Hairballs that Mocha can't get out...

Old November 25th 05, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Hairballs that Mocha can't get out...

jmcquown wrote:

Cats need shots, too, you know. They are like little kids. But smarter

Except that they can't tell you what hurts, which most children past
infancy can do.

Trainee vets here in the UK have to have higher passes in their university
subjects than wannabe doctors to even get a sniff at getting into a vet
college, they train a bit longer too.
If having all A's makes them super intelligent, it doesn't necessarily make
them better vets though.
Once upon a time, there was a lot of guesswork in veterinary practice and
the diagnostic ability needed to be high. It's not so much like that now,
at least not at my vets. If it's not something obvious, like say an abcess,
some wound or other, a mucky ear which even the most rookie vet could do
something about straight away - we go down the line of blood tests, body
scans etc which usually tells us what is wrong quite quickly.
It is not always what we want to hear, but I suppose it's much better than
the old days when it was "try this medication" and it didn't work, so "try
this, then." etc etc and have your pet die in the end without having a true
diagnosis because it wasn't possible to be sure about it then, the vet had
to take an educated guess.

Tweed

Old November 26th 05, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank You Jill
I as well took my cat to the vet. Shots are things we need and so are
the pets we love. But with the shots you don't get an education on how to
care 100% for there sickness. If I get sick I get over it. I have Med
insurance but I will leave the hospital for the people that really need
help. I go in JUST like my CAT for check ups. Mocha is fine. The vet
today told me she is healthy. And its just hair balls that he took care
of for me with a little cat magic. Have a great night and thank you for
your help

Old November 27th 05, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-26 03:30:02 -0600, "8051epaddack" said:

Thank You Jill
I as well took my cat to the vet. Shots are things we need and so are
the pets we love. But with the shots you don't get an education on how to
care 100% for there sickness. If I get sick I get over it. I have Med
insurance but I will leave the hospital for the people that really need
help. I go in JUST like my CAT for check ups. Mocha is fine. The vet
today told me she is healthy. And its just hair balls that he took care
of for me with a little cat magic. Have a great night and thank you for
your help

Asthma springs to my mind and is often misdiagnosed because in between
attacks they may seem perfectly normal. If it happens again, I'd sure
get xrays.

Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat health & behaviour 1 July 28th 05 04:05 AM
Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat anecdotes 1 July 28th 05 01:15 AM
Hairballs tEX eINSTEIN Cat community 0 July 28th 05 12:25 AM
How many hairballs can two cats cough up? Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 10 July 19th 04 04:00 AM
Cat-Boy and Hairballs Marek Williams Cat health & behaviour 16 March 7th 04 06:34 AM