Stress Induced Illness?? Long

Old September 21st 04, 03:57 AM
Marina

CatNipped wrote:
snippage
When I walked in the door to my bedroom I saw that one of my cats had had an
attack of diarrhea in a line leading up to the litter box - the poor baby
couldn't even make it to the box.

Probably stress-related. If your cats like yoghurt, you could give them
some. It contasins good bacteria that soothes the tummy. I've been
meaning to get some for Nikki, as her antibiotics are giving her
diarrhoea. If you have dairy products with acidophilus bacteria in them,
try that. Purrs that it is just a passing g thing.

heck, even hotel maids
don't do all the stuff I did!!!!!

No they don't. You are an absolute saint to have put up with all that.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 21st 04, 04:09 AM
Singh

Why couldn't a cat get a whopping case of the Tijuana Trots from stress?
Two-legs can and do. When I had to go to the psycho hospital last month, all I
wanted to do was crap, I was that freaked out.

Muthas-in-law are, unfortunately, a big trigger. Mine still scares the hell out
of me, especially around the holidays. (Mama Singh is the only Christian in a
family of Sikhs, so maybe she's freaking a bit too, who knows?) Problem with her
is that she finds ways to bring my weight into anything.

"How about that NHL lockout?"
"Elizabeth, did you gain weight?"
"Did you manage to get out and vote?"
"You do look a little thick around the middle. Or maybe you're pregnant. Are you
pregnant? Are you regular? They say Polish girls have big babies you know."
"And how about them that Emmys?"
"I'll be watching you at dinner. You'd best watch those calories unless you're
pregnant. Are you pregnant...?"

Two years ago she gave me a jacket three sizes too small, and told me infront of
everyone to diet down to it.

But I digress. Sure, I think a cat can get the sh*ts from pure stress alone.
Cats, I think, are used to routine; Stosh will raise hell if we don't give him a
pickup within five minutes of coming home from work, for instance. And figu
here's this woman coming over with another cats and, you should pardon the
expression, a dog. 3 dogs, excuse my French. Those noisy D-creatures, and God
help the cats if there were any those yappy little breeds that can wake up the
next solar system. A cat's sensitive ears may not care for the sound of a
toy-breed d*g's high-pitched yelps.

CatNipped wrote:

OK, you all know about the problems I had with my MIL here with her three
dogs and one cat...

Well, thank all that's good, she left this afternoon. On my way home from
work I stopped at PetsMart and picked up 2 economy-sized bottles of Nature's
Miracle and a black light and some "Stink Out". We already have a steamer,
so I figured I'd just add a whole bottle of Nature's Miracle to the water in
the steamer and do all the carpets, upstairs and down, after going over the
carpet with the black light and spot treating the pee spots with
full-strength Nature's Miracle and the "Stink Out".

Great name! I think I need some because Stosh decided to show us who's boss by
marking the air duct downstairs so the whole place smells like Eau de Delinquent
Juvenile.

When I walked in the door to my bedroom I saw that one of my cats had had an
attack of diarrhea in a line leading up to the litter box - the poor baby
couldn't even make it to the box. [Oh well, I already had all the cleaning
stuff!] However, I don't know which of my girls is sick, so I'll have to
watch them closely before I know who to take to the vet.

The question I have is, do you think it's possible that the diarrhea could
be stress induced - after all, they were attacked by three dogs in their own
bedroom and all four were cooped up in that one room for 6 days.

Attacked?! Even worse. No wonder one of them got the sh*ts.

Any advice other than get her, whoever it is, to the vet?

Yeah. Get the Mutha-in-law to a hotel unless it's a major emergency.

gripe

Never again!! That woman will not set foot in this house again unless my
husband lays down some rules to her. The first one will be that her d*gs
will be confined to one room (hopefully one without carpet) or outside in
our LARGE, FENCED IN YARD, and she will do her fair share to help with the
housework.

Amen!!!

I'm really PO'd that she treated me like a hotel maid - I did groceries for
her food (which she did not chip in for), I cooked her food, I cleaned her
dishes (she would get up from the table and go sit down to watch TV without
so much as putting her plate in the sink), I washed her clothes (I think she
must have brought some dirty ones with her because I did 3 loads of hers
alone - folding, hanging, everything but ironing!!!), I fed her cat, I
scooped his box, I cleaned up after her dogs.... heck, even hotel maids
don't do all the stuff I did!!!!!

You'd have been better tipped at a Motel 6.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 21st 04, 04:11 AM
Singh

CatNipped wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Yes, I think it's possible. You needn't think about taking them toithe
vet's until everything has settled down in their home for a few days.

OK, I think you're right - I'll just keep my eye on them.

I doubt that they've caught anything, they are just stressed.

See how they are in five days.

Yep, will do

That's mothers in law for you. I had one of my own..
No need to worry. She and her unhousetrained dogs are gone.
You did good. Very good even, you tolerated more than most people would.
Be proud of yourself.

Tweed

Thank you - I did it for my DH, who really is a sweetie. Did I tell you
guys about the very minute I decided I was going to marry this guy??? We
were driving out of my apartment parking lot when he suddenly pulled over to
the side of the road, got out of the car, walked around to the passenger
side of the car, caught the gecko that was hitching a ride on the car
windshield, and placed him in the grassy field on the side of the road to go
safely on his way!!!

Good for you! sounds like a better match than if you'd taken that damned gecko.
I can't see you dancing on a moonlit beach to "Sometimes When We Touch..."

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 21st 04, 05:55 AM
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
I'm really PO'd that she treated me like a hotel maid - I did groceries for
her food (which she did not chip in for), I cooked her food, I cleaned her
dishes (she would get up from the table and go sit down to watch TV without
so much as putting her plate in the sink), I washed her clothes (I think she
must have brought some dirty ones with her because I did 3 loads of hers
alone - folding, hanging, everything but ironing!!!), I fed her cat, I
scooped his box, I cleaned up after her dogs.... heck, even hotel maids
don't do all the stuff I did!!!!!

If it helps, it doesn't sound as though she meant to be disrespectful
- it sounds as though she's actually unskilled or unaccustomed to
being tidy, or being a guest. You were extremely patient to put up
with that, and it's a good thing it all ended before you blew up.