The cutest fluffytail...

Old May 2nd 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default The cutest fluffytail...

When I got home from work Thursday I had a little more energy than usual,
so after letting the kitties into the back yard to play I brought out
Harri's harness and leash.

I got her hooked up and carried her into the garage, then we set off
walking down the driveway. Unfortunately the little tiny yappy dogs that
live behind us were out in their back yard, and they had to come over and
yap at the little kitty. Harri didn't much appreciate that, and did the
arched-back, tail fluffed Halloween-cat strut.

You know how little tiny kitties have pointy-looking tails? How their
tails narrow towards the tip? When Harri fluffs her tail the base fluffs
much more then the middle, which fluffs more than the tip. So when Harri
goes fluffytail, her tail takes on the traditional little-kitty pointy
tail look. I really wish I had thought to bring a camera with me - it was
incredibly cute. I'll have to remember a camera next time we go walking,
just in case we encounter something else that deserves a fluffytail.

Dan
Old May 2nd 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Put a harness or leash on any of these three and they go to helpless. Pig
does the disjointed cat thing, rag doll I think they call it. Tubby O T
just lays down and won't move and Willow just blows up like a big ball of
fluff and won't move.
news

Old May 2nd 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 2, 3:28*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Put a harness or leash on any of these three and they go to helpless. *Pig
does the disjointed cat thing, rag doll I think they call it. *Tubby O T
just lays down and won't move and Willow just blows up like a big ball of
fluff and won't move.

Winthrop, who is alive and well in Boston, was a born-feral who turned
into a bookstore cat. One of the guys thought it was a bad idea to let
Winthrop outside. Winthrop loved Bob, or liked him quite a bit, and
it was quite a surprise when he put him in the emergency room. I have
not tried to leash a cat since.

--
Will in New Haven

Old May 2nd 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Fri, 02 May 2008 13:14:30 -0700, Will in New Haven wrote:

On May 2, 3:28*pm, "Granby" wrote:
[quoted text muted]

Winthrop, who is alive and well in Boston, was a born-feral who turned
into a bookstore cat. One of the guys thought it was a bad idea to let
Winthrop outside. Winthrop loved Bob, or liked him quite a bit, and
it was quite a surprise when he put him in the emergency room. I have
not tried to leash a cat since.

Fortunately I got Harry used to walking on leash while she was a tiny
kitten, riding in the truck with me. I don't think I'd like to try to get
Cleo in a harness

Old May 3rd 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

I'd love to see that fluffytail. I regret that I didn't leash train
Caliban when he was little. It used to be so nice, going out for walkies
with Frank and Nikki. But I had the enclosure built soon after I got
Caliban, so I didn't think I'd want to go out walking with him. Then I
looked after my sister's cats for a few days, and took Linus out
walking, and remembered how nice it was.

Old May 3rd 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
When I got home from work Thursday I had a little more energy than usual,
so after letting the kitties into the back yard to play I brought out
Harri's harness and leash.

She must love that! Harri is certainly a veteran of walkies.

Buster is the one here who gets da fluffytale. I don't know if this
is like what you described, but it's triangular, like a pennant. His
tail gets so fluffed at the base that it's hard to tell where his butt
ends and his tail begins.
Old May 3rd 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I'd love to see that fluffytail. I regret that I didn't leash train
Caliban when he was little. It used to be so nice, going out for walkies
with Frank and Nikki. But I had the enclosure built soon after I got
Caliban, so I didn't think I'd want to go out walking with him. Then I
looked after my sister's cats for a few days, and took Linus out
walking, and remembered how nice it was.

And it's so totally different than walking a dog. When you walk you a
dog you can have at least an idea of where you're going to go and how
you'll get there. Not so when doing a cat walk.

Dan
Old May 3rd 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Granby wrote:
Put a harness or leash on any of these three and they go to helpless.
Pig does the disjointed cat thing, rag doll I think they call it.
Tubby O T just lays down and won't move and Willow just blows up like
a big ball of fluff and won't move.

I thought I'd try to get Persia to walk on a leash. She, too, lost all of
her bones and collapsed like a bowl of furry Jell-O. I couldn't get her to
budge.

I'd even let her get used to the harness and then trail the leash around
behind her inside for a few days. She didn't like it, but she'd walk
around. Once on the patio, though, no go. IIRC that was the point where I
gave in and bought the kitty-walk for the patio

Jill

Old May 4th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

And it's so totally different than walking a dog. When you walk you a
dog you can have at least an idea of where you're going to go and how
you'll get there. Not so when doing a cat walk.

That was the case with Nikki. She'd take me anywhere she wanted to. But
Frank was almost like a d*g. He would 'heel' most of the time and would
look up at me for permission to take a detour off our route. He was such
a polite boy. I didn't teach him that.