Cat shedding hair.

Old September 3rd 06, 01:11 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
The Polish-Kraut

Default Cat shedding hair.

Retorical Question:

Why is it that I can brush my Sam's hair for hours on end and get hardly a
hair but as soon as I hokd him to trim nail, medicate, or whatever he sheds
so much that I look like I have more cat hair on me then he does ?!?!?

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

Old September 3rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In news The Polish-Kraut purred:
Rhetorical Question:

Why is it that I can brush my Sam's hair for hours on end and get
hardly a hair but as soon as I hold him to trim nail, medicate, or
whatever he sheds so much that I look like I have more cat hair on me
then he does ?!?!?

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Because cats can shed hair as a "defense" when stressed. If a larger
predatory animal were to grab them, and only manage to grab the fur - an
easy escape is then managed.

Also, if you saw a potential dinner that was shedding it's fur, you wouldn't
be too appetized by it, would you? I know I'm thinking in human terms, but
well, I thought it was worth mentioning

Old September 3rd 06, 02:09 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
Beth

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
In news The Polish-Kraut purred:
Rhetorical Question:

Why is it that I can brush my Sam's hair for hours on end and get
hardly a hair but as soon as I hold him to trim nail, medicate, or
whatever he sheds so much that I look like I have more cat hair on me
then he does ?!?!?

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Because cats can shed hair as a "defense" when stressed. If a larger
predatory animal were to grab them, and only manage to grab the fur - an
easy escape is then managed.

Also, if you saw a potential dinner that was shedding it's fur, you
wouldn't be too appetized by it, would you? I know I'm thinking in human
terms, but well, I thought it was worth mentioning
That's true. My Butterscotch doesn't shed too much at home. I usually
only find hair in her favorite spots and it takes a few days between
cleanings to see that. But, when I take her to the vet for her yearly
check up, my car is COVERED in fur. I took her about a week ago for her
rabies shot update and she refused to go into her carrier so I carried her.
She clung to me and shed everywhere! I took her out of the car at the vet
and just brushed a ton of her fur off in the parking lot with just my hand.
She hates leaving because she's an indoor only cat. She was definitely
stressed and she definitely shed more because of it!

Old September 3rd 06, 04:36 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
Mad Dog

Beth wrote:
|| "Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
||| In news ||| The Polish-Kraut purred:
||| Because cats can shed hair as a "defense" when stressed. If a
||| larger predatory animal were to grab them, and only manage to grab
||| the fur - an easy escape is then managed.
||| Also, if you saw a potential dinner that was shedding it's fur, you
||| wouldn't be too appetized by it, would you? I know I'm thinking in
||| human terms, but well, I thought it was worth mentioning
||| That's true. My Butterscotch doesn't shed too much at home. I
||| usually only find hair in her favorite spots and it takes a few
||| days between cleanings to see that. But, when I take her to the
||| vet for her yearly check up, my car is COVERED in fur. I took her
||| about a week ago for her rabies shot update and she refused to go
||| into her carrier so I carried her. She clung to me and shed
||| everywhere! I took her out of the car at the vet and just brushed
||| a ton of her fur off in the parking lot with just my hand. She
||| hates leaving because she's an indoor only cat. She was definitely
||| stressed and she definitely shed more because of it!

I have 2 cats and I can not wear anything black or dark blue as I will be
covered in fur. It amazes me how clean they appear when they go rolling
around on the ground outside. I have these white blanket type things that
they sleep on. The white gets very dirty quickly so takes a lot of washing
but it give you an indication of the dirt that the cats bring in the house.
Also it will show me if they have picked up fleas.

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD

Old September 4th 06, 01:41 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
nospam

I use this
http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index....PROD&ProdID=83 and it
helps tremendously. The shed isn't as bad.

news