DOH!

Old August 16th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default DOH!

Da Boyz have the very hard and fast held philosophy about food and treats.
Their motto is, "Eat everybody else's food first and then go back for your
own." It makes it very hard to give out treats to all the cats fairly. I
have to play referee and grab at two little orinj streaks, take them out of
the field of play, and head them back toward their own pile of treats. I no
sooner get one little orinj streak put back at his own pile before another
little orinj streak is making his way towards a big cat's pile of treats
(and the adult cats, being adults around kittens, will graciously cede their
own treats to the kittens - it's so not fair to them because the kittens are
little bottomless pits at this stage in their growth).

Well, I made the mistake of opening up a new 2-liter bottle of diet coke to
pour myself a glass right after I had put treats down for all the cats (as
widely separated as I could). I was about to pour my drink when, sure
enough, there came two little orinj streaks heading for Sammy's pile of
treats. I tried redirecting them with my feet for a few seconds, but they
agilely leaped right over them and continued on their way. In my haste to
put the opened 2-liter down to hurriedly grab Da Boyz away from Sammy's
treats, I missed the coffee table and the 2-litter fell straight down
towards the floor.

Now I swear the next part happened in
ssslllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww motion! I watched the full bottle
of coke start to drop to the floor, reached out to try to grab it and
succeeded only in making it wobble on the way down. [Speed back up to
normal time...] The well-shaken bottle of coke hit the floor and the
contents spewed straight up into my face and continued on its trajectory to
the ceiling and then fountained outwards to soak an area three feet wide. I
stood there, in a bit of shock, with diet coke dripping from my hair and my
glasses, my clothes were soaked, the ceiling was dripping, the couch was
soaked, the carpet was soaked, everything on the coffee table was soaked,
*BUT ALL THE CATS WERE SUDDENLY ACROSS THE ROOM AND DRY AS A DESERT!!!*
Feline teleportation at its finest! To add insult to injury, Da Boyz then
dashed back across the room and wolfed down the now soaked treats before
Sammy could come back to get them (not that she was going back into the wet
zone).

I couldn't help myself! I plopped down on my soaked sofa and I *ROARED*
with laughter! Who knew a 2 liter bottle of coke contained so much liquid!!

Ohmygawd what holy terrors Da Boyz are. They followed me down into my
office and as I'm typing this just broke the paper holder on my printer and
disconnected my mouse!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 16th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

CatNipped wrote:

I couldn't help myself! I plopped down on my soaked sofa and I *ROARED*
with laughter! Who knew a 2 liter bottle of coke contained so much liquid!!

LOL!!!!

DaBoyz are just growing kittens- although looking at their feet I've a
feeling they are going to keep growing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 16th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:23:14 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Da Boyz have the very hard and fast held philosophy about food and treats.
Their motto is, "Eat everybody else's food first and then go back for your
own."

Now why pray tell wasn't there a BW on that post Lori? I can picture
you now trying to wrangle those little ginger butts about, hoping the
girls hurry up and eat their share of goodies before the boys slip
past you and head back to the treats.

-bonbon

Old August 16th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

I couldn't help myself! I plopped down on my soaked sofa and I *ROARED*
with laughter! Who knew a 2 liter bottle of coke contained so much
liquid!!

LOL!!!!

DaBoyz are just growing kittens- although looking at their feet I've a
feeling they are going to keep growing

I look at them and I am constantly *AMAZED* at how much food they can put
away. They are *SO*, so skinny!!! I've never had a kitten with that body
type before - all my kittens have been chubby little furballs until they got
older. Even tiny Jessie had a round little tummy on her. But if you lift
the boys up by their front feet they look like little orange (#2) pencils!!
In fact, I'm going to see if I can get Ben to hold them out like Superman
(for some reason they love that) to you can see more precisely what I mean.
BRB!

Old August 17th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Sorry about the mess you had to clean up, but ROFLMAO! I LOVE your
stories!

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 17th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 16, 9:23 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Classic hoolikitten behavior! I guess all you can do is enjoy (???)
it. Like kids,
they'll grow up someday and you'll miss their antics.

Sherry