Tomorrow is moving day for Diana.

Old March 30th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Tomorrow is moving day for Diana.

Thank you both. I am spending my last day with Diana and Cinnamon will
go soon after. I'm not happy and Diana seems alright. I thought she
knew something. I told Her and Ryan yesterday and I wasn't sure they
understood, but last night, I woke up to find them curled up beside me
on the bed purrring loudly. Ryan never does that. His spot is on the
chair beside the bed. I think they knew something is about to happen.

On Saturday 29 March 2008 17:49, John Ross Mc Master wrote:

It's a damn shame this is happening at all but you are being
responsible and doing the best you can.
Unka John

Wee are purring fur you.
Beauty and Cinder

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:09:24 -0400, Fred Williams
wrote:

One room is an awfully small place for a cat. These are wonderful
people and have consented to take one and give it the run of the
house.
I don't want to force or pressure them into anything. I'm going to
have to live with them. The are even sayingthey will keep a cat after
I go, and this wouldn't be too hard on the cat after I've spent six
months, maybe a year with them. We will all be like family to the cat
after that, and if I go away it will be a small matter because the cat
will be bonded to them as well and used to the house by that time. I
expect to continue to see these people from time to time anyway even
after. They have been good friends for several decades and I've known
him since university. Whatever is best for the cat will be done, of
course.
It's not really up to my new housemates which one to keep.
We're
trying to keep Diana and Ryan together and place them in a new
ontruehome. It may take a little time. In the meantime I was going
take Cinnamon when my new housemates said they'd take one. In the
meantime, the lady who runs the cat rescue network sais they will have
a hard time placing Ryan because he is so big. and they have only two
places for single cats and not one place for two cats. So she will
not take Ryan since she's worried that he will sit in the foster homes
and never be adopted. So she wants Diana in one home and Cinnamon in
another an me to take Ryan. Then she thinks that Cinnamon would go
first because he's a long haired, polydactile beautiful cat. So Ryan
&
Diana wind up split anyway and Cinnmon is off on his own. Also Diana
is going to a foster home with a dominant male so she will have to be
kept in one room separate from him till they get used to each other.
Diana will be miserable all alone and she will loose Ryan & everybody
she knows at the same time. It's a mess right now. I hope we can
improve on that will happen.

Uncle Fred.

On Saturday 29 March 2008 15:48, Granby wrote:

Fred, have you considered taking all three to the new home, letting
your new
housemates choose which one to keep? Maybe that way you could keep
two? Will you have your own room and, with cat trees, could you keep
two in your room?
"Fred Williams" wrote in message
Hi dear friends,
Well the lady at the Cat Rescue Network said they can take
Diana
this
weekend and so I said Sunday.
I am getting help from a some good hoomans and the foster
home is
only
temporary. If we can find a good home for them to be together it
can still happen.
Yesterday, I told Diana and Rayn about what was going to
happen,
and
how they'd have to be split up. I used simple english wondering if
they'd understand any of it. Their eyes said they knew something
was wrong.
In the middle of the night I find Diana and Ryan curled up
together
on
my bed beside my legs, purring as loudly as I've ever heard them
purr. Ryan hardly ever comes on the bed and then only for short
periods of
time. They seldom purrr like that.
Arrangements are almost changing by the day and I and
friends
scamble
to see what we can do for these guys.

--
Regards,
Fred

Old March 30th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Thanks. This is very hard, It is important that Ryan & Diana are
together and at first they told me they would be, but now they won't,
at least while Diana is in the foster home. It's like they are
maximizing the agony of this for all the cats. I really hate
participating in this, but I can't think of any other way.

Fred

On Saturday 29 March 2008 18:21, Lucy wrote:

Oh, I didn't mean your friends. I mean that you would think that in
all of Ottawa, there would be enough square footage somewhere for two
cats. People, overall, can do a lot more than they're *willing* to do,
and it upsets me. They don't have kill shelters for children because
foster homes can be found for children -- but not so many people are
willing to help animals. I think your friends are great for helping
you AND for taking a cat.

Julie

Fred Williams wrote:
These are not hateful people, they just have their own biases
and
ideas, and my friends are wonderful people and I don't want to spoil
that relationship. They offered out of the goodnes of heir hearts to
take a cat when they thought it could help keep Diana and Ryan
together. If I get the Lady at the Cat Rescue Network mad at me,
then there might not be a place for any cat and that would be tragic.
There are other people helping too, including Julie, bless
her heart,
and I'm hopefull that somehow we can find a way. This will be
temporary, hopefully.

Fred

On Saturday 29 March 2008 17:28, Lucy wrote:

It really irritates me when people adopting a cat say that they will
only take one, rather than two, as if it really would make a
difference. I have a friend with 9,000 square feet who says that
three cats is her "limit." Limit! Jesus Christ in a cashmere
sweater! Well. The 12 of us are doing just fine here, and everyone
is happy. I will never, ever understand. Nor will I understand why
it would be hard to place Ryan because he's "big"! Big is a problem?
That's the reason I first was attracted to Leo! I will NEVER get the
way people think. Never. Never. I mean, holy hell, if you have a
home, and a cat needs a home, what on Earth is the problem?

I hate people sometimes.

Julie

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]
going to

Old March 30th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

Fred Williams wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 23:00, Lucy wrote:

We're here for you. You know that.

Julie

Fangu. It helps.

Well, I was unable to sleep last night and continue to be very upset
about the whole thing. I am very angry that no one involved in the
(ahem) "rescue" couldn't just take two cats into their own home. Or that
anyone lurking on rpcc who lives within 400 miles of you, who
professes to love cats, did not help. How is that possible? I haven't
been able to stop thinking about her.

Julie
Old March 30th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Sunday 30 March 2008 10:53, Lucy wrote:

Fred Williams wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 23:00, Lucy wrote:

We're here for you. You know that.

Julie

Fangu. It helps.

Well, I was unable to sleep last night and continue to be very upset
about the whole thing. I am very angry that no one involved in the
(ahem) "rescue" couldn't just take two cats into their own home. Or
that
anyone lurking on rpcc who lives within 400 miles of you, who
professes to love cats, did not help. How is that possible? I haven't
been able to stop thinking about her.

Julie

I know I didn't sleep much and Diana was up for most of the night,
possibly because she couldn't take my tossing and turning. I now have
the number of the woman with the foster home who will be looking after
Diana. I'll give her a call after lunch.
I really don't like this, but I have no other way of dealing with this.

Old March 30th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

Do you think there is ANY way at ALL that your friends would let you
keep both Diana and Ryan? This is an emergency. Does your vet's office
staff know about this? Is there any kind of temp job that you could take
that would at least avoid the move until you can buy more time? After
Diana goes to the foster home, can you continue to see her?

Oy.

I was out of work for an entire year, and I am well aware that when it
comes down to the wire, people are NO help at all.

Julie
Old March 30th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

These are very bad times. Who knows what the future will bring for all
our furry friends and us as well. More later. I've got a couple of
call I can make yet. If anyone has friends in the area who might help,
please let them know.

Old March 30th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

I emailed a friend in Halifax.
Also asked her if she knew anyone in Ottawa .

Purring for you, and the kittees.

Sylvia

Old March 30th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

Fangu. It's very much appreciated. If there's anything anyone can do,
please try now. All three kitties are really needing your purrs.