I have a 2 year old beautiful cat name Nature-boy

Old January 4th 04, 12:42 PM
Fr0m My Petz and I

Default I have a 2 year old beautiful cat name Nature-boy

He's one of my 5 cats.He's beautiful with long blondish hair. He
constantly cleans himself especially in one spot where now his raw skin
is showing.He does not have fleas & he's happy as a lark.Could someone
here give me some advice or at least help me understand why he does
that? He's constantly cleaning that one spot so that there's no hair and
his raw pinkish red skin is showing

Old January 5th 04, 01:04 AM
Fr0m My Petz and I

I am.Tomorrow. Just left a message on the vets answering machine & said
what was going on & asked if my cat could be seen by him tomorrow & if
they could bill me. I have good credit there so I'm pretty sure it'll be
alright.Got a feeling it might be a hot spot like my dog Kathrin had.
I'll find out for sure tomorrow

Old January 5th 04, 06:48 PM
Fr0m My Petz and I

Just got back from the vets & he has no fleas but has ear mites & he's
allergic to both.Make a long story short.The vet put medicine in his
ears,gave him a shot for pain & showed me what the ear mites in
Nature-boy's ears look like.I thought it was the black stuff but it's
not, They're white crabs crawling inside him. So far I owe $98.77 & I
have to take him back in 2 weeks

Old January 6th 04, 11:48 PM
GL1103

It sounds like Mr Happy cat may be suffering from a skin allergy or possibly
psoriasis. I have to bring my 16 y/o female in 2x/yr for a "Depo" shot to
keep her from chewing one little spot raw......
Let me know how you make out.

Lesgin
"Fr0m My Petz and I" wrote in
message ...

Old January 7th 04, 03:12 AM
Cat Protector

Is your cat stressed for some reason? Grooming themselves way above normal
could be a sign of this.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Fr0m My Petz and I" wrote in
message ...

Old January 7th 04, 03:19 PM
Fr0m My Petz and I

Old January 7th 04, 03:22 PM
Fr0m My Petz and I

one of the meds was Depo-Medrol though.

Old January 7th 04, 03:25 PM
Fr0m My Petz and I

No he had ear mites & I found out he's allergic to ear mites
,fleas.Fleas he didn't have though.