Picking a cat / fostering a cat

Old March 24th 05, 10:50 PM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message

"kitkat" wrote in message
om...
David via CatKB.com wrote:
Fostering a cat

I don't see what there is wrong about fostering a cat.

Fostering a cat helps out the adoption agency. If the cat at the

vet
recovers, he still did not adjust to living in my apartment and he
shouldn't come back - he'll just stop eating again. Maybe fostering

cats
would be a good idea - they certainly need the help. What is wrong

with
that?

There is nothing wrong with fostering cats. However, you have no idea
what will happen with the other cat if he returns to your apartment.

It
sounds like he stopped eating because he was traumatized over the

death
of his owner. Once he gets treated and starts eating again, he may do
just fine with you again.

He wants a problem free cat. He is intent on hedging his bets, not
willing to take the gamble we all take. If he had brought my Cheeks
home he would have returned her at the first asthma attack. And she
is the sweetest, most loving and intelligent cat I have ever met.

And I was thinking: if he'd adopted my Demelza, he probably would've
returned her to the shelter as soon as he found out at her first vet visit
(on the way home from the shelter) that she has a heart murmur.

In all honesty, this ****ing moron just rips my heart out because
he reminds me of all the wonderful animals out there who cannot
find good homes due to ignorant, callous, hardhearted jackasses who
even IF they think they like cats, treat them like objects with no feelings.
Oo. I want a really pretty one that won't get sick and cost me money.
Imagine that little cat with the CRF CUDDLING up to this mf, and he
gives her back? Jezus. It's so sad it's just beyond crying about. I think
I hate everyone I know who will not adopt a shelter cat. And everyone
I don't know, too.

Old March 24th 05, 10:54 PM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote in message

"David via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Hi,

Well, my last cat is now under observation at the adoption agency's
vetrinarian...He was very loveable and mushy - just purred and sat

on
my
lap, totally adorable.

Except he didn't eat. Best I could figure out was that his former

owner
died, so he/she was elderly - kept him company and fed him goodies

all
day
(his papers said "grossly obese" from animal rescue).

I got a call from the vet today - the doctor left a message that it

was
most likely liver disease. The representative from the adoption

agency
said
"Of course it was liver disease, that's what happens when cats

don't
eat....

..It's sort of a chicken and egg thing - is the cat not eating

because
of
liver disease, or does he have liver disease because he's not

eating.

In any event, stopped by another pet store, another agency has a

set-up
there..This time I'm just fostering a cat till Friday..or longer.

But
he
is
DEFINITELY going back! He's gorgeous, eats up a storm...Except when

he
lies
on the bed if you go to pet him, he hisses and scratches. But he

loves
be petted when he's walking around...Once he lies down - watch

out!!!!!

No the kind of cat I'm looking for..I like the ones that like to

cuddle..

It takes *time* to build a trusting relationship you self-centered

*******.

So, when I'm looking around at shelters or adoption centers..What

are
the
ten warning signs that something is wrong behavior and health wise??

In the meantime, fostering is a nice way to get a cat into the house

once
again..even if it's not a perfect match. There's no long term

commitement
required...and if it works out, you can keep the cat..

..and if it doesn't work out fast enough or the cat doesn't live up to

your
expectations, you have her killed or returned like defective

merchandise.

If you really want to help the cats of this world, STAY THE **** AWAY

FROM
THEM and LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Does anyone have any information on this character? I want to make

sure
every shelter in 100 mile radius of him puts him on their DNA list.

Is he a sociopath or just 1/4 inch deep? Man. I thought it might
just be me.

Nope. I can usually give people a bit of leeway - the benefit of the
doubt - I think, but this guy's post caused my early warning radar to go

way
up.

People like Dave give me the unhappy feeling that if I could do it
legally, I would enjoy ruining his life.