Tom Cat won’t breed with in-season queen!??

Old July 7th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Tom Cat won't breed with in-season queen!??

"CatNipped" wrote
Yes, indeed, there are so many reasons to keep breeding "pure-bred" cats
until, like over-bred dogs, every single breed has its concommitant
(usually painful, often deadly) defects - while perfectly healthy moggies
are euthanized for want of a home.

This be mah favrit part.

Old July 7th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
Yes, indeed, there are so many reasons to keep breeding "pure-bred" cats
until, like over-bred dogs, every single breed has its concommitant
(usually painful, often deadly) defects - while perfectly healthy moggies
are euthanized for want of a home.

This be mah favrit part.

Thanks. I know I shouldn't bother replying because it will do absolutely no
good, but every once in a while I can't help myself, I just have to scream
to the heavens and hope logic prevails! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 7th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"dontcountstars" wrote in message
news:470395_778fc3252a3d4ef52dbc34a2de84a519@0000. com...

neuterings. (I'm a qualified veterinary nurse) Do you do anything to
help, other than harrass people online?

He he he! Got a couple of days to read a list of all that Phil P. does
to help cats?

[Snips CN's excellent, detailed, thoughtful and accurate post.]

Good work! You will notice that I just killfile these assholes. I am
glad someone can be bothered to try to talk some sense into them.
I get too upset when I try, and when Mama ain't happy ain't
NOBODY happy. (In other words, I have to stop making assholes
like this so mad they try to hunt me down and hurt my feelings.)

Oh no - you should take pride in what you do best! I *wish* I had your
ability to skewer the terminally stupid! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 7th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
Yes, indeed, there are so many reasons to keep breeding "pure-bred" cats
until, like over-bred dogs, every single breed has its concommitant
(usually painful, often deadly) defects - while perfectly healthy
moggies are euthanized for want of a home.

This be mah favrit part.

Thanks. I know I shouldn't bother replying because it will do absolutely
no good, but every once in a while I can't help myself, I just have to
scream to the heavens and hope logic prevails! ;

No, it is really good that you are willing to do this. I wish I were not too
disgusted
to bother. You do more good than I do.

Old July 7th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"dontcountstars" wrote in message
news:470395_778fc3252a3d4ef52dbc34a2de84a519@0000. com...

neuterings. (I'm a qualified veterinary nurse) Do you do anything to
help, other than harrass people online?

He he he! Got a couple of days to read a list of all that Phil P. does
to help cats?

[Snips CN's excellent, detailed, thoughtful and accurate post.]

Good work! You will notice that I just killfile these assholes. I am
glad someone can be bothered to try to talk some sense into them.
I get too upset when I try, and when Mama ain't happy ain't
NOBODY happy. (In other words, I have to stop making assholes
like this so mad they try to hunt me down and hurt my feelings.)

Oh no - you should take pride in what you do best! I *wish* I had your
ability to skewer the terminally stupid! ;

You can convert more cat abusers with information, though. Good work, CN. I
admire your dedication.

Old July 7th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I just wish I had the time and resources to put words to action like
Phil does - he's the real hero!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 7th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 07 Jul 2008 04:00:55p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

Which pedigree charactersitics are so beneficial to the cat
population that they should be perpetuated?

Sorry for snipping all the rest, including the OP but still have
computer problems. lol

Great post. Not to mention the health risks to queen including
pyometra and mammary cancer.

Another another thing, don't "reputable" breeders have resources
other than a newsgroup to ask these questions? The same old MO. They
ask a question and then when challenged they post the "missing" info
to make themselves feel better. pfft.

--
Cheryl

What breeders - both legitimate and backyard - don't seem to get is the
extrapolation from the data I posted. The breeds with the most / worst
defects are the "older" breeds like the Persian and Siamese - the ones who
have been bred the longest. Ergo, the more you breed for specific traits
(inbreeding if truth be told), the worse you make it the breed - and the
more tragic the consequences for the cat.

Another thing that drives me crazy is when breeders say, "Well my clients
don't want a moggie, they will only buy a pure-bred". Well, how wonderful
would it be if the people who only want pure-bred status symbols won't have
a cat to abuse or throw away if it goes out of "style", and only people who
truly love cats and want to add a member to their families are the only ones
who *get* cats!

*SIGH* I'm preaching to the choir, I know!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 8th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"dontcountstars" wrote in message
news:470395_778fc3252a3d4ef52dbc34a2de84a519@0000. com...
Thankyou for your misjudged replies,

I'd say my replies were right on target. You welcome.

however I'm doing nothing wrong.

As long as you're breeding cats while cats are dying in shelters because
there aren't enough homes- you can bet your "irresponsible,
morally bankrupt" ass you're doing something wrong.

snip- not interested your opinion of your cats' credentials

I am only interested
in finding top quality homes for any kittens I breed,

....and every top quality home you find for your intentionally bred cats, is
one home less for a cat languishing in a shelter where she'll be eventually
killed.

and making sure
I do my part to only breed from the best possible cats,

If you want to do your part for the feline species- don't breed any more
cats.

so as to
further the progression of the breed.

"Progression of the breed"... sounds like a phrase straight out of Mein
Kampf. The cats don't need you to further the progression of the species.
They were doing just fine before you circle-jerking 50-cent geneticists
started "improving" them. Your kind really "improved" the Himalayans... and
the Persians... and the Siamese, didn't you? You bred genetic defects into
those breeds that never before exisited in nature.

If you really want to further the progression of the breed-- leeeaaavvveee
them the **** alone.

Just so you know, I also am well aware of the problem with
overpopulation,

You are? And you *still* want to breed more cats??? Whar are you, a moron or
just a "irresponsible, morally bankrupt person"?

I do a lot of volutary work at the local animal
sanctuary

....between breeding more cats? What do you there? Try to make room for the
cats whose homes were displaced by your kittens?

(I'm a qualified veterinary nurse)

Credentials don't guarantee credibility- one can exist without the other.
You're a shining example! You're a "qualified veterinary nurse" and you have
to come to a newsgroup to ask a stupid question? How did you get your
credentials? From a matchbook cover?

Do you do anything to
help, other than harrass people online?

Yeah, I do- but I'm not doing it right now because I'm harrassing you for
contributing to the cat overpopulation problem.

Pedigree breedings are not to blame for overpopulation and abandoned
animals,

Naaa, you just contribute to the overpopulation problem. You're just like a
fool who pours gas on a fire and doesn't take responsibility for the damage
because he didn't start the fire.

and without the continuation of the many hundreds of year old
pedigree lines, these breeds would completely die out and become
extinct, which would be a terrible loss for mankind.

Half of those breeds didn't exist in nature to begin with, - and the other
half have genetic defects from circle-jerking, 50-cent geneticists like you
trying to "improve" the breeds.

So really, I resent your assumption that I am an irresponsible,
morally bankrupt person,

I'm glad to hear it! After reading your reply, I see my assumption was
correct!

and feel that perhaps you should not jump to
conclusions next time,

Why not? My conclusions were correct.

and also work on a better way to get your
message across,

I *have* a better way. But if you don't like this way, you damn sure
wouldn't like my "better way"..

other than being inappropriately rude when someone
asks an innocent question.

Its impossible to be "inappropriately rude" to a breeder- I could never be
rude enough to a breeder-- and I'm really good at being rude!

The only good thing about breeders is no matter what I say or do to them- I
*never* feel bad about it- I feel the same way about animal abusers.

Old July 8th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Progression of the breed"... sounds like a phrase straight out of Mein
Kampf. The cats don't need you to further the progression of the species.
They were doing just fine before you circle-jerking 50-cent geneticists
started "improving" them. Your kind really "improved" the Himalayans...
and
the Persians... and the Siamese, didn't you? You bred genetic defects into
those breeds that never before exisited in nature.

If you really want to further the progression of the breed-- leeeaaavvveee
them the **** alone.

I don't want to waste any more time on the moron you're replying to, but I
just had to add my two cents to this. How in *HELL* can anyone "improve"
nature's perfect predator??!

Hubris!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 8th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

I'm not familiar with cat breeding, and whether or not there are standards
for ethical breeders as there are in the dog world; for example, all pets
must be sold with a spay/neuter contract, genetic testing appropriate for
the breed must be done before breeding, any puppy must be returned to the
breeder for rehoming if the owner is not able to keep it at any time during
its life, and so forth.

Is there such a thing in the cat world?

The Queen of Darkness gets everywhere! Lesley Cat anecdotes 3 July 23rd 07 01:20 AM
Dear Queen Nox....... Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 June 9th 07 12:23 AM
The Undisputed Queen Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 19th 07 10:00 AM
Queen of The World! Marina Cat anecdotes 8 August 15th 03 05:08 PM