[OT] Cyclone Larry update

Old March 22nd 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Cyclone Larry update

If any of you folks were wondering about Cyclone Larry, the Category 5
cyclone (hurricane) that hit north east Australia a few days ago, there was
massive property damage, but no loss of human life. Unfortunately, the
banana and sugar cane crops have been totalled, and except for tourism, the
economy is pretty much based on those two crops. Its going to be a very
tough year for people up there in Innisfail and surrounds. Still, the people
seem to be in good spirits (as far as one can be) and our government is,
much to my surprise, appearing to be relatively generous to those who find
themselves homeless and/or jobless. Most won't have power for a few weeks,
some in the remote areas probably won't have power for months (with water
and sewerage implications that go with that), and at the moment relief
efforts and the delivery of same are being hampered by yet more heavy rain.

If you can spare a thought/purr/prayer and/or get the bloody rain to ease up
for the people hit by our version of Katrina, they'd surely appreciate it.
There will probably be some sort of disaster appeal sooner or later, I'll
post details when I know.

Yowie

Old March 22nd 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cyclone Larry update

Already purring for them.
Suz&Spicey

Old March 22nd 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:
If you can spare a thought/purr/prayer and/or get the bloody rain to ease up
for the people hit by our version of Katrina, they'd surely appreciate it.

Lots and lots of purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 22nd 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

well, seems Mother Nature is certainly trying to make up for lost time,
isn't she? 2005 was a terrible year all around for disasters all over the
world. Purrs and prayers for everyone in the affected area in Australia.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 22nd 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old March 23rd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

A miracle that there was no loss of life! Many purrs going to NE Australia.
--
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin

Old March 23rd 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

If you can spare a thought/purr/prayer and/or get the bloody rain to ease up
for the people hit by our version of Katrina, they'd surely appreciate it.
There will probably be some sort of disaster appeal sooner or later, I'll
post details when I know.

Purrs coming for everyone affected by larry. I wish I could stop the
snow falling here in Finland, let alone the rain in Australia!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 23rd 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and prayers for the rain to stop, so those poor people can start
figuring out how to recover.

Joy

Old March 23rd 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

If any of you folks were wondering about Cyclone Larry, the Category 5
cyclone (hurricane) that hit north east Australia a few days ago, there was
massive property damage, but no loss of human life. Unfortunately, the
banana and sugar cane crops have been totalled, and except for tourism, the
economy is pretty much based on those two crops. Its going to be a very
tough year for people up there in Innisfail and surrounds. Still, the people
seem to be in good spirits (as far as one can be) and our government is,
much to my surprise, appearing to be relatively generous to those who find
themselves homeless and/or jobless. snip

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for everyone affected,
POlonca and Soncek

[OT] Mum update Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 November 15th 05 09:09 PM
[OT] Wilma Update 20A Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 0 October 20th 05 03:07 PM
Dad Update [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 26 May 8th 05 11:32 PM
[OT] Yowlet Update Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 December 13th 04 01:25 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 4/4/4 20:30 Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 April 5th 04 11:49 PM