Medical OT

Old January 16th 12, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Medical OT

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

Tweed, that might be the main reason you got to jump the queue - you
have
a history of cancer, which automatically puts you into a different
catetory
from someone who doesn't.

That's almost certainly it- every department in the NHS (not just A&E)
pratice triage where they work out which patients need to be seen
first and which can wait a little longer and which can wait a lot
longer. Given your history and your other current health problems
you're going to get seen sooner than someone else

I know, but I get annoyed on the group. I don't think it's because I
have
a brain tumour though ;-)
I think it's because I have to say something that others might not
agree
with and I don't care!
Tweed

Tweed quick question are you on new meds have you checked the side
effects to see if they might be the culprit for your irritability as
you
are calling it

No new meds, just a bad girl, Matt ;-)

How about "just an over-stressed girl"?

Yes, that is probably the reason. I'm really sorry to be so objectionable
atm. Every single thing gets on my nerves, I have no pain relief at all now
and that doesn't help.
Plus the worry of "do I have a brain tumour or not?"
Even so, I was pretty horrible.
I get my CAT scan Thursday and my MRI brain scan on Feb 8. I won't get the
results for some time.
Tweed

Old January 16th 12, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

[...]

??????? the tech should tell you if they see something. every time I get
one done which is every 6 months due to the migraines the tech shows me
everything going on but tells me if they do see something that the doctor
has to talk to me about it which thankfully was a image ghost when they did
the second it was not there

Old January 16th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

to vent.

Take a leaf out of my DH's book and don't watch anything medical, fiction
or fact. (that includes the news, they love to scare people.)

UK.

I can't do much more than watch TV atm as I cannot walk much, but I just
love medical programmes, my mother did and I probably got to like them from
her. She was in charge of the TV.
I can drive to the supermarket, driving is easier than walking for me right
now, but when I get there I have to get an electric cart to go round it.
It's surprising the difference in people's attitude to this.
Some people think you are a perfect nuisance and stand in your way so you
cannot get your cart around them, others move so you can get by, but my
favourite was a man, member of the public, never seen him before, 2 weeks
ago who said "tell me what you want in the whole supermarket and I will get
it for you."
Now, he has some seriously good karma there ;-)

Tweed

Old January 16th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

[...]

They are not allowed to, it goes back to the consultant who will tell me
about it in due course. Whenever it suits, and I wonder why I am freaking
out because I know I won't know for ages whether I have a brain tumour or
not? and becoming nasty on the group is the symptom of my distress.
Tweed

Old January 16th 12, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

[...]

OUCH tweed we have you in our thoughts and prayers. A good friend of
mine just got told he has testicular cancer the doctor acted like it was a
death sentence for him explaining nothing just said it like he was ordering
a pizza.
I told him find another doctor today. He did and this doctor said you aint
dying yet don't act like it good words to remember ;-)

Old January 16th 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 16, 1:33*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
, but my
favourite was a man, member of the public, never seen him before, 2 weeks
ago who said "tell me what you want in the whole supermarket and I will get
it for you."
Now, he has some seriously good karma there ;-)

What a nice man- restores my faith in Human nature when I hear about
people like this guy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 16th 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

They are not allowed to, it goes back to the consultant who will tell me
about it in due course. Whenever it suits, and I wonder why I am freaking
out because I know I won't know for ages whether I have a brain tumour or
not? and becoming nasty on the group is the symptom of my distress.

June has been wonderful about taking care of things for you when you've
been hospitalized. Is she also someone you can talk to? Even if you don't
want to talk about the stuff you're worried about, just chatting in a
friendly way might help to distract you for a while. It's very hard to be
alone when things like this are happening.

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster
Old January 16th 12, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I can drive to the supermarket, driving is easier than walking for me right
now, but when I get there I have to get an electric cart to go round it.
It's surprising the difference in people's attitude to this.
Some people think you are a perfect nuisance and stand in your way so you
cannot get your cart around them, others move so you can get by, but my
favourite was a man, member of the public, never seen him before, 2 weeks
ago who said "tell me what you want in the whole supermarket and I will get
it for you."
Now, he has some seriously good karma there ;-)

Wow. Nice guy! You don't meet many like that.

Old January 16th 12, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

[...]

May he recover. I was told I would not, and got my grave arranged. I did
get better but how long for I don't know.
Six years now, about time for something else in the cancer dept to kick in.
Tweed

Old January 16th 12, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

- - - - - - - - - - -

Do you like to read? I have a Kindle, and I absolutely love it. I held off
for a long time because I have always liked the feel of a book in my hands.
Well, I got a lighted cover and that gives the feel of a book. It can be
balanced on my knees or on a pillow on my lap, so it's easy to use, land the
light enables me to read in the dark if I lose power. I can keep any number
of books on it instead of carrying a stack of books around with me. One
problem with printed books in recent years is that publishers often print
right up to the margin binding, so we almost have to bend some books in half
to read. That's not a problem with Kindle. Finally, I love the fact that I
can change the size of the font--just like with a computer--so I don't have
to use reading glasses. There are *lots* of free books available from
amazon, in addition to the ones that are purchased. The classics and books
that are out of copyright are often free.

Anyway, I thought this might interest you if you are tired of TV and would
find it difficult to get to a library.

MaryL