Looking for small bit senior dry cat food.

Old July 28th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut3852

Default Looking for small bit senior dry cat food.

I have an 19 / 20 year old kitty named "Kitty" that over the years has
lost most of her teeth. A lot of them were gone when I took her in at
4 / 5 years old with just the roots left.

Thing is that she likes her dry food but the ones I tryed for senior
or adult cats have pieces so large that she has trouble eating it. I
have started giving her dry kitten kitten food which is small pieces
in addition to her canned senior food.

Does anyone know of a senior or adult dry food that has small size
pieces like the dry kitten food comes in. I do not need advice on the
canned because I found the senior type she likes. I just beed help
finding a small piece dry for her.

TIA

Old July 29th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kalmia

On Jul 28, 3:39*pm, kraut3852 wrote:
I have an 19 / 20 year old kitty named "Kitty" that over the years has
lost most of her teeth. *A lot of them were gone when I took her in at
4 / 5 years old with just the roots left.

Thing is that she likes her dry food but the ones I tryed for senior
or adult cats have pieces so large that she has trouble eating it. *I
have started giving her dry kitten kitten food which is small pieces
in addition to her canned senior food.

Does anyone know of a senior or adult dry food that has small size
pieces like the dry kitten food comes in. *I do not need advice on the
canned because I found the senior type she likes. *I just beed help
finding a small piece dry for her.

TIA

How about grinding it in a food processor, then mixing in with her wet
food?
Old July 29th 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

Don't know about the senior food but have a cat that shows up here with
absolutely no teeth. Can't get near her but that is what they tell me. I
take my cats food which is fairly small, wrap it in a towel and whack it
with a rolling pin. Makes smaller pieces which the cat either eats or
swallows whole. I watch while she eats on the picnic table so nothing
bothers her.

Old July 29th 09, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:39:31 -0400, kraut3852
wrote:

I have an 19 / 20 year old kitty named "Kitty" that over the years has
lost most of her teeth. A lot of them were gone when I took her in at
4 / 5 years old with just the roots left.

Thing is that she likes her dry food but the ones I tryed for senior
or adult cats have pieces so large that she has trouble eating it. I
have started giving her dry kitten kitten food which is small pieces
in addition to her canned senior food.

Does anyone know of a senior or adult dry food that has small size
pieces like the dry kitten food comes in. I do not need advice on the
canned because I found the senior type she likes. I just beed help
finding a small piece dry for her.

TIA

I just switched my cat to Wellness brand dry food. The pellets are
little spheres. They are significantly smaller in size than the NutroMax
(it was sort of lozenges) I was feeding her.

And my vet says that due to improvements in cat food over the past 20
years, there's no need to feed 'senior' cat food, as long as you are
using good quality food.

When my cat turned 10, I asked her about this specifically; I want my
kitty to live as long as possible. I was somewhat surprised at her
answer, but she is a very good vet.

Wellness is one of the very best dry cat foods on the market: no meat
byproducts, wheat, corn, soy or artificial flavors or preservatives.

It's kind of expensive, but then, you pretty much get what you pay for.

And, I spend more on litter, than on food.

Congratulations on your senior citizen kitty; sadly, most do not live
this long.
Old July 29th 09, 08:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jul 28, 12:39*pm, kraut3852 wrote:
I have an 19 / 20 year old kitty named "Kitty" that over the years has
lost most of her teeth. *A lot of them were gone when I took her in at
4 / 5 years old with just the roots left.

Thing is that she likes her dry food but the ones I tryed for senior
or adult cats have pieces so large that she has trouble eating it. *I
have started giving her dry kitten kitten food which is small pieces
in addition to her canned senior food.

Does anyone know of a senior or adult dry food that has small size
pieces like the dry kitten food comes in. *I do not need advice on the
canned because I found the senior type she likes. *I just beed help
finding a small piece dry for her.

TIA

When I had a senior cat, I had really good results with Royal Canin
indoor mature. The kibbles are small, and a tad softer. And the
glucosamine and vitamins helped to get him moving better. He took the
stairs faster and trotted again.

Recently, I got a cat who arrived eating a cheap brand of food, but it
was really small kibbles. She didn't seem to like anything I wanted to
serve. So, I went to the store and felt all the bags of Royal Canin
and found the smallest kibble I could find, and she loves it. I don't
have the bag handy, but it was something about hair and skin I
believe.

Old July 29th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut3852

wrote:

I have an 19 / 20 year old kitty named "Kitty" that over the years has
lost most of her teeth. A lot of them were gone when I took her in at
4 / 5 years old with just the roots left.

Thing is that she likes her dry food but the ones I tryed for senior
or adult cats have pieces so large that she has trouble eating it. I
have started giving her dry kitten kitten food which is small pieces
in addition to her canned senior food.

Does anyone know of a senior or adult dry food that has small size
pieces like the dry kitten food comes in. I do not need advice on the
canned because I found the senior type she likes. I just beed help
finding a small piece dry for her.

TIA

Thanks all for suggestions I made a note of the different names.

Another type that I found is Fancy Feast dry. A friend told me about
it and gave me a coupon so I got a bag. The pieces (Kibbles) are
really small and she seems to like it and it come in 3 or 4 flavors.

Thanks all again.