Such a little lady

Old September 22nd 04, 10:42 PM

Enfilade wrote:

The bitties move around too much to poke, and dont' have Nocturne's
sense of elegance. They're best known for sleeping with their
forepaws/"arms" around each other. SISTERS!

Jpegs! Jpegs!!

Joyce

Old September 23rd 04, 03:15 AM
Singh

CatNipped wrote:

I've always found cats to be deeply spiritual. Even houlikittens, when they
finally settle down to purrs against your body, seem to transcend their
physical surroundings.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I see a lot of that in Brandy. She's full of the devil, but pick her up and
she'll settle into you with deep, rumbling purrs so huge you can't believe they
come from such a little body. Louie and I say that cats are doing "Naam Simran,"
a Sikh meditation where you repeat the name of God as a mantra and prayer, when
they purr. And they seem so joyful them, so who am i to argue it?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 23rd 04, 02:37 PM
CatNipped

"Singh" wrote in message
I see a lot of that in Brandy. She's full of the devil, but pick her up
and
she'll settle into you with deep, rumbling purrs so huge you can't believe
they
come from such a little body. Louie and I say that cats are doing "Naam
Simran,"
a Sikh meditation where you repeat the name of God as a mantra and prayer,
when
they purr. And they seem so joyful them, so who am i to argue it?

Blessed be,
Baha

I believe Louie may be right. They seem transcendent when they purr like
that (and you're right, *where* do those deep, loud purrs come from in that
little body?!

OT: How is Louie doing with his job hunt?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 24th 04, 04:19 AM
Singh

CatNipped wrote:

I believe Louie may be right. They seem transcendent when they purr like
that (and you're right, *where* do those deep, loud purrs come from in that
little body?!

I don't know!! she's all of seven pounds, kind of chunky for an 8 month old
kitten but the vet's not much worried. But you can hear her purring from the
next room. Roxie is no less transcendental, no less ecstatic, but much quieter.
She's not a hugger like the other two. Roxie, a cat collecting victim, was
rescued from a house that had over 40 cats and kitty-doo *everywhere*; she was
beat on, run off from food and water, and was a mess when the shelter got her.
She does not like confinement and to her, her security is in her sense of
freedom to move as she pleases. But you can pet her until the cows come home,
and she'll wiggle on the floor, arch herself, make little trilly sounds, and
purr so quietly you have to touch her throat and chest to know she's doing it.
But you can pet her for hours, and she'll purr for hours. If a cat's purr is a
prayer and how they remember the name of God, then she must be telling Him/Her
thanks for lots of space and lots of love.

OT: How is Louie doing with his job hunt?

Like a fisherman in a slow season. the nibbles are so small he has to throw them
back. But he's getting nibbles and that's a start. thanks for asking!

Blessed be!
Baha

The Bag Lady O J Cat anecdotes 9 September 17th 04 12:39 PM
Lucky and his Lady Marina Cat anecdotes 6 September 10th 03 06:29 AM