Tomorrow is moving day for Diana.

Old April 3rd 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default Tomorrow is moving day for Diana.

I said I was really beginning to hate people when we took Barbie to the vet
for her initial check up... the assistant says, with a straight face...
"beginning, just beginning, you are a tolerant soul..."
Lucy wrote in message
news
It really irritates me when people adopting a cat say that they will
only take one, rather than two, as if it really would make a difference.
I have a friend with 9,000 square feet who says that three cats is her
"limit." Limit! Jesus Christ in a cashmere sweater! Well. The 12 of us
are doing just fine here, and everyone is happy. I will never, ever
understand. Nor will I understand why it would be hard to place Ryan
because he's "big"! Big is a problem? That's the reason I first was
attracted to Leo! I will NEVER get the way people think. Never. Never. I
mean, holy hell, if you have a home, and a cat needs a home, what on
Earth is the problem?

I hate people sometimes.

Julie

Fred Williams wrote:
One room is an awfully small place for a cat. These are wonderful
people and have consented to take one and give it the run of the house.
I don't want to force or pressure them into anything. I'm going to
have to live with them. The are even sayingthey will keep a cat after
I go, and this wouldn't be too hard on the cat after I've spent six
months, maybe a year with them. We will all be like family to the cat
after that, and if I go away it will be a small matter because the cat
will be bonded to them as well and used to the house by that time. I
expect to continue to see these people from time to time anyway even
after. They have been good friends for several decades and I've known
him since university. Whatever is best for the cat will be done, of
course.
It's not really up to my new housemates which one to keep.

We're
trying to keep Diana and Ryan together and place them in a new
ontruehome. It may take a little time. In the meantime I was going to
take Cinnamon when my new housemates said they'd take one. In the
meantime, the lady who runs the cat rescue network sais they will have
a hard time placing Ryan because he is so big. and they have only two
places for single cats and not one place for two cats. So she will not
take Ryan since she's worried that he will sit in the foster homes and
never be adopted. So she wants Diana in one home and Cinnamon in
another an me to take Ryan. Then she thinks that Cinnamon would go
first because he's a long haired, polydactile beautiful cat. So Ryan &
Diana wind up split anyway and Cinnmon is off on his own. Also Diana
is going to a foster home with a dominant male so she will have to be
kept in one room separate from him till they get used to each other.
Diana will be miserable all alone and she will loose Ryan & everybody
she knows at the same time. It's a mess right now. I hope we can
improve on that will happen.

Uncle Fred.

On Saturday 29 March 2008 15:48, Granby wrote:

Fred, have you considered taking all three to the new home, letting
your new
housemates choose which one to keep? Maybe that way you could keep
two? Will you have your own room and, with cat trees, could you keep
two in your room?
"Fred Williams" wrote in message
Hi dear friends,
Well the lady at the Cat Rescue Network said they can take
Diana
this
weekend and so I said Sunday.
I am getting help from a some good hoomans and the foster home
is
only
temporary. If we can find a good home for them to be together it can
still happen.
Yesterday, I told Diana and Rayn about what was going to
happen,
and
how they'd have to be split up. I used simple english wondering if
they'd understand any of it. Their eyes said they knew something was
wrong.
In the middle of the night I find Diana and Ryan curled up
together
on
my bed beside my legs, purring as loudly as I've ever heard them
purr. Ryan hardly ever comes on the bed and then only for short
periods of
time. They seldom purrr like that.
Arrangements are almost changing by the day and I and friends
scamble
to see what we can do for these guys.

--
Regards,
Fred

Old April 3rd 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

careful will, she is liking this wayyy, too much, it is usually me that gets
that name not the ever so sweet Gramby.... unless it comes to the welfare of
an animal, which she would starve for, soft
Granby wrote in message
I don't often get called underhanded and sneaky but in this case I

consider
it a compliment! See Lee, see what he called me? I can be that way when

it
is called for!
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Mar 29, 2:48 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Fred, have you considered taking all three to the new home, letting

your
new
housemates choose which one to keep? Maybe that way you could keep

two?
Will you have your own room and, with cat trees, could you keep two in
your
room?

This sounds like what my friend Bruce could do very well. When he
decided to get forever homes for their barn cats (with a couple of
exceptions) he quickly became an Olympic champion at the sport of
giving away cats and kittens to good homes. His "choose between these
two" technique was much admired by followers of the sport. It _always_
led to the victims, I mean people, getting two cats or kittens. He
retired as a many-time champion once his clowder held only Wascal and
Wascal's mom Smooch, both of whom had been relocated to the house by
then.

Asking people to choose between two cats in hopes that they will take
both is underhanded and sneaky. And I am in favor of it.

-
Will in New Haven
"Decaf? Decaf is for children!" - Jim Thompson