Cat Kisses

Old September 4th 03, 01:46 AM
Angela Ryan

Default Cat Kisses

Does anybody elses cat try and kiss them?

Gizmo does this all the time, she never actually touches my face, stops
about an inch short...whenever she uses me as a human cushion, when she
comes inside when I get home.....basically everytime we see her after being
out or in the morning when we get up.

It is so cute, I can almost see her "lips" pursing

But she won't do it if she has done it in the last half hour

Funny creatures

Angela and Gizmo

Old September 4th 03, 03:28 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Angela Ryan" had some very
interesting things to say about Cat Kisses:

Does anybody elses cat try and kiss them?
Gizmo does this all the time, she never actually touches my face, stops
about an inch short...whenever she uses me as a human cushion, when she
comes inside when I get home.....basically everytime we see her after being
out or in the morning when we get up.
It is so cute, I can almost see her "lips" pursing
But she won't do it if she has done it in the last half hour
Funny creatures

Felix has been known to lick. :-)

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old September 4th 03, 04:04 AM
Sam Nash

"Angela Ryan" wrote in message
Does anybody elses cat try and kiss them?

Gizmo does this all the time, she never actually touches my face, stops
about an inch short...whenever she uses me as a human cushion, when she
comes inside when I get home.....basically everytime we see her after

being
out or in the morning when we get up.

It is so cute, I can almost see her "lips" pursing

But she won't do it if she has done it in the last half hour

Funny creatures

Angela and Gizmo

When it's *his* idea, Smokey will come up put a paw on each side of my neck
and push his face into my throat. Sometimes it's a 10-second deal, other
times it can be several minutes.
Sam

Old September 4th 03, 05:34 AM
bewtifulfreak

Marina wrote:
"Angela Ryan" wrote
Does anybody elses cat try and kiss them?

Frank does kiss me - what I call kissing is his rubbing his mouth all
over my face, preferably my nose, but my mouth and chin are good too.
He does this in the morning when he is waking me and when I get home
from work, and in the evening when we are cuddling. It's nicer to
think that he is kissing me than that he is marking me for his own,
though that is nice, too.

Nikki just smells my breath now and then. That is a way of making
sure it's the right person.

I always wondered why my Greeby does this alot (well, I guess they both do,
but Greebo is more of a mama's boy, and thus, spends more time around me)!
Little moocher that he is, I always thought he was checking out what I may
have eaten recently, LOL....

I learn so much on this group!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 4th 03, 06:26 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:21:53 +0300, "Marina"
wrote:

"Angela Ryan" wrote
Does anybody elses cat try and kiss them?

Frank does kiss me - what I call kissing is his rubbing his mouth all over
my face, preferably my nose, but my mouth and chin are good too. He does
this in the morning when he is waking me and when I get home from work, and
in the evening when we are cuddling. It's nicer to think that he is kissing
me than that he is marking me for his own, though that is nice, too.

Nikki just smells my breath now and then. That is a way of making sure it's
the right person. If you watch two cats, who know each other, meet, you'll
see that they sniff each others' mouth. My sister has a theory about why
cats can't stand d*gs - because d*gs go directly for the butt, the uncouth
beasts, while cats sniff mouths first, then, if they are well acquainted
enough, they may sniff butts. ;o)

hahaha!
Old September 4th 03, 06:33 AM
Hopitus2

Oh, yes! Each of the Evil 3 - individually - give cat "kisses" with their
cold noses, maybe a "lick" of the raspy tongue, face-rubbing their "scent"
onto our skin. I personally touch noses with them and do the "eye-blink"
greeting, believing that is their way of greeting/affection.
They probably wonder why my nose is not cold and wet. Or not. It is
wonderful to come home from work and be greeted lovingly by short furry
dictators who immediately demand food and a drink from the sink faucet (as
stated before, they are all slightly overweight, but I can't say no to their
near-midnight snack). Can't even remember life before they lived here.

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
: Marina wrote:
: "Angela Ryan" wrote
: Does anybody elses cat try and kiss them?
:
:
[...]
: --
:

Old September 4th 03, 07:22 AM
LOL

"Angela Ryan" wrote in message ...
Does anybody elses cat try and kiss them?

Gizmo does this all the time, she never actually touches my face, stops
about an inch short...whenever she uses me as a human cushion, when she
comes inside when I get home.....basically everytime we see her after being
out or in the morning when we get up.

It is so cute, I can almost see her "lips" pursing

But she won't do it if she has done it in the last half hour

Funny creatures

Angela and Gizmo

I have to say, even knowing how much trouble I can get into for saying
it, that Mike licks like a d*g. Hands, face, whatever he can reach.
I've never seen anything like it.

------
Krista
Slave to a little weirdo
Old September 4th 03, 07:28 AM
bewtifulfreak

LOL wrote:

I have to say, even knowing how much trouble I can get into for saying
it, that Mike licks like a d*g. Hands, face, whatever he can reach.
I've never seen anything like it.

My Crowley is a mega-licker as well, he's always licking my hubby and me,
which I actually kind of like....it's like he's returning my affection,
whereas Greebo just sprawls out and soaks up the affection all to himself
(not that he's not loving in his own cuddly way....).

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 4th 03, 02:50 PM
lrulan

Jazz gives and takes kisses like a pro. His kisses are actually licks, big
wet sloppy ones. I only have to say KISSES and he gives them to me.
Sometimes he wants them. When I say KISSES and he offers me the top of his
head, I know he wants me to plant a big one on his head. KISSES is one of
the words he responds to.
He also will give licks to your nose, and the amount depends on what you
say. If I say BIIIIIG KISSES, he will give big licks. When I say LIIIITLE
KISSES he will just touch the tip of his tongue to my nose. He is one
love-bug when it comes to kisses. Other than that he hates everything else.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time