Boyfriend hates Christmas

Old December 24th 13, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend hates Christmas

Because I go out at about 11 a.m on Christmas Day, return at 3.45 for his
tea (very important) spend an hour or so with him, and go again until
midnight.
The following day, similar except I get home earlier.
Having some turkey doesn't make up for it.
He's glad when Christmas is over. TBH, so am I.

Tweed

Old December 27th 13, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 19:13:56 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Because I go out at about 11 a.m on Christmas Day, return at 3.45 for his
tea (very important) spend an hour or so with him, and go again until
midnight.
The following day, similar except I get home earlier.
Having some turkey doesn't make up for it.
He's glad when Christmas is over. TBH, so am I.

Tweed

Really? I find that all is forgiven if turkey is brought as an
offering.
Old December 27th 13, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Because I go out at about 11 a.m on Christmas Day, return at 3.45 for his
tea (very important) spend an hour or so with him, and go again until
midnight.
The following day, similar except I get home earlier.
Having some turkey doesn't make up for it.
He's glad when Christmas is over. TBH, so am I.

Tweed

Really? I find that all is forgiven if turkey is brought as an
offering.

Oh, he likes his turkey, but since 2011 when I was away from him for weeks
on two separate occasions, he has become extremely clingy, not surprisingly.
He likes his routine. He can cope with me out on a day trip, but two days
of meowmie not being here is not nice.

Old December 28th 13, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

Because I go out at about 11 a.m on Christmas Day, return at 3.45 for his
tea (very important) spend an hour or so with him, and go again until
midnight.
The following day, similar except I get home earlier.
Having some turkey doesn't make up for it.
He's glad when Christmas is over. TBH, so am I.

Tweed

Really? I find that all is forgiven if turkey is brought as an
offering.

Oh, he likes his turkey, but since 2011 when I was away from him for weeks
on two separate occasions, he has become extremely clingy, not surprisingly.
He likes his routine. He can cope with me out on a day trip, but two days
of meowmie not being here is not nice.

He's spoiled, now that you've been retired for a few years.

--
Joyce

Loneliness is comforted by the closeness and touch of fur to fur,
skin to skin, or -- skin to fur. -- Paul Gallico
Old December 28th 13, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

You could well be right :-) But why not? the poor lad had a bad start in
life.
To make up for his horrible two days, I lit the woodburner early in the
morning yesterday, and stayed in all day letting him snooze on my lap.
I'm forgiven.

Tweed

Old December 27th 13, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:13:56 AM UTC-8, Christina Websell wrote:
He's glad when Christmas is over. TBH, so am I. Tweed

Xmas wasn't bad we were at home or at least Dave was for the whole thing (I popped to the local on Xmas Day for a hour or two and was given a bottle of Baileys, which I love but wouldn't normally buy so I'm planning some Kahula to go with it- you put a measure of that in a shot glass then pour the Baileys on top over a spoon so the two are seperate layers, black Kahula and cream Baileys it's called a Baby Guinness, is totally delicious and had a kick like a mule!)we don't do the big Xmas dinner thing- we had grilled pork loin, buttered new potatoes and sweetcorn. The Fabulous Furballs had "Sheba" terrine of turkey with 2 small slices of premium ham and got a new fether onna stick and some balls (Bonnie likes them but these didn't have bells in- she's kept us awake once too often)

Alas we have now both come down with the flu- pain as we were going to a gig tonight and even had permission to take photos! I tried to do some present shopping as I plan to see my brother in the next few days but when I realised I was considering some pretty bras for my niece and SIL and don't know their size amd worse for my great nieces- the oldest of whom is 7 then admired a perfume set for my SIL that was "only" £55 so I got out the shops before I brought a load of expensive and/or useless presents- I'm hoping an early night will sort us out

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs