Lorelei update, Nov 14, 2010

Old November 16th 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

Default Lorelei update, Nov 14, 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 02:45:53 GMT,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)'s nimble,
little paws typed:

When I got up, I gave her some canned food, and after she ate it, she
went back into my bedroom.

I got her out in the hallway, and I shut my bedroom door.

A little while later, I looked for her, and found her in the basement
again.

This sounds like good progress, especially that
she slept with you!

Why don't you leave your bedroom open to her?
Despite having the entire apartment open to her,
Anaïs spends the entire day on my bed, only coming
out when it gets dark!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

11/15/2010 7:19:26 PM
Old November 16th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:49:50 -0800 (PST), Will in New Haven
wrote:

On Nov 14, 11:08*pm, John Ross Mc Master
wrote:
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 02:45:53 GMT, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com

(Gandalf) wrote:
Not a *real lot of change in the past two days.

She did sleep with me last night, on a pillow right next to me.

I rolled over sometime during the night, and my face was right near her.

I woke up with Lorelei licking my nose.

I just rolled onto my back, and went back to sleep.

I think Lorelei must know not to disturb sleeping humans, because that
was the only time she woke me up.

When I got up, I gave her some canned food, and after she ate it, she
went back into my bedroom.

I got her out in the hallway, and I shut my bedroom door.

A little while later, I looked for her, and found her in the basement
again.

So I went out to my garage and found a piece of wood to block off the
basement. There is still a litter box in the bathroom, which she has
never used.

She's been lying on the floor of the dining room all day.

At one point she was meowing to me, and I ALMOST *managed to coax her
into the living room. When I reached out to pet her, she retreated back
into the dining room.

I don't know why she seems scared to come into the living room; it's
where I spend the most time, using my computer, and sometimes watching
TV.

When I got her her canned cat food, the can was almost empty, so I put
some sardine on the plate.

She didn't eat any sardine at first, but she came back just a little
later, and ate all of it.

I think she likes Fancy Feast better; the can was Salmon Feast in Gravy.

It smelled good to me, unlike most canned cat food, although it smelled
like tuna to me.

When I pet her, or give ear scritches to Lorelei, she tends to roll over
on her back now.

She likes to have her tummy rubbed

First, happy about the progress! She'll come around when she knows
she's safe.

second. Doubleclick if it's a thumbnail.

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnmcma...21730247544338

I live in a very old house and there is no way I can shut a door to
the basement. There is no door.

I still have to keep Beauty upstairs. This is an old sheet of cheap
greenhouse Lexan. Weighs a couple of ounces, ten at the most, *but
it's strong enough to hold up kitties.

Cheap, strong, easy to cut, better than wood because it's really
light.

Would this work for you?

John

i will git revench on the sekretari! da nerf of lokking me awai from
haff my house!
beauty, irate

Dere mite be FUDZ down dere. It iz furry likely dat a hoomin will do
sumfing wike diss.

Wiff awl sympafee

There's no food in the basement: it's in the kitchen.
Old November 16th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

(Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

Not eben fuz dat iz still alive?

Rebecca

Old November 16th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

:

[...]

There is a litter box in the basement; she has been using that one.

I put one in the bathroom too, just in case she was afraid to use the
one in the basement, but after she had been here for two days, IIRC,
she started using the litter box in the basement.

I don't understand why she seems to like the basement: it's COLD down
there. It's not a finished basement, and there isn't any heat down
there, either.

But, these is often no figuring out the quirks of cats, is there?

Sonny loves to sleep on a cushion in the cool basement for hours, yet
he's a sun worshiper too and loves those hot muggy summer days outside.

Bobble

It's winter where I am, and there's 4 inches of snow on the ground.

It's cold in my basement
Old November 16th 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

(Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

In the summer, there are bugs, but it's too cold in the winter for them
to survive in the basement.

When it's really cold out, it's only a little above freezing in the
basement.

I used to store food down there in the winter, if my refrigerator was
full.
Old November 16th 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

(Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

She hazz furz and is strong! Has you giffen her nip yet?
Cinder who loves nip