Purrs for Vernon please - hit & run

Old September 20th 04, 10:12 PM
Debra Berry

Oh no! Purrs and healing thoughts for Vernon. I'm glad he wasn't
seriously injured. Bad enough that horrible person hit him, but
not to even stop is unforgivable.

Debbie

Vernon was a victim of a hit & run this morning. Thankfully his injuries are
minor, but nevertheless, it was a far from enjoyable experience for him & for
me. I am very pleased that I am not in the position of collecting the insurance
monies.

Vernon & I went for a cycle over the Castle Acre this morning. On the final
hill up into the village (Newton Road), there is always a line of parked cars
on the right-hand side, so cycling up the hill we had right of way. Vernon was
at the top of the hill & I was at the bottom, so didn't see the actual impact.
The driver can thank his lucky stars for that, because if I had, by now I'd be
in jail for wrecking his car and for assaulting the driver.

Basically Vernon was cycling up the hill. He had right of way. He was almost to
the top when **** in a Mondeo comes down the hill and rather than wait for
Vernon to finish the short distance, tw*t in a Mondeo crosses to the side of
the road Vernon is on, without slowing, and side-swipes Vernon with his wing
mirror. Vernon fell off. The frightening this is, to me, Vernon said he'd made
eye-contact with the driver - who was smiling as he came on to hit Vernon.
Sadly Vernon didn't get the registration number - neither did I as I was
oblivious to this happening as I was at the bottom of the hill at the time.

Vernon's helmet is dented - his glasses grazed (Thanks Simon Mason - the safety
glasses scratched but didn't shatter, so Vernon's eyes are okay) - he has a cut
on his cheekbone which is bruising. He has a bruised & cut left knee; his right
hand his cut and he is sort of aching and bruised. Walking wounded - it could
have been a lot worse.

The driver did not stop. Tw*t. B*st*rd. Sh*t. I hope he rots in hell.

Anyhow. Guy whose house it happened outside of came out to see if Vernon was
okay - alas he didn't get the reg of the car either. Which was when I got to
the scene. The sight of one's husband picking himself up from the kerb and
*knowing* all is not well is not one I wish to see again.

Called the police. As Vernon was injured, plod attended. It took plod nearly an
hour to attend though. I'm not impressed by that. One thing plod said that I
find quite horrific, and it was a throwaway line of plod's, "Oh I get several
of these a week now." *What???* Several hit & runs a week?!?!?!?!!! I find that
appalling. If I hear one more pathetic rant from uk.tosspot about hard-done by
drivers, I shall not be responsible for my actions.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old September 20th 04, 11:41 PM
dgabriel

Marina wrote in message ...

Vernon was a victim of a hit & run this morning. Thankfully his injuries are
minor, but nevertheless, it was a far from enjoyable experience for him & for
me.

Oh, Helen, how terrible for you both! Lots of purrs are coming your way
to help heal Vernon's bruising and your frazzled nerves. Litterbox
offerings and sggy regurgitated grass to the scum-of-the-earth who did it.

Amen to what Marina said.

Harmony adds her best chirpy-purrs to the chorus for you and Vernon to
feel better. She can also add some hurked-up hairballs and stinky
semi-digested canned cat food, and the frostiest cat-glare in all of
felinity to the offerings to that idiot driver, too.

Old September 20th 04, 11:45 PM
dgabriel

Seanette Blaylock wrote in message . ..

Felix will chime in with that, along with some nice juicy hairballs.
Ava would like to contribute dove bombs.

LOL -- we have a lot of little sparrows and starlings that roost in
the trees near my house (and in our awnings when the leaves fall and
the trees are bare). I'm sure we can volunteer their services to leave
lots of birdy offerings all over his car, and on HIM when he gets out
of the car. It's the least they can do in return for our keeping the
bird feeder well-stocked, right? ;o)

Donna (who forgot to sign my previous post) and Harmony

Old September 21st 04, 04:08 AM
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

I try to give bicycles and motorcycles a lot of space. I stay about
twice as far behind a motorcycle as I do a car.

That's because you use your common sense. I wish more people did. I'm
always more careful around motorcycles and bikes, because they can react
much faster than I can. I wish more riders were more careful. I see
them weaving in and out of traffic all the time. They just seem to
assume everyone can see them without problems and will re-act accordingly.

Pam S.