[OT] Challenge!

Old July 9th 04, 05:04 PM
jmcquown

Richard wrote:
Some people said things, and then:-
jmcquown added

Thanks! Probably only interesting to the McQuown's. But I've
always been fascinated by our family history, not to mention the
fact that my uncle put it all together pre-computer era. At some
point I plan to go to Scotland and try to pick it up before 1679; I
have no idea how to do that.

There are plenty of genealogy news groups around the world and most of
them are more than glad to help. Someone in the area you are
interested
in would be happy to look up records for you, and you never know,
payback might mean you looking up your local courthouse for an ex-pat
in Bangkok...!

The only ex-pat I know retired and moved to Chiang Mai. The folks in
Bangkok are there on assignment

But really, lurk in such a group and see how things are done. At the
very least you'll get more ideas on where and what to look for and how
to do it.

Currently lurking. I do have some connections in Scotland so I think I can
figure this out. Now I just have to get to Scotland. LOL

Old July 9th 04, 06:12 PM
Richard

Some people said things, and then:-
jmcquown added

There are plenty of genealogy news groups around the world and most of
them are more than glad to help. Someone in the area you are
interested
in would be happy to look up records for you, and you never know,
payback might mean you looking up your local courthouse for an ex-pat
in Bangkok...!

The only ex-pat I know retired and moved to Chiang Mai. The folks in
Bangkok are there on assignment

;-) Right. That makes everything I told you totally useless then.

But really, lurk in such a group and see how things are done. At the
very least you'll get more ideas on where and what to look for and how
to do it.

Currently lurking. I do have some connections in Scotland so I think I can
figure this out. Now I just have to get to Scotland. LOL

But I just told you that you don't nee... ah. Got it. You're looking
for a good excuse to *go* to Scotland. Silly me.

--
Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at http://www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

No matter which way you ride your bike,
it's always uphill against the wind.

Old July 9th 04, 06:12 PM
Richard

[...]

[OT] Soccer Movie Question Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 5 January 13th 04 03:57 PM
[OT] Iron Chef Yowie Cat anecdotes 19 December 23rd 03 06:32 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent - UPDATE 20/11 JA Gory Cat anecdotes 23 November 25th 03 04:33 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent Yowie Cat anecdotes 56 November 23rd 03 07:06 AM