[SIGH]

Old December 10th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default [SIGH]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
This weekend just keeps getting worse and worse. It's hard enough waiting
for Monday to find out when I'm having surgery, but yesterday in Walmart,
I was eating some McDonald's chicken tenders (we have a McDonald's inside
our Walmart) - and the chicken wasn't so tender. I bit down on something
had and broke a huge piece off of my back tooth. So now, after I get out
of the doctor's office, I have to go have that tooth drilled down to the
gums and get a temporary crown put on!

OB:

On the flip side, I managed to bake some cookies for the neighbors without
burning my house down (and that's saying something for me!!)

Now don't yell at me Jill! ;

I bought some of those tubes of cookies at Walmart (the kind you cut up
and roll into balls, stick in the oven and, hey presto, home-baked
cookies). I bought three tubes and that turned out to be a LOT of
cookies. Since we only have one banged up cookie sheet, I thought I had a
very bright idea for baking more at a time. I'd kept the glass turntable
from my old microwave when we got our new one. I figured that since it
was made to be used in the microwave, sticking it in the oven shouldn't
hurt it. It didn't shatter, so after the required baking time (taken from
the package directions) transpired, I pulled out the glass turntable full
of cookies that looked all golden brown on top. However, when I went to
remove them from the glass, the golden-brown "shell" came off leaving a
lump of uncooked cookie dough stuck to the glass. It seems glass is not a
good conductor of heat and doesn't bake the cookies from the bottom up
like a cookie sheet does.

The best thing ever I learned from the food channel.

I use parchment on the cookie sheets now when I bake cookies. No mess and
nothing sticks.

I just fold the edges of the paper under to make it fit the pan.

I've started using it for biscuits too.

(It comes in rolls just like wax paper and aluminum foil)

Jo

Old December 10th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jofirey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

It doesn't burn up in the oven??!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 10th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Dec 10, 7:47 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"jofirey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

No, it doesn't Lori. I also use it when I make a cheesecake,
especially a cheesecake I plan to take somewhere. I can make the
cake, let it sit in the refrigerator over night and then turn the cake
upside down and gently remove the bottom of the springform pan before
taking the cake to someone's home. That way I don't have to worry
about remembering to bring the bottom of the pan home. I *love*
parchment paper.

Julie
Old December 10th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

YAY! Got mine done this morning also!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
Thanks! Purrs for your tooth (and mine)! ;

Surprisingly, I got in to see a dentist today. And he uses gas. And he's
right down the street. If it were summer, I could walk to his office!!
Of course, I can't get the tooth fixed today, but it's one step closer.

Are you going to see a dentist today, or at least soon? And purrrrrssss
to your 'toof' too!!!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
L,

I hear ya loud and clear!! I've been real sick (heart stuff). I had to
have an echocardiogram, stress test, etc. Just when I felt better, I
got shingles (never had them before)... and they are so painful!!
Friday, I was thinking on the way home from my doc appt., that I'm glad
I'll be back to the norm this week and will be avoiding doctors for a
while. Friday night I was in bed watching TV and grabbed a Christmas
cookie. The *very same* thing happened to me!! The whole back of my
molar (up top and in the back) lost it's filling!!! The entire inside
of the tooth is exposed!! So? Here we go again!! Scrambling to make
phone calls and then go to a dentist (which I'd rather NOT DO b/c I'm
scared of them)!!

I will put you in my prayers when I talk to the tooth fairy tonight!!!

Hang in there! (I will if you will)!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old December 10th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"jofirey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

What I don't understand is it isn't something new. Its been around for ages
and I never heard of it. I can even bake several trays of cookies on a
single sheet of it. When I'm done I throw it out and the cookie sheet is
practically clean.

Between the parchment and the non-stick foil I'm one happy camper.

Jo

Old December 10th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I hope you give the dentist's bill to the McDonald's manager. They
should be responsible for a bone (or whatever) in a chicken tender. If
a person can collect for spilled hot coffee, you should be able to
collect for this.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 11th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

---MIKE--- wrote:

I hope you give the dentist's bill to the McDonald's manager. They
should be responsible for a bone (or whatever) in a chicken tender. If
a person can collect for spilled hot coffee, you should be able to
collect for this.

Mike has a point! They should be liable for this. Even if you just
*hint* at involving a lawyer, I'll bet they'd prefer to settle.

Joyce
Old December 11th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
---MIKE--- wrote:

I hope you give the dentist's bill to the McDonald's manager. They
should be responsible for a bone (or whatever) in a chicken tender. If
a person can collect for spilled hot coffee, you should be able to
collect for this.

Mike has a point! They should be liable for this. Even if you just
*hint* at involving a lawyer, I'll bet they'd prefer to settle.

Joyce

I don't think it would work - I have no proof that caused it and the tooth
was already just a shell around a filling (I'd had a root canal done on it
previously so it needed a crown done anyway).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 13th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2007-12-10, jofirey penned:

The best thing ever I learned from the food channel.

I use parchment on the cookie sheets now when I bake cookies. No
mess and nothing sticks.

I just fold the edges of the paper under to make it fit the pan.

I've started using it for biscuits too.

(It comes in rolls just like wax paper and aluminum foil)

I have a thin silicone sheet that I put on the cookie sheet. Much
better than cookies right on the metal, but it *is* a little hard to
scrub something so wobbly.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

here we go again ::sigh:: Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 22 November 22nd 05 06:42 PM
sigh James Marz Cat health & behaviour 20 May 16th 04 02:17 AM
sigh [ medic ] Cat health & behaviour 25 May 15th 04 06:42 PM
sigh Mary Cat health & behaviour 3 May 14th 04 06:06 PM
Sigh Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 38 February 29th 04 11:43 PM