Lorelei's trip to TED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 27th 11, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
at

Default Lorelei's trip to TED

I have been very concerned about taking Lorelei to TED, because of the
difficult time she has had adjusting to her new home.

She's really only gotten what I would consider really 'comfortable' here
in the past few weeks.

Meanwhile, she hasn't been seen by TED for almost 2 1/2 years.

She was long overdue for vaccinations, an exam, and she has never been
tested for FeLeuk or FIV, either.

Lorelei is a very sweet cat....but she's also very stubborn.

I tried looking at her teeth once, and I could barely get a decent
glimpse of her back teeth, to check for plaque and gingivitis.

When it was time to put Lorelei in the carrier, I had no virtually no
trouble at all.

She cried a little during the 10 mile trip to TED, but not badly at all.

And once I got her there, she stopped.

I was concerned that Lorelei would be a 'difficult patient' at the
clinic.

I was wrong.

She was a real angel, letting TED thoroughly examine her, and the
technicians to draw some blood, with no fuss at all.

All of the vet techs who were at the clinic stopped in the exam room to
see her, and tell me how pretty she is

All of them helped to take care of Kenzie, one time or another, before
she went to the Bridge, during the last 2 or 3 days.

Lorelei got a completely clean bill of health. My TED is very, very good
with cats: Lorelei let her examine her teeth, and everything else, with
no fuss at all. Her teeth look very clean.

I had to have Kenzie's teeth cleaned every three years or so, and it is
pretty expensive. I'm hoping that Lorelei's teeth stay clean for a good
long time.

Lorelei got tested for FeLeuk and FIV, and is negative, as I expected.

She got her vaccinations, too.

Assuming she doesn't get sick or anything, I won't have to take her back
for a year.

The only thing TED commented on was that Lorelei is rather 'fluffy', and
needs to lose some weight, to help avoid things like feline diabetes.

I had a good chat with my TED, Katie. She is such a nice person, in
addition to being the very best veterinarian I've ever met.

She told me that she thinks Lorelei is very fortunate that I adopted
her, and is certainly better off than where she lived before.

I tend to think that I'm the really fortunate one.

All of the cats I've had (that would be 4, including Lorelei, in about
the past 28 years), have all been very good natured, very, very sweet,
and very well behaved, as well.

I only raised one from a kitten, my all white kitty, Blizzard (RB, April
10th, 2001).

Lucky, Kenzie, and Lorelei I adopted as adults, so I cannot take
credit for their wonderful personalities.

But, as a general rule, cats really do seem to like me

Lorelei's big breakthrough :) at Cat community 23 April 10th 11 03:30 PM
I finally got Lorelei's cat tree set up. Gandalf[_2_] Cat community 22 December 3rd 10 06:12 AM
Another trip to the ER Sandra Cat health & behaviour 0 October 21st 05 07:48 PM
Going on a trip Karen Cat anecdotes 13 September 4th 05 11:55 AM
Going on another trip! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 10th 05 04:29 AM