Hairballs that Mocha can't get out...

Old November 25th 05, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Hairballs that Mocha can't get out...

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:46:48 -0500, 8051epaddack wrote:

My cat for the last 3 weeks started hacking up nothing. I think it
reminded me of some school days and to much beer but nothing would come
out after being over the toilet for 2 hours. I started giving her
hairball remedy from Hartz 5 days ago. I think its making her hack more
BUT still no hairball will jump out of that poor cats mouth. Now she just
lays around sad because I know she is in pain from all this hacking. What
do I do????? Its so sad to watch her do this.

Sometimes a kitty having an asthma attack can look like he's trying to
hack up a hairball. On http://www.fritzthebrave.com/ there's a video of
Fritz having an asthma attack while his humans are getting his meds ready.

I'd say get kitty to the vet, but I believe I saw in an earlier message
that you're already planning to do so. The vet ought to be able to help.
Please keep us posted - we'd like to hear what the vet has to say.

Dan
Old November 25th 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hans Schrøder wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

It's so obvious SCHOOL is out for U.S. holidays and the kids have
nothing better to do. Does your Mommy know where you are?

Sorry, Jill, you may be mistaken here... Just consider the
possibility.

I'll consider it.

You don't know this person, I guess, and if you were a newbie to RPCA
and were welcomed in such an impolite and judging matter, how would
you react?

Well, first of all I know better than to charge into an ng stating I have an
ill cat without the sense to take it to the vet, asking people I don't know
what to do about it.

8051epaddack has already stated that he/she is going to take the cat
to the vet, what's better?

Didn't state that in the original post.

And the habit of calling people idiots... Please behave, this is an
INCLUDING community, isn't it?

br,
Hans

Yes, it is. But this time of year I suspect everything. I don't believe
those guys on every corner ringing bells asking for money are actually Santa
(or his helpers), either.

Jill

Old November 25th 05, 08:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you for your help. Yes she is going normal to the box. she still
plays around at times but I think I should take her in. This is my first
cat and first problem with one. So I'm sorry if I sound like a dumn one
to Jill. The one that sent me the return this afternoon. Thanks for your
help and kindness Divamanque

Old November 25th 05, 08:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Well, its my first cat so I guess I better get her in. thanks for your help
Jo.

Old November 25th 05, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan thanks for your help. I will let you know.

Old November 25th 05, 09:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

8051epaddack wrote:
Thank you for your help. Yes she is going normal to the box. she
still plays around at times but I think I should take her in. This
is my first cat and first problem with one. So I'm sorry if I sound
like a dumn one to Jill. The one that sent me the return this
afternoon. Thanks for your help and kindness Divamanque

I am sorry if I misjudged you. However, my cat is my first cat as well.
And in fact, I had her vetted a week after I tried (via posters, calling
vets and shelters, etc.) couldn't find her owners. It's just a smart thing
to do. If she were coughing I wouldn't have assumed a hairball. Having no
experience with cats, I sure wouldn't have thought of hairballs.

Cats need shots, too, you know. They are like little kids. But smarter

Jill

Old November 25th 05, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jill,
I found this site because I needed help. This is my first cat and I
don't know much about how to care for them. I'm so sorry that you get to
show everyone on here that you made me the butt of your "not" Joke. This
world would be a better place if people like you would just smile and try
to help. I'm sorry if I didn't make the right judgement on mocha's
hairball problem. And I'm sorry if I messed up the flow of your talkabout
pets.com. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. Ellis

Old November 25th 05, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

8051epaddack wrote:
Well, its my first cat so I guess I better get her in. thanks for
your help Jo.

Please let us know what the vet says.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 25th 05, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Cats need shots, too, you know. They are like little kids. But smarter

Except that they can't tell you what hurts, which most
children past infancy can do.

Jill

Old November 25th 05, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Hans Schrxder" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

It's so obvious SCHOOL is out for U.S. holidays and the kids have nothing
better to do. Does your Mommy know where you are?

Sorry, Jill, you may be mistaken here... Just consider the possibility.

You don't know this person, I guess, and if you were a newbie to RPCA and
were welcomed in such an impolite and judging matter, how would you react?

8051epaddack has already stated that he/she is going to take the cat to
the vet, what's better?

And the habit of calling people idiots... Please behave, this is an
INCLUDING community, isn't it?

br,
Hans

I sure have my doubts when someone new has to include their drinking and
toilet problems in the first paragraph of their first post. Needing to be
told to take a cat that has been coughing for a period of time to the vet is
about on a par with needing to be told it needs food, water, and a literbox.

Jo

Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat health & behaviour 1 July 28th 05 04:05 AM
Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat anecdotes 1 July 28th 05 01:15 AM
Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat community 0 July 28th 05 12:25 AM
How many hairballs can two cats cough up? Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 10 July 19th 04 04:00 AM
Cat-Boy and Hairballs Marek Williams Cat health & behaviour 16 March 7th 04 06:34 AM