Do you collect cat items?

Old May 19th 12, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

Default Do you collect cat items?

I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann
Old May 19th 12, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"ann791" wrote in message
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even bought
me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some earrings
that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I don't really collect cat things, but I do have some cat earrings.

Joy

Old May 19th 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I collect cat claws and whiskers. I have a jar full of both.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 19th 12, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 05/19/2012 01:23 PM, ann791 wrote:
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I have about a half dozen figurines.
Two are very old: about 100 yrs and 8o years -- they werer my mother's.
The other few were gifts. Nothing reaiky valuable though. MLB
Old May 19th 12, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

i had several figurines and some jewelery, i want those lions that go on
either side of the driveway but man are they pricey, Lee

Old May 19th 12, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

ann791 wrote:

I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

I don't collect cat-related tchotchkes deliberately, but people often
give them to me, because everyone knows that "Joyce likes cats."
So I seem to have ended up with a small, not too overwhelming collection
of cat figurines and so forth.

Occasionally I have bought some items myself. One is a tiny candle
holder shaped like a curled-up sleeping cat. The candle goes in the
center of the cat circle. It's cute and also useful. Another time
I bought a larger candle holder, ceramic, that's of a group of cats
sitting in a circle, facing the center, where a glass candle holder
can hold a tea light or votive candle. I thought it was adorable
when I bought it, but over the years it just seems more and more odd.
No cats in the real world would ever do this! So I'm going to give
it away, probably as a gift, to someone. I've had it for many years,
but it's in perfect condition and acceptable as a gift. Just have to
find the right recipient.

I don't usually care that much for glass or ceramic figures, especially
small ones that just turn into clutter. But I seem to have a number
of them anyway!

--
Joyce

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln
Old May 20th 12, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
"ann791" wrote in message
I have a collection of cat figures. DH usually buys me them. He even
bought me one for the garden that looks like a cat sitting. I have some
earrings that are cats and a pretty pendant of a cat.

Ann

I don't really collect cat things, but I do have some cat earrings.

Joy

I have three (technically 4) cat figurines. One is a clear glass cat with a
bright orange goldfish in it's belly My neighbor gave me an adorable
tiny metal cat sculpture made out of nuts, bolts and screws soldered
together. It's ears, legs and tail are made of brass wire. It even has
it's "paw" on the tiniest glitter ball I've ever seen! I inherited a couple
of 1950's matching Siamese (fired clay, I'm guessing) cat figurines from my
mother. John has given me two very cute cat brooches.

The neighbor I cat sit for, OTOH... her house is FULL of cat stuff!
Decorative cat pillows, woven throws with cats on the loveseat, cat picture
frames, cat figurines, metal food bowls set in a decorative metal cat shaped
frame. She's a true collector of cat stuff. Then again, her house is
decorated in a sort of a "country kitsch" style, so all the cat stuff fits
right in.

Jill

Old May 20th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

The neighbor I cat sit for, OTOH... her house is FULL of cat stuff!
Decorative cat pillows, woven throws with cats on the loveseat, cat picture
frames, cat figurines, metal food bowls set in a decorative metal cat shaped
frame. She's a true collector of cat stuff. Then again, her house is
decorated in a sort of a "country kitsch" style, so all the cat stuff fits
right in.

Oh, if we're going to get into things other than figurines, then, yes,
I have more cat stuff. Calendars (2), all manner of cat images on the
fridge, and other things I can't even remember. I'm guilty of most of
those.

--
Joyce

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you
come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people
who have come alive." -- Howard Thurman
Old May 20th 12, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I do have a calendar, a fridge magnet, and a couple of cat-related cartoons
on the fridge.

Joy

Old May 20th 12, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

The neighbor I cat sit for, OTOH... her house is FULL of cat stuff!
Decorative cat pillows, woven throws with cats on the loveseat, cat
picture
frames, cat figurines, metal food bowls set in a decorative metal cat
shaped
frame. She's a true collector of cat stuff. Then again, her house is
decorated in a sort of a "country kitsch" style, so all the cat stuff
fits
right in.

Oh, if we're going to get into things other than figurines, then, yes,
I have more cat stuff. Calendars (2), all manner of cat images on the
fridge, and other things I can't even remember. I'm guilty of most of
those.

--
Joyce

Ahhh, I thought the OP just meant "cat stuff". I have a cat wall calendar.
I have 2 cat fridge magnets (one of which is a clip on a spring so you can
hang coupons or lists from her mouth). There *is* a third cat fridge
magnet. Remember the old Dick & Jane readers? I've got fridge magnets of
Dick, Jane, little sister Sally, their dog Spot and... wait for it... their
kitten Puff! Puff was an orange tabby Those are just for fun.

Jill