Three Blind Mice...BW

Old September 14th 03, 04:16 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Three Blind Mice...BW

LOL, and I'm glad to hear that Sheba is feeling so much better

On 13 Sep 2003 19:48:07 GMT, CATherine
wrote:

It is very definitely Autumn. The days are sunny but cool, with a few
days here and there of moisture. The wildlife is preparing against the
coming season of winter. Mice have decided the heat ducts in my car
are perfect mouse tunnels. So we set mouse traps in the car. But
living way out in the country, there are a million rodents. They can't
all get into my car. Some have found a way into my enclosed porch.

Last night I was sitting at my desk, reading, with Sheba in her
accustomed place on the footstool at my feet. Amber was watching tv
with Jeff and Shasta. Djoser, as it turned out, was on the porch
watching the corner by the door.

Pretty soon I saw him trotting through the house toward the bedroom.
He had something in his mouth. All of a sudden Sheba came alive and
energized at the smell of fresh killed Eau de Mouse! She let out a
howl as she shot after Djoser and cornered him in the bedroom. Amber
was alerted and was right behind her.

Sheba has been trying to make me understand for months that diabetic
food is sadly deficient in what she needs, like fresh killed fat and
cholesterol! She hollered at Djoser to give it to her! He didn't know
what to make of timid Sheba suddenly being so aggressive.

She tried to grab the prize by the tail and I got hold of her tail.
She protested mightily as I struggled to pick her up. I got her to the
bathroom and shut her in. Then I went back and encouraged Djoser to
make short work of his dinner. Once I was sure there were no tempting
morsels left, I let Sheba out.

This aggressive, running, howling Tortie is my timid diabetic cat that
recently could hardly walk from neuropathy?! Finding nothing, she
grumbled her way back to my/her footstool. Pretty soon Djoser came
through the room with something in his mouth, headed for the bedroom
again.

Sheba wasn't asleep this time; but I managed to catch her. I ignored
the blood running down my arm from her claws. Surely Djoser was full
now. After all he had also eaten a good meal of Nutro. Or is he trying
to get a good layer of fat for a cold winter?

I don't believe this. Djoser got past me with another and Sheba got to
him and grabbed the rear end of the prize and he raised a paw to her
face. She slapped heck out of him, growling mightily. He let her have
it and I wasn't about to try take it away from her, having already
suffered from her claws. I don't suppose it will raise her blood sugar
any more than the stress of frustration and deprivation would.

I guess we will have to close the door to the porch and set traps. I
don't want a never-ending supply of mouse this winter.

CATherine
(I can't believe I accidentally posted this to abp.scenic this am.
Maybe one cuppa wasn't enough to get my brain in gear. Shoulda waited
til after the second cuppa.) sheepish grin

Old September 14th 03, 05:32 AM
Hopitus2

LOL - good for Sheba; glad to hear she's feeling so feisty as to spar with
Djoser over his prey! If I ever manage to finally make my move to Denver
(here comes another winter and we're still here) will have to get used to
such goings on on our porch, if we end up with one: wildlife seeking shelter
for the duration.....that oughta pep up the old gals, not to mention BT
Rowdy, who can hunt lizards here with his one eye and should do just as good
with CO mice as well. If we ever do make it, that is.

:
:

Old September 14th 03, 08:11 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CATherine wrote:

I don't believe this. Djoser got past me with another and Sheba got to
him and grabbed the rear end of the prize and he raised a paw to her
face. She slapped heck out of him, growling mightily. He let her have
it and I wasn't about to try take it away from her, having already
suffered from her claws. I don't suppose it will raise her blood sugar
any more than the stress of frustration and deprivation would.

Well, I don't know what the current thinking is on diabetic diets, but
for humans it used to favor relatively high-protein, low carb, so I
should think "mouse" would be allowed to a diabetic cat! (;-}
Old September 14th 03, 09:45 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" had some very
interesting things to say about Three Blind Mice...BW:
CATherine wrote:
I don't believe this. Djoser got past me with another and Sheba got to
him and grabbed the rear end of the prize and he raised a paw to her
face. She slapped heck out of him, growling mightily. He let her have
it and I wasn't about to try take it away from her, having already
suffered from her claws. I don't suppose it will raise her blood sugar
any more than the stress of frustration and deprivation would.

Well, I don't know what the current thinking is on diabetic diets, but
for humans it used to favor relatively high-protein, low carb, so I
should think "mouse" would be allowed to a diabetic cat! (;-}

Most diabetics I'm acquainted with find their blood sugar control much
easier on low-carb.

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old September 14th 03, 09:51 PM
Hopitus2

Glad to hear "mouse" approved for diabetic menu....will remember that if
we're ever really down to the basics for the hoomins here and scurrying for
vittles! Aaaarrrrrrr! Pirate persona rising again (of course there are
diabetic pirates!)......

:
:
: