patch of fur missing

Old October 13th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Default patch of fur missing

"naked on the phone" wrote in message
ups.com...

meeee wrote:

Yep. pawpaw. And you may have solved the problem!!This little guy likes
spend time under my fridge, it's an older style one, but must be warm,
and
as it's a very 'square' looking patch, he might be putting his bum up
against a pipe or something. Thanks for that!! I'm off to block off the
fridge!

dang, i must have hit the send button 3 times or something, I didn't
mean to do that

lol and there i was getting all excited thinking people had replied to me!

i figure pawpaw is some sort of disenfectant, we don't have "pawpaw"
here in the US
.. we might! just never heard of it.

Sorry, being obscure again. Pawpaw cream is made of smooshed up pawpaw in
some kind of cream-type-stuff (how descriptive, i know) and works to pull
splinters, draw boils, heal, and prevent infection.

we use bisquick and coke-cola to cure most things
and windex

Lol seen 'The Castle'?? sorry, aussie film....

yeah, the dirt is what makes me think it had to do with a heat source
if it was a fungus or something, he'd prolly be licking it and it
wouldn't be dirty at least

hope that's all it was, guess we'll find out

Yeah, that's why it sounds plausible. The 'stud tail' hypothesis sounds
similar too, so I'll treat for both and see how we go. Thanks, advice much
appreciated!

Old October 13th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Hamblen

On 12 Oct 2006 19:33:11 -0700, "naked on the phone"
wrote:

i figure pawpaw is some sort of disenfectant, we don't have "pawpaw"
here in the US
.. we might! just never heard of it.

Pawpaws are native to America.

Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

Come on, boys [or girls, or kids], let's go find her,
Come on, boys, let's go find her,
Come on, boys, let's go find her,
Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

Bud
--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.

Old October 13th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Thankyou!! That looks like it...very similar and it's in exactly the right
spot...the patch is very defined, and in that specific area. If so, then the
ti-tree in a bath would help, as ti tree is used in human acne treatment. He
is also a variant (long/short hair cross). Thanks heaps, now I have two
things to try!!

STOP! Do NOT do this! Tea tree oil is TOXIC to cats! Read this:

http://www.tea-tree-oil-use.com/pets.htm

Old October 13th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

"Rene S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Thankyou!! That looks like it...very similar and it's in exactly the
right
spot...the patch is very defined, and in that specific area. If so, then
the
ti-tree in a bath would help, as ti tree is used in human acne treatment.
He
is also a variant (long/short hair cross). Thanks heaps, now I have two
things to try!!

STOP! Do NOT do this! Tea tree oil is TOXIC to cats! Read this:

http://www.tea-tree-oil-use.com/pets.htm

Whoa!!! Lucky I am a procrastinator!! I was going to whack a few drops in
the bathwater!! Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

Old October 14th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"meeee" wrote

Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
to forget we are talking about a different species here.

I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.

Old October 14th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"cybercat" wrote in message

"meeee" wrote

Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
to forget we are talking about a different species here.

I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.

YES IT IS

Old October 14th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

"cybercat" wrote in message

"meeee" wrote

Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
to forget we are talking about a different species here.

I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.

Yes, silly me. Lucky I put it off til the weekend. Normally I check, but as
I use a few drops of ti tree in warm water as an antiseptic for dogs (I have
a lovely, but very accident prone staffy) I just didn't think...and I'm so
glad someone pulled me up!

Old October 14th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

"Matthew" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"meeee" wrote

Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
to forget we are talking about a different species here.

I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.

YES IT IS

And even I am not silly enough to give my cat aspirin or any other human
medication, or any medication I hadn't been told by a vet to give them...

Old October 14th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
naked on the phone

William Hamblen wrote:

Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

you actually made me blush

you must have grandchildren