Why does my cat fall down at my feet all the time?!

Old December 1st 04, 02:00 AM
Sally

Default Why does my cat fall down at my feet all the time?!

hi all,

when my cat rubs on our legs wanting us to feed her, after a while of
doing this, she drops to the floor and doesnt get off the floor until
we walk to the kitchen, where she then gets up of the floor and
hurries along behind us.

does anyone know why she would do this?

cheers
sally.
Old December 1st 04, 02:34 AM
Mary

"Barb" wrote in message
. verio.net...
Your cat falls to the floor to show you that she is so hungry that she

can't
even stand up any more. Some cats let their eyes half close and they sway
from side to side to show their hunger.

--

Heh. My cats must be famished, especially the really fat
one who flops and shows her giant belly and gazes up at me

Old December 1st 04, 03:19 AM
Barb

Your cat falls to the floor to show you that she is so hungry that she can't
even stand up any more. Some cats let their eyes half close and they sway
from side to side to show their hunger.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Old December 1st 04, 03:25 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Sally" wrote in message
m...
hi all,

when my cat rubs on our legs wanting us to feed her, after a while of
doing this, she drops to the floor and doesnt get off the floor until
we walk to the kitchen, where she then gets up of the floor and
hurries along behind us.

does anyone know why she would do this?

I think maybe she's just doing "the flop". A common kitty 'thing'.

Cathy

cheers
sally.

Old December 1st 04, 04:51 PM
Steve G

Sally wrote:
hi all,

when my cat rubs on our legs wanting us to feed her, after a while
of doing this, she drops to the floor and doesnt get off the floor

(...)

does anyone know why she would do this?

TAKE HER TO THE VET! Her gyroscopes have broken. You might want them to
check the damping on her shock absorbers too, and maybe change the oil.
S.

Old December 1st 04, 08:25 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Sally wrote:

hi all,

when my cat rubs on our legs wanting us to feed her, after a while of
doing this, she drops to the floor and doesnt get off the floor until
we walk to the kitchen, where she then gets up of the floor and
hurries along behind us.

does anyone know why she would do this?

She's trying to tell you that she's so weak with hunger than she doesn't
have the energy to stand. ;-)

Priscilla

P.S. She's lying.
Old December 1st 04, 11:17 PM
Sherry

She's trying to tell you that she's so weak with hunger than she doesn't
have the energy to stand. ;-)

Priscilla

P.S. She's lying.

HA! That's Biskit. She twirls around my legs, looks toward the food bowl and
flops down at my feet. Except now that she's fat, when she flops down, there's
an audible "oof" sound. It sort of takes away from the "I'm starving, I'm so
weak I can't stand anymore" routine.

Sherry
Old December 2nd 04, 12:36 AM
Catherine K

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 02:34:45 +0000, Mary wrote:

Heh. My cats must be famished, especially the really fat
one who flops and shows her giant belly and gazes up at me
with persuasive green eyes at dinner time!

LOL, reminds me of Jasmine one day when I was vacuuming and she was on the
other side of a piece of furniture... and I came very close to getting her
tail. She was outta-there like greased lightening.

Fast forward a couple of hours, and right after she galloped across the
living room for all she was worth, I looked down and she was sitting and
looking at me from the floor beside my chair. Then she held one paw up and
looked pitable.... her timing was a bit off

Some cats, if not all, are born drama queens

Catherine K.