Another twisty cat breeder?

Old January 4th 04, 01:58 PM
Twisty Whiskers

Default Another twisty cat breeder?

This website claims to be breeding real cabbits, but seems to be breeding
for deformity. http://www.cabbits.8m.com/ Never mind the genetic
impossibility of cross-breeding cats and rabbits, it sounds like another
twisty cat breeder only the back legs are affected instead of the fronts.
The site claims the hybrid offspring "Walks as if it were drunk. It
stumbles and/or wobbles" - spinal/neurological defects? Either it's a sick
bonsai kitten type thing or someone is breeding some very sad cats

Old January 4th 04, 07:52 PM
Kalyahna

"Twisty Whiskers" wrote in message
This website claims to be breeding real cabbits, but seems to be breeding
for deformity. http://www.cabbits.8m.com/ Never mind the genetic
impossibility of cross-breeding cats and rabbits, it sounds like another
twisty cat breeder only the back legs are affected instead of the fronts.
The site claims the hybrid offspring "Walks as if it were drunk. It
stumbles and/or wobbles" - spinal/neurological defects? Either it's a

sick
bonsai kitten type thing or someone is breeding some very sad cats

If it seems like a cruelty issue and the proper authorities are informed,
they're under obligation to look into it. That's how the bonsai kittens
thing was proved to be a hoax.

Old January 4th 04, 08:08 PM
Fr0m My Petz and I

Hope this helps out.
http://www.messybeast.com/cabbit.htm

Old January 6th 04, 08:33 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:44:56 +0000, Diane L. Schirf wrote:

You mean someone took THAT seriously? It screamed hoax. And not even a
well-executed one!

You can fool some of the people....

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old January 6th 04, 11:49 PM
GL1103

That is just wrong on so many levels....sad that there are people out there
like that....
It is too upsetting to even go to the website/

Old January 8th 04, 08:46 AM
Janet Stout

That Bosnia kitty site I saw was pretty good but I just couldn't believe it.
It seemed impossible but they really did a good job with those fake photos.
That is why people really bought it. Those damn pictures. But I knew it just
couldn't be. I laughed my ass off because people were sending it to me
really believing it with information to contact authorities. I immediately
checked it out on a website to see if it could possibly be true, and I found
out. What gets me is people accept impossible claims as fact without any
evidence. It just makes me loose it everytime.

" for deformity. http://www.cabbits.8m.com/ Never mind the

Old January 8th 04, 08:46 PM
Janet Stout

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .
in article ,
"Bosnia kitty"??

Karen

Oh I see I mispelled it as Bosnia kitty, sorry my bad. It was called Bonsi
kitty. Forgive me and please ask all the Bosnian kitties to forgive me too.

Old January 8th 04, 11:02 PM
Karen

"Janet Stout" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .
in article ,
"Bosnia kitty"??

Karen

Oh I see I mispelled it as Bosnia kitty, sorry my bad. It was called Bonsi
kitty. Forgive me and please ask all the Bosnian kitties to forgive me

too.

I was just wondering if they were refugee kitties

Karen

Old January 9th 04, 08:29 AM
Raul & Mini

I recently saw a segment on animal planet on the cabbit. and tehy said
that the
possible explanation is for the cat to be born with and extra bone in
its hind legs.
As far as I can tell they did have video of two of these so called Cabbits.
No alteration seems to be done.

Janet Stout wrote:
.. .