out of hand.

With my own Princess Particular here, my sympathies are on your side.
Miranda has to have fresh meat, on a plate, not in a bowl, and she only
eats a small bite of food at a time. Then she goes away and I have to
move her food out of Caliban's reach, until Her Highness is ready for her
next nibble.

Guess I should skip the descriptions of how much easier it is to feed a
dog?

LOL.

Jo

Old May 8th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Is it like Tyche, who is on the "se(a/e)food diet?" ie, "see food,
eat it?"

--Fil

Old May 8th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Enfilade" wrote in message
Is it like Tyche, who is on the "se(a/e)food diet?" ie, "see food,
eat it?"

Oh yes, and food isn't necessarily a requirement.

Also if she thinks we may be too busy, she is more than happy to attempt to
forage for herself. Bread it seems tastes better by the loaf, butter by
the stick and bacon by the pound.

Jo

--Fil

Old May 8th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:
Kumani's Princess Particular routine is getting out of hand.

With my own Princess Particular here, my sympathies are on your side.
Miranda has to have fresh meat, on a plate, not in a bowl, and she only
eats a small bite of food at a time. Then she goes away and I have to
move her food out of Caliban's reach, until Her Highness is ready for her
next nibble.

Guess I should skip the descriptions of how much easier it is to feed a
dog?

LOL.

No, that's alright. Caliban is like a d*g in that department. :P

Old May 8th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Jo Firey wrote:

Enfilade wrote:

Kumani's Princess Particular routine is getting out of hand.
With my own Princess Particular here, my sympathies are on your side.
Miranda has to have fresh meat, on a plate, not in a bowl, and she only
eats a small bite of food at a time. Then she goes away and I have to
move her food out of Caliban's reach, until Her Highness is ready for her
next nibble.

Guess I should skip the descriptions of how much easier it is to feed a
dog?

No, that's alright. Caliban is like a d*g in that department. :P

Besides, it's not like Jo doesn't have to deal with cats, too.

And some people say they like cats because cats are "easier". That
would probably be someone who has never had to pill a cat, or remove
fur mats, or take the kitty to the vet.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^