Vandal!!!

Old November 25th 05, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Vandal!!!

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:50:47 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
I heard a noise last night-- obviously ca-generated noise, so I
wasn't afraid to investigate. I was astonished to find the kitchen
garbage
pail turned over and who rummaging through it??? NOT Dante!

No, my good boy was rifling through the garbage, looking for
something
in particular. Amidst much rustling, he dragged it out. I couldn't
imagine what could have prompted this-- he hasn't gone into the
garbage since he was a hooli. What trashy treasure could he be so
single-mindedly seeking?

It was the empty bag from the pre-seasoned stuffing I had used last
night to make the stuffing for today.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Ooooh! Stinky likes stuffing crumbs! Persia is always after me for
crackers and toast and bread and the like. Goes so far as to try to
bat them out of my hand. Remember when I had to do the Heimlich on
her when she grabbed a bit of melba toast from me and started
choking? Yikes!

Stinky likes crackers, toast and bread, but I think the clincher here
was the smell of the seasoning. Garlic and herbs are almost like
catnip to him. He also loves butter.

When he was still a hoolikitten, my mother was toasting bagels, and
had just sliced and buttered one, and turned away. When she turned
back, Stinky was marching away with half the bagel sticking out of his
mouth.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

That's too funny! Persia likes herbs, too. But catnip doesn't affect her
much... except for the really fresh stuff I keep in the freezer. Then when
I refill her "kitty sock" she has to do the bunny kick then lick the crap
out of it thing.

I've never tried other herbs on her, like rosemary, thyme, sage... she'd
probably love them.

Jill

Old November 25th 05, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

I've never tried other herbs on her, like rosemary, thyme, sage... she'd
probably love them.

Frank reacts to thyme like he does to catnip. And he really loves his
catnip.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 25th 05, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

My four go nuts over Valerian root (which I take at night to help me sleep).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 25th 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

I've never tried other herbs on her, like rosemary, thyme, sage... she'd
probably love them.

Frank reacts to thyme like he does to catnip. And he really loves his
catnip.

I'll have to check that out. I finally found some fresh Thyme just before
Thanksgiving.

Jo

Old November 25th 05, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu 24 Nov 2005 10:35:24a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I heard a noise last night-- obviously ca-generated noise, so I
wasn't afraid to investigate. I was astonished to find the
kitchen garbage pail turned over and who rummaging through it???
NOT Dante!

No, my good boy was rifling through the garbage, looking for
something in particular. Amidst much rustling, he dragged it
out. I couldn't imagine what could have prompted this-- he
hasn't gone into the garbage since he was a hooli. What trashy
treasure could he be so single-mindedly seeking?

It was the empty bag from the pre-seasoned stuffing I had used
last night to make the stuffing for today.

You're in trouble now, he's acting like a kitten again! Mine did
that after the appearance of Rhett and Scarlett, but not
immediately. Shamrock was at first Mr Mom, Bonnie just hid. After a
while, they all play like hoolies again. You had asked in
another thread, and Scarlett and Rhett are now just over a year
old. I was enslaved by them one year and 20 days ago.

--
Cheryl
Old November 25th 05, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 25 Nov 2005 09:24:24a, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I've never tried other herbs on her, like rosemary, thyme,
sage... she'd probably love them.

Jill

My four go nuts over Valerian root (which I take at night to
help me sleep).

Mine do too. I think it stinks!

--
Cheryl
Old November 26th 05, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Fri 25 Nov 2005 09:24:24a, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I've never tried other herbs on her, like rosemary, thyme,
sage... she'd probably love them.

Jill

My four go nuts over Valerian root (which I take at night to
help me sleep).

Mine do too. I think it stinks!

Yeah, it has a *VERY* strong odor - as soon as I take the top off the bottle
cats come running from 5 rooms away!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--